Page 81 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3171767778798081828384858691 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 2438
    Thanks blatherdrift, your suggestion fixed my problem. :-) Here are the steps I did in order to be able to sign into GTalk, AIM and YMGR:

1. Turned off Palm Backup to erase my profile.
    2. Downloaded WebOS doctor for Sprint WebOS version 1.3.5.1 (Here is the link)
    Palm - webOS Doctor for Palm Pre for Sprint
    3. Doctored my phone back to 1.3.5.1.
    4. Signed into my "existing" Palm profile.

Hope this helps anyone else who might be having a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skribbles505 View Post
    Not as of yet , but Greg says it will be soon. Theres alot of hard work involved , so I'd keep your eye on the thread. Likely it will be in the next couple weeks.
    Not to far from a couple weeks OS 1.4 will be released which could cause more troubles.
    maybe the new version OS will give more messenger options
    Help a guy thats down and out on his luck..
    Loving Greg's work, can't wait for the update as although I'm not a heavy user its still missed.

Also loving the call to O2 a few posts back, why phone O2 about this?!

1st rule of tech support, if the answer's not on Google there is no answer. 2nd rule of tech support, if the answer's not on Google there is no answer.
  4.    #1604  
    Hi guys,

I know I keep saying it but its very close. We stumbled across a few issues. Just seeing if they are plugin or phone related.

I really want to get this as good as I can so when WebOS 1.4 comes along it should hopefully be an easy update!

Speak very soon,
    Greg
  5.    #1605  
    Quote Originally Posted by dray_jr View Post
    greg i was wondering if after u get the version of this plugin working if you would not mind maybe throwing in xfire if i could give you a huge jump start on finding most of the info. i have been reading and reading on the pre but by the time i get to the skill to do this it will be to late. you dont have to but it would def be nice. check out this web site (Gfire | Advanced open-source Xfire plugin for Pidgin) it is a xfire plugin for a messenger program called pidgin(Pidgin, the universal chat client) which is based off the same libpurple as the webso. this info might even help you out abit on adding more to her patch. anyways hope this info is some what helpfull. Thanks
    Hi dray_jr,

I have added Gfire | Advanced open-source Xfire plugin for Pidgin to my to-do list. It wont be in version 2.0.0 but maybe shortly after

Greg
  6.    #1606  
    Hi veedub65 and treorock,

Good to hear from you again Thanks for you comments.

Closed beta at this moment works well for me. I have enough trouble finding time to respond as it is. Busy busy busy.

Believe me I want to get this out ASAP. But my first stab at version 2.0.0 to support webos 1.3.5 stopped the Pre booting so I wouldnt want to wish that apon you all

Speak soon,
    Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi dray_jr,

I have added Gfire | Advanced open-source Xfire plugin for Pidgin to my to-do list. It wont be in version 2.0.0 but maybe shortly after

Greg
    honestly on your todo list is good enough for me bro. just glad someone is willing to try it. but can't wait till u release this plugin bro its gunna make alot of people happy
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kedevore View Post
    Thanks blatherdrift, your suggestion fixed my problem. :-) Here are the steps I did in order to be able to sign into GTalk, AIM and YMGR:

this worked for me thank you very much.....
    yaaay.

Glad it helped.

btw if anyone wants a good transport for the jabber try meta.net.nz. it's the best transport ever. AIM and msn work great. AIM flawlessly.
  10.    #1610  
    Hi guys,

Well during testing 4 major issues were found...

1st was luna would freeze during restart. This obviously was bad and has been fixed.

I've been struggling with the remaining 3. Endless Signing In, Contacts which come and go and sing in/sign out loop. Obviously all bad!

I think i've finally discovered the reason this is occuring and I just need to fix up some code. Bare with me it will still be a few days

In the end I hope I have a quality product for you all.

I would just like to send a big help to Adam (You know who you are!) for all your help

Greg
    Yeehaw

I don't know if that has been already posted, in the current Version ( WebOS 1.3.1, latest Version of Messaging Plugins ) the Contact List disappears sometimes without reason, signing out and in again "solves" that. This does not seem to have any effect on the real state of libpurpleadapter, as online/offline contacts are shown IMO correctly in the addressbook.

rob
    upgraded to 1.3.5.2, i have "Message Plugins" in my launcher. because its not working i want to delete it, but if i do this with red button + tap and delete it keeps coming back. how can i get rid of this?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Just use the WebOSQuickInstall to remove it.
    Worked well for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi guys,

Well during testing 4 major issues were found...

1st was luna would freeze during restart. This obviously was bad and has been fixed.

I've been struggling with the remaining 3. Endless Signing In, Contacts which come and go and sing in/sign out loop. Obviously all bad!

I think i've finally discovered the reason this is occuring and I just need to fix up some code. Bare with me it will still be a few days

In the end I hope I have a quality product for you all.

I would just like to send a big help to Adam (You know who you are!) for all your help

Greg
    Thank you so much for all the trouble you are going through.

Because of people like you I still belive in mankind.

Imagina que no hay países no es difícil de hacer nadie por quien matar o morir ni tampoco religión.

La gente dice que estoy loco al hacer lo que hago.
    Bien, me han dado toda clase de advertencias para salvarme de la ruina.
    Cuando digo que me encuentro bien ellos me miran un poco raro.
    Yes, THANK YOU!

*BUMP*
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kedevore View Post

Yahoo is working afterwards without the plugin?
    Quote Originally Posted by brasax View Post
    Yahoo is working afterwards without the plugin?
    Yes Palm enabled yahoo messenger a few updates back.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I was asking, because as far as I know it was not working. It was never working on my Pre with 1.3.1 (Sprint). After that I changed to the GSM-Version (1.3.1, I´m from Germany) and there it was not delivered. But the plugin was working well..

Actually in the 1.3.5.2 update, Yahoo was in there, but not working, because I had in 1.3.1 the plugin installed. So I have to check, if Palm enabled the Yahoo messenger in 1.3.5.2 and then I will doctor the Pre..

Anyway, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by brasax View Post
    I was asking, because as far as I know it was not working. It was never working on my Pre with 1.3.1 (Sprint). After that I changed to the GSM-Version (1.3.1, I´m from Germany) and there it was not delivered. But the plugin was working well..

Actually in the 1.3.5.2 update, Yahoo was in there, but not working, because I had in 1.3.1 the plugin installed. So I have to check, if Palm enabled the Yahoo messenger in 1.3.5.2 and then I will doctor the Pre..

Anyway, thanks!
    There's only AIM and Gtalk in 1.3.5.2. I'm waiting for MSN support but it seems very far from happening. Our only hope is greg.

No chance of uploading the current plugin to webos internals beta testing feed greg?
    hey greg_roll
    first thing first .............thank you for your hard work
    since the new update
    i have notice that 1.3.5.1 has made changes to the battery life allowing it to lass just a little but longer. now i was wondering will there be any major changes or any tweaks that will save the pre battery life as well ??????? or the battery life prob is only because of the phone bad battery management?