Page 84 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3474798081828384858687888994 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 2438
    Quote Originally Posted by oscarvictor View Post
    Thank you Greg. It installs flawlessly. Windows Live shows my contacts, but I can't communicate with them. I send a message and it shows the message "grayed out".

Anyone else?

Just an update..after using the phone twice, that seemed to "push" the messages through.

I also noticed that I have duplicate MSN contacts and now after a new phone call I can't see anyone logged in. (They are, checked from my comp). I had to logoff and log back in to get to work, but it goes back to not fully pushing the message through
    Quote Originally Posted by mumbassa View Post
    Which WebOS-Version?

i've tried the "allplugins" Package and there are more plugins with this issue on my GSM Pre (WebOS 1.3.5.2):

sametime
    Novell
    and Jabber

Even after I doctored my pre....
    I use WebOS 1.3.5.2 and doctored with it. It failed, but nevertheless installing the sys package, rebooting, installing the patch, reloading luna, installing the jabber and icq patch, reloading luna worked fine.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Greg,
    I saw the message you wrote about GTalk, and assume this is the same problem I am experiencing... but just to be sure, I will describe what I am seeing:
    After installing the Systemfiles, everything still works fine, able to log in to GTalk and send/receive messages.
    After installing the Patch IPK, and before even installing any plugin, I am no longer able to sign-in to GMail (forever sign-in loop).
    If I remove the Patch IPKG, access to GTalk return immediately with not problems...

and as everybody else said - You are by far one of the awesomest developers out there for the Pre! We are lucky to have you in our team!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skribbles505 View Post
    I've got the same issue. I still get the plugin installed but it shows in the list without an icon, but with the name visible. It doesn't sign in though. Ihad doctored my phone prior to installing the plugin so now i'm turning off the backup for the palm profile and erasing it again to see if that helps.
    good luck and let me know how this go!
    Quote Originally Posted by audax View Post
    I use WebOS 1.3.5.2 and doctored with it. It failed, but nevertheless installing the sys package, rebooting, installing the patch, reloading luna, installing the jabber and icq patch, reloading luna worked fine.
    Thats strange!
    After erasing my palm profile, doctoring again... doesnt work. I have no idea whats wrong.
    I installed all files exactly as greg said, I used the individual "live" file to only get msn. This is the first time i've used this because i've only recently got my pre. Everything works great. I can't believe how good it looks! The only issue is it always says "signing in", but that doesn't seem to actually affect using the msn in any way =)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA7X View Post
    I installed all files exactly as greg said, I used the individual "live" file to only get msn. This is the first time i've used this because i've only recently got my pre. Everything works great. I can't believe how good it looks! The only issue is it always says "signing in", but that doesn't seem to actually affect using the msn in any way =)
    that mean the plug in is working in clean phones .... and no in patches phones as mine !
    just installed it on a heavily patched pre, followed the instructions to the letter, installed icq/msn/jabber

icq/msn working like a charm, but i still have the problem that i can't activate the textfields to input my jabber acc/pw, had the same issue with 1.2.3 on 1.3.1 gsm pre (german)

kudos for that awesome piece of software, hope the jabber issue is resolvable.
    I did not doctor my phone an have several patches.

I did things step by step as outlined by Greg and installed all the plugins even though I only wanted MSN
    Thanks! Works great!
    Greg should update the first page to reflect the new changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by weizen View Post
    just installed it on a heavily patched pre, followed the instructions to the letter, installed icq/msn/jabber

icq/msn working like a charm, but i still have the problem that i can't activate the textfields to input my jabber acc/pw, had the same issue with 1.2.3 on 1.3.1 gsm pre (german)

kudos for that awesome piece of software, hope the jabber issue is resolvable.
    Maybe this is a Problem on the o2/GSM Pre's? Dont even work on my doctored pre with 1.3.1 and 1.3.5 with the same problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by mumbassa View Post
    Maybe this is a Problem on the o2/GSM Pre's? Dont even work on my doctored pre with 1.3.1 and 1.3.5 with the same problem.
    that would suck, because jabber is my most used protocol for messaging, icq and msn both save your conversations, icq especially and in plain text... i don't like that

is jabber working on other gsm pres? or only on cdma pres?
    I followed your instructions to a T Greg, and installed only MSN Live. It worked perfect for me on 1.3.5. Thanks so much! You rock man! Signs on just fine, no endless spinning circle like others are reporting..
    Followed the instructions, installed everything, Live Messenger just spins, never signing in.

Uninstalled everything, restarted Luna, now Yahoo is no longer in the list of messaging services.

Looks like I'm doctoring again.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by CheshireFrog View Post
    Followed the instructions, installed everything, Live Messenger just spins, never signing in.

Uninstalled everything, restarted Luna, now Yahoo is no longer in the list of messaging services.

Looks like I'm doctoring again.
    the same happen to me yahoo dissapear trying to install msn live!
    I followed all the instructions and MSN Live shows my contacts but it keeps logging in forever. Also, gTalk no longer works. I hope it gets fixed soon
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    first of all, thanks greg for all your hard work, but i have also installed the live plugin, and shows some contacts, but not all and permanently says signing in.

also, is there a way to remove the aliases for the contacts, i preferred it when it shown the email addresses?
    I followed Greg's instructions exactly on my Pre with WebOS 1.3.5.1, installed using WebOS QuickInstall. I installed just the windows live plugin.

Everything seemed to install successfully, but when I go to the Add an Account list, Windows Live does not show up. I went back and tried installing All Plugins, but I still don't get any new options in the list...

I haven't tried installing messenger plugin on here since I last doctored the phone to 1.3.5
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I followed all the instructions and MSN Live shows my contacts but it keeps logging in forever. Also, gTalk no longer works. I hope it gets fixed soon
    I have this problem too. I installed "Live" only on 1.3.5.2.

So I uninstalled everything and then reinstalled all plugins/patches. At that point, "Live" didnt show at all. I uninstalled all again and at that point "Yahoo" disappeared but left "ICQ" I reinstalled all plugins and patches and "Live" only again but it won't show. "Yahoo" is back, along with "Gtalk"(and it works again) "AIM" and for some reason,"ICQ" is where "Live" should be even though it is uninstalled. I try to reinstall "Live" again and it won't show.

Just hoping I dont have to Dr it.

Also THANK YOU so much for the hard work on this Greg!