Page 80 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3070757677787980818283848590 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 2438
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    In the previous MSN was about the most stable of them.

However, I only needed MSN so I didn't really get a chance to test some of the others.

It wasn't perfect but I had not general issues with it.

So you will be happy when he does release it!

Rob
    Sounds great! I use only msn so that's all I need. Also I know it's running on a phone so I wouldn't expect it to have all the same functionality as I get on my computer. It sounds like he has gone above and beyond. Looking forward to it. I assume there will be a post on this thread when it is ready, so I will just keep checking this
    while I wait, I installed psi (a jabber client) and enabled a transport service to connect msn and aim to gtalk

its working great.

google it.
    sounds interesting blatherdrift. I found it, but how do I install it on the Pre?
    You don't install it on the pre. You set it up with psi. The Jabber client connects to a bot service. It adds a thing like msn@yourproxy.com to your friends list and then all your contacts get added to your gtalk account but with @msn.yourproxy.com after their username.

The transport service stays connected remotely. To turn it off you just block/delete your accounts that do the transproting. Like, for example msn@yourproxy.com. That's to control each protocol individually. Otherwise, you can just unregister it when Greg gets 2.0 out.

http://www.bigblueball.com/forums/ge...msn-yahoo.html

It works really well and is pretty easy to setup. =) The only thing you have to do is find your own transport server for jabber. I found one that worked for me after a few google searches. GOodluck to you, man. =P

Personally, I might keep the AIM one going and forget the protocol all together. I read that there is an over buffer bug that drains the battery quite a bit. Perhaps this will solve that. Here's hoping.
    Last edited by blatherdrift; 01/14/2010 at 11:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blatherdrift View Post
    You don't install it on the pre. You set it up with psi. The Jabber client connects to a bot service. It adds a thing like msn@yourproxy.com to your friends list and then all your contacts get added to your gtalk account but with @msn.yourproxy.com after their username.

The transport service stays connected remotely. To turn it off you just block/delete your accounts that do the transproting. Like, for example msn@yourproxy.com. That's to control each protocol individually. Otherwise, you can just unregister it when Greg gets 2.0 out.

Connect Google Talk to AIM, MSN, & Yahoo

It works really well and is pretty easy to setup. =) The only thing you have to do is find your own transport server for jabber. I found one that worked for me after a few google searches. GOodluck to you, man. =P

Personally, I might keep the AIM one going and forget the protocol all together. I read that there is an over buffer bug that drains the battery quite a bit. Perhaps this will solve that. Here's hoping.
    Tried this, and psi wont get my contacts, just continually disconnects from the msn transport and reconnects, over and over. Tried a few different msn transports with the same result.
    You found the problem with Jabber Transport. I also used them some time, but most of them are unstable.
    find a diff server.
    Quote Originally Posted by blatherdrift View Post
    You don't install it on the pre. You set it up with psi. The Jabber client connects to a bot service. It adds a thing like to your friends list and then all your contacts get added to your gtalk account but with @msn.yourproxy.com after their username.

The transport service stays connected remotely. To turn it off you just block/delete your accounts that do the transproting. Like, for example . That's to control each protocol individually. Otherwise, you can just unregister it when Greg gets 2.0 out.

[url]

that don't work i've been trying to do that a million of times, also I have thread about that. The problem is with gtalk since 6 months ago they blocked this system transporter!
    so you can't transport any contact of any I'm service to work with gtalk service!!!

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/208168-trying-connect-google-talk-msn-yahoo-messenger.html

pd: Also he posted that thready about 4 years ago!
    Last edited by SISGO; 01/14/2010 at 08:22 PM.
    this might work since yahoo is included with the pre.

IM with friends on other networks
    IM with friends on other networks - Yahoo! Messenger
    Help a guy thats down and out on his luck..
    that post had Pre typing written all over it... ;-)
    Greg man, you rule. We should start a Thread of Fame and honor you profusely!
    Hi, everybody.
    I tried to install it to my GSM Pre, but unsuccessful and now I can't deinstall it! How can I do it? I read I need WebOSDoctor, but please explain, are WebOSDoctor and Reset different things? Reset will not help?
    Quote Originally Posted by upperking View Post
    this might work since yahoo is included with the pre.

IM with friends on other networks
    IM with friends on other networks - Yahoo! Messenger
    I just tried this and it doesn't work on the Pre. It does seem to work on the PC yahoo software.
    Ok so I've probably done something wrong here...
    I've been using this plug in for some time now mainly for MSN and had some decent luck with it.
    My problems started when OS 1.3.5.2 came out for GSM Pre. I uninstalled a theme I had on there but forgot about this plug in and proceeded to update my OS.
    Ever since, I have been unable to sign into Google talk. I have WebOS Doc my phone twice and done a partial wipe aswell, all to no avail.

If I have WO Doc'd my phone, this plugin should be completely removed shouldn't it? And therefore should sign in fine? I'm slightly confused and was wondering whether anyone here would have any tips?

Cheers
    Ste
    Spcurtis81, I believe that there is a flaw in Palm's Messaging application for WebOS with versions 1.3.5.1 & 1.3.5.2. I asked the question on page 80 and no one responded, so I would like to ask it again....

From reading this thread (and other posts) it appears that A LOT of other people, like me, are not able to access GTalk, AIM or YMGR and haven't been able to since 1.3.5 came out. Now, this is in no offense or reflection to what Greg is doing because I do know that he is adding more functionality with his plugin. But is Palm aware of the accessiblity problem with "their" messenger application on "their" webOS and are "they" planning on fixing it?
    I'm on the phone to O2 as I type and they are unaware at the moment. I'm hold while they speak to their data team. Will update when/if I get anywhere

EDIT: P.S. I too appreciate the work Greg is doing. It gave me the IM messenging app I had hoped to get when unboxing. I was at first somewhat dissappointed but this plugin is much appreciated.
    Last edited by spcurtis81; 01/15/2010 at 07:10 AM. Reason: See EDIT
    Well that wasn't great. O2 aren't aware of any problems.
    The things they suggested,I've already tried (i.e. re-add the account, partial erase).
    As far as they are concerned, it's not a hardware issue and therefore it is an error with google themselves and as they are 3rd part I have to contact google directly.

That isnt a problem with WebOS. Greg changed settings in the plugin that are corrupt and get carried over through your backup.

You need to delete all your IM accounts, delete your old backup and make a new one after you doctor your phone and set your thing back up from scratch.

=\
    Yep Blatherdrift is right I had the same issue and the palm profile backup keeps copying the corrupted files down to the device. Just remember until Greg releases the 2.0 version you wont want to install the plugins. Dont worry about deleting the individual accounts, just turn off backups on the phone then doctor it. When it comes back up all the accounts will be gone and you will have to enter them again (you will still use the same palm profile info you have been when activating the phone). After doctoring the phone the backups will be on by default again also so it will be backing up the uncorrupted settings an all will be well again.
    is there a release date for the new version that works on 1.3.5.x?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel0ne View Post
    is there a release date for the new version that works on 1.3.5.x?
    Not as of yet , but Greg says it will be soon. Theres alot of hard work involved , so I'd keep your eye on the thread. Likely it will be in the next couple weeks.