Page 82 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3272777879808182838485868792 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 2438
    Quote Originally Posted by bluediablito View Post
    hey greg_roll
    first thing first .............thank you for your hard work
    since the new update
    i have notice that 1.3.5.1 has made changes to the battery life allowing it to lass just a little but longer. now i was wondering will there be any major changes or any tweaks that will save the pre battery life as well ??????? or the battery life prob is only because of the phone bad battery management?
    He has to make it work first, then he can worry about battery life optimization.
  2.    #1622  
    OK after much testing, pulling out hair etc etc we are finally here.

Hopefully everything works nicely for you.

Check the next post for details and ensure you have a good read first as everything is different

Greg
  3.    #1623  
    Please read the below before installing...

A big thank you to everyone who has donated (some of you multiple times). I really appreciate it and it helps me out. (It went towards my GSM Pre )
    Thanks to everyone for their support personally and on the threads helping other people.

If you have found this plugin useful and you are able any donation would be appreciated. - https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?

cmd=_donations&business=2HZ7F8Z2EADSQ&lc=AU&item_name=Messaging%20Plugins&currency_code=AUD&bn=PP%2d DonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted

I get alot of emails, P.M's and questions on this thread if I have missed a request or question please ask or P.M again. Hopefully this time ill reply

PLEASE NOTE: There are reported issues with Gtalk with WebOS 1.3.5.x out of the box.
    See Re: Can't log in to Google Talk Acct (possible 1.3.5 bug?) - webOS Software - Palm Support Community
    Mine works fine but I know others who are having issues. Ill try and look into it!

PLEASE NOTE: If you have multiple plugins with the same login name you may not be able to log in to one or more plugins. I can't fix this as the code that handles this is in

Palm closed source code.

OK on to the good stuff.

PLEASE NOTE THIS HAS ONLY BE TESTED ON THE EMULATOR RUNNING WEBOS 1.3.5
    PLEASE NOTE THIS HAS ONLY BE TESTED ON THE PALM PRE RUNNING WEBOS 1.3.1
    PLEASE NOTE THIS HAS ONLY BE TESTED ON THE PALM PRE RUNNING WEBOS 1.3.5.1
    PLEASE NOTE THIS HAS ONLY BE TESTED ON THE PALM PRE RUNNING WEBOS 1.3.5.2

First logoff from the messaging application then REMOVE ANY OLD VERSION FIRST. (VERY IMPORTANT)

Ensure you have the latest version of WebOS Quick install.

Whats new in 2.0.0?
    ===================

Complete cleanup and slimline of code and plugin. Hopefully now more reliable and if anything goes wrong easier to reinstall/repair.

Fully supports WebOS 1.3.5

New IPKS. The plugin is now broken in to 2 main parts plus plugins packages.
    1. System Files Update (No need to be removed for each plugin update - Largest part)
    2. Main Patch (This will be removed and installed for new updates)
    3. One IPK file for each plugin (This is handy if a plugin fails to install, just reinstall the IPK)
    4. One IPK containing all plugins (if required and as above)

The IPKS now have dependancies. This is in preperation for Preware.
    No packages have reboots or restarts of luna. This is in preperation for Preware and adding a restart after each individual plugin would be very annoying!.

WebOS 1.3.5 Only (I think, didn't work on my 1.3.1 Pre but does on the 1.3.5 Emulator) - Alias's now work for messenger. The buddies email address is no longer shown. (Are there

any other plugins that need this fixed????)
    NOTE ON THE ABOVE - I somehow had duplicates of each contact stored in my database so alias's didnt work. What I had to do is add my messenger account, log out then delete every

messenger contact from my contacts. I then deleted my messenger account from the messaging application and re-added it. Then my aliases worked.

Login timeout has been set to 3 mintues. (This is helpful for people with large contact lists but this will also timeout after 3 minutes on bad connections)

WebOS 1.3.x ONLY - Logon/Logoff for individual accounts. To use this click Messaging Menu>Preferences. Then click on the account.

Sametime now logs on correctly.

Groupwise should now log on correctly. (Cross fingers)

Fixed an issue where if you had a jabber account configured you could not connect with gtalk.

"sip:" no longer appears in the contacts list for Office Communicator.
    conversations between Office Communicator IM's stays in the same window.

TLS fixed for Office Communicator (I hope)
    Added an option to disable the proxy for Office Communicator (WebOS 1.3.5+) only.

QQ may now work. (I was able to sign in, hopefully you can too)

Added new plugin XFire.

WebOS 1.3.5 Only - Contacts can now be deleted. Removing an account will remove all contacts.
    You can now also delete an individual contact if it has been removed from your IM contact list. (Contacts are always added by the closed source Palm code so I can't change this)
    Contacts will be able to be deleted after the 1st login. (A second login may be required) (Also close and re-open the contacts app for this to work.
    To use this click Messaging Menu>Preferences. Then click on the account and select R/W Contacts. (Ensure the contacts application is closed first and you are signed off)

If a contact cannot be deleted run the following command and try again.
    sh /media/crypto/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh /media/crypto/apps/ EnableContactsReadWrite live (or plugin name)

Files are no longer installed to the root file system. (Except System Update, these need to be on root or the WebOS wont boot) They are installed in /var in WebOS <= 1.3.1 and

/media/cryptofs/app in WebOS >= 1.3.5. Only 2.5 megs of space is used on the root file system now.

Checks for patching failures and notifies you of the error. (Allows you to find the corrupt file)

Pixi Support (Untested but should work)

Preware category is now set correctly. (Shows up in Plugins)

Moved the config files and certificate store for plugins so uninstalling the plugin/patch doesn't require you to re-enter details each time. Config is now stored in

/var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging/

Added new script /var/home/root/DebugMP.sh that will close and restart the LibpurpleAdapterExt service from a terminal window for debugging. (Must be logged out first!)

Uninstalling plugins should no longer break in built plugins loggin on.

Fixed Messaging Plugins (Blue Moon) icon in the launcher. It is now gone.

Installation Order (Very Important)
    ===================================

Extract downloaded zip file

*********** CLOSE EVERYTHING AND LOG OFF MESSAGING ***********

GNU Patch (Install from Preware or Index of /feeds/webos-internals in either armv7 (Pre), armv6 (Pixi) or i686 (Emulator) called

org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9.X_*.ipk
    org.webosinternals.messagingsysfiles_2.0.0_*.ipk - System Files (Luna may restart)

*********** RESTART PHONE ************* (Otherwise everything wont work)

org.webosinternals.messagingpatch_2.0.0_*.ipk - Main Patch
    org.webosinternals.messagingallplugins_2.0.0_*.ipk (Or Individual Plugin) - All Plugins or Individual Patches

*********** RESTART LUNA ( Orange, Sym + R ) ************* (Otherwise no plugins will be shown)

Download links
    ==============
    Palm Pre
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...0-Palm-Pre.zip

Palm Pixi
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...-Palm-Pixi.zip

Emulator
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//Me...0-Palm-SDK.zip
    Last edited by greg_roll; 01/20/2010 at 05:10 AM.
    thank you very much! i will try it in an hour or so.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    the zip-files cannot be downloaded..
  6.    #1626  
    Quote Originally Posted by brasax View Post
    the zip-files cannot be downloaded..
    Hi brasax,

Silly upload put +'s in the name! Weird!

Try again should be ok now

Sorry

Greg
    greg you are my hero

Thanks!
    Same Problem as on 1.3.1. The Jabber Plugin doesnt work because the Username/Password-fields are disabled
    Is this all completely uninstallable through either webOSQI or Preware? Is there a particular order that it should be uninstalled, or just basically take the directions in reverse, i.e. plugins, patch, sysfiles?
  10.    #1630  
    Quote Originally Posted by mumbassa View Post
    Same Problem as on 1.3.1. The Jabber Plugin doesnt work because the Username/Password-fields are disabled
    Hi mumbassa,

Uninstall the patch and then use webos QI to restore the original version of the below files from the webos doctor file...

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-constants.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/prefsSetupAccount/prefsSetupAccount-scene.html
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsAccountTypeList-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsSetupAccount-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/compose-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsAccountSummary-assistant.jsjsjs

Then install the patch again and try again.

I'd say another patch modified one of the above files which is causing issues

Time for bed...

Greg
  11.    #1631  
    Quote Originally Posted by intlbeans View Post
    Is this all completely uninstallable through either webOSQI or Preware? Is there a particular order that it should be uninstalled, or just basically take the directions in reverse, i.e. plugins, patch, sysfiles?
    Hi intlbeans,

Yes uninstall through WebOSQI and in the reverse. Sorry forgot to mention that!

The idea is when 2.0.1 comes out you just remove the patch and then install the new patch. Less to do each time.

Greg
  12.    #1632  
    For those of you who have the GTalk issue under WebOS 1.3.5.X I think I have a fix for it.

The issue will effect both stock WebOS and my plugins.

I am getting the patch tested and if it works I will release an update in the next 24 hours

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi mumbassa,

Uninstall the patch and then use webos QI to restore the original version of the below files from the webos doctor file...

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-constants.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/prefsSetupAccount/prefsSetupAccount-scene.html
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsAccountTypeList-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsSetupAccount-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/compose-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsAccountSummary-assistant.jsjsjs

Then install the patch again and try again.

I'd say another patch modified one of the above files which is causing issues

Time for bed...

Greg
    Before I installed the messaging plugins, i doctred my pre so the files are untouched. Anyone else with the same issue again?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Great job on the new installers. I am having trouble getting office communicator working. I get this error when trying to sign in.

Output of the plugin.
    Code:
    (07:05:44) prefs: /purple/status/scores/offline changed, scheduling save.
    (07:05:44) prefs: /purple/status/scores/available changed, scheduling save.
    (07:05:44) prefs: /purple/status/scores/invisible changed, scheduling save.
    (07:05:44) prefs: /purple/status/scores/away changed, scheduling save.
    (07:05:44) prefs: /purple/status/scores/extended_away changed, scheduling save.
    (07:05:44) prefs: /purple/status/scores/idle changed, scheduling save.
    (07:05:44) prefs: /purple/status/scores/offline_msg changed, scheduling save.
    (07:05:44) util: Reading file accounts.xml from directory /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging/libpurple
    (07:05:44) util: Reading file status.xml from directory /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging/libpurple
    (07:05:44) certificate: CertificateVerifier x509, singleuse requested but not found.
    (07:05:44) certificate: CertificateVerifier singleuse registered
    (07:05:44) certificate: CertificatePool x509, ca requested but not found.
    (07:05:44) certificate: CertificateScheme x509 requested but not found.
    (07:05:44) certificate/x509/ca: Lazy init failed because an X.509 Scheme is not yet registered. Maybe it will be better later.
    (07:05:44) certificate/x509/ca: Init failed, probably because a dependency is not yet registered. It has been deferred to later.
    (07:05:44) certificate: CertificatePool ca registered
    (07:05:44) certificate: CertificatePool x509, tls_peers requested but not found.
    (07:05:44) certificate: CertificatePool tls_peers registered
    (07:05:44) certificate: CertificateVerifier x509, tls_cached requested but not found.
    (07:05:44) certificate: CertificateVerifier tls_cached registered
    (07:05:44) prefs: /purple/logging/format changed, scheduling save.
    (07:05:44) prefs: /purple/logging/format changed, scheduling save.
    (07:05:44) prefs: /purple/proxy/type changed, scheduling save.
    (07:05:44) prefs: /purple/proxy/host changed, scheduling save.
    (07:05:44) prefs: /purple/proxy/port changed, scheduling save.
    (07:05:44) prefs: /purple/proxy/username changed, scheduling save.
    (07:05:44) prefs: /purple/proxy/password changed, scheduling save.
    (07:05:44) certificate: CertificateScheme x509 requested but not found.
    (07:05:44) certificate: CertificateScheme x509 registered
    (07:05:44) util: Reading file smileys.xml from directory /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging/libpurple
    (07:05:44) util: File /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging/libpurple/smileys.xml does not exist (this is not necessarily an error)
    (07:05:44) stun: using server
    (07:05:44) util: Reading file blist.xml from directory /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging/libpurple
    (07:05:44) util: File /var/preferences/org.webosinternals.messaging/libpurple/blist.xml does not exist (this is not necessarily an error)
    *** glibc detected *** /usr/bin/LibpurpleAdapterExt: malloc(): memory corruption: 0x0006ffe8 ***
    Aborted
    I am trying out the Office Communicator for the first time, and I know from past experience working with Pidgin to get my client connected to the server at my office that I had to change the client ID to this:
    UCCP/ OC/2.0.6362.0 (Microsoft Office Communicator)

With the plugin so far I can't sign in and I'm guessing it's the ID that's the problem, so I'm wondering, what is the client name being sent, and how can I change it, maybe via a quick Terminal settings hack?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi brasax,

Silly upload put +'s in the name! Weird!

Try again should be ok now

Sorry

Greg
    That was fast..

Many thanks!
    greg_roll YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!!

I have installed everything and it works AWEEEEEESOOOOOMMMMMME!!!!

BOOOOOOOM!!!

THIS IS GREAT, now I'm on MSN , ICQ , GTALK and so onnn....

and the GUI looks HOT !!!

THANKS FOR THE TROUBLE !!

None of this big companies like NIMBUZZ EBUDDY and and and did finished their "soon available" bullsh** ad... and even if they would release smth. they would offer it for 5 bucks upwards !!

I truly appreciate your work and the time you have spent doing this.

now my question is:

Is this update compatible with Os 1.4 which is coming in the next weeks??

Please get back at me

Best regards from Germany.

You've made my day!!!
    Last edited by ezza123; 01/20/2010 at 07:31 AM.
    works fine here. but i only installed icq
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    i've only installed msn and it does not work :|
    It remains in "signing in" for ever
    Quote Originally Posted by ezza123 View Post
    now my question is:

Is this update compatible with Os 1.4 which is coming in the next weeks??
    he can't know this, but most surely it is not. But don't be afraid, when 1.4 hits germany his patch will be likely be updated

€dit:
    Damn. I need to doctor my phone...jabber is not working >.<