Page 79 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2969747576777879808182838489 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 2438
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Yep, just waiting patiently
    Just a short question greg, will there be support for WebOS 1.3.5.2 EU GSM?
    We're still missing even YahooIM here in EU-Land
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbluepre View Post
    Yep, just waiting patiently
    Same here

I will not try to get Jabber working, since 2.0.0 is on it's way. Hopefully, it will support 1.3.5.2 EU GSM.
  4.    #1564  
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Just a short question greg, will there be support for WebOS 1.3.5.2 EU GSM?
    We're still missing even YahooIM here in EU-Land
    Hi gizmo21,

Yep! I am testing it on my 1.3.5.2 GSM now

Thanks,
    Greg
  5. cvp
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi gizmo21,

Yep! I am testing it on my 1.3.5.2 GSM now

Thanks,
    Greg
    Sounds very good
    I'm totally impatient
    i cant wait, there is no working version for 1.5.3 right now, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel0ne View Post
    i cant wait, there is no working version for 1.5.3 right now, right?
    for 1.5.3 no yet lol..... But for 1.3.5.2 is almost ready
    yes, i meant 1.3.5.whatever

im waiting so much for my icq back on the pre
    Does this add all your live contacts to your phone contacts? Cause if so i'm not sure I want to use it. :P I have over 150 contacts and tbh I only know maybe 15 in person.

Anyways hopefully the new version comes out soon!

-Toaster
    There is a simple solution if you don't want to use it.... don't add the account

@Greg: I know that it's hard and everyone is waiting for you and that you want to test it, but what about a "open beta"? I've got some annoying WLAN bugs in 1.3.1 but the missing Messaging Plugins keep me from updating.

Thanks anyway for your great work.
    Quote Originally Posted by damnregister View Post
    There is a simple solution if you don't want to use it.... don't add the account

@Greg: I know that it's hard and everyone is waiting for you and that you want to test it, but what about a "open beta"? I've got some annoying WLAN bugs in 1.3.1 but the missing Messaging Plugins keep me from updating.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by damnregister View Post

Open Beta for this plugin at this point is a bad idea. It means Greg is going to have to give support to those people beta testing. It's not until he thinks that it is working with no problems that a beta can be opened. Also, are you willing to doctor your phone if the plugin fails? Let's just stay calm and wait.
    The Pre needs 24/7 doctoring to be usable, but you are right about people complaining and killing Greg's nerves.
    I vote for Greg keeping the beta testing to a limited amount of people, I for one have not asked to be part of that even though I think I would be helpful.

I just don't want to add to the mix, he has enough to do and enough people to listen to.

Keep it simple is the best rule to follow!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

agreed.. I have not used this IM add on yet, because I just got my Pre =)... but it sounds like it runs MSN very well? and I'm very excited for this update to come out.. but definitely take the time to make it the best it can be!
    What i think is the plug in is coming after the palm update!
    Earlier in the process, when it only added a couple of plugins, I was one of the people beta testing for Greg. I've since lost my usefulness as a beta tester because I depend largely on Yahoo, which is no longer a big issue.

Having helped test past versions, I have to say that keeping the beta closed is a VERY smart move on Greg's part.

This isn't like your average patch, which even I have managed to write a couple of. It's also not like your run of the mill app.

This modifies and replaces core elements of the messaging program, which is heavily tied into webos, and I can tell you from first hand experience that a couple of the early version that were not released to the public caused some problems, but through some patient testing and trouble shooting, Greg has done a fantastic job of keeping anything that could be harmful out of the general public's hands.

In other words, Greg knows what is safe to go public with, and what needs to be kept closed. He's a better programmer than me by far, and probably better than most of you since you're not writing the app. Trust his judgement.

On a related note, just remember to be patient. As I said, this app/patch/plugin makes some really serious changes under the hood of the messaging app, and with the speed WebOS has been updated, I'm sure it's a nightmare just trying to keep up.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA7X View Post
    agreed.. I have not used this IM add on yet, because I just got my Pre =)... but it sounds like it runs MSN very well? and I'm very excited for this update to come out.. but definitely take the time to make it the best it can be!
    In the previous MSN was about the most stable of them.

However, I only needed MSN so I didn't really get a chance to test some of the others.

It wasn't perfect but I had not general issues with it.

So you will be happy when he does release it!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I would like to ask something... From reading this thread (and other posts) it appears that A LOT of other people, like me, are not able to access GTalk, AIM or YMGR and haven't been able to since 1.3.5 came out. Now, this is in no offense to what Greg is doing because I do know that he is adding more functionality with his plugin, but is Palm aware of the accessiblity problem with "their" messenger function on "their" webOS and are "they" planning on fixing it?
    greg i was wondering if after u get the version of this plugin working if you would not mind maybe throwing in xfire if i could give you a huge jump start on finding most of the info. i have been reading and reading on the pre but by the time i get to the skill to do this it will be to late. you dont have to but it would def be nice. check out this web site (Gfire | Advanced open-source Xfire plugin for Pidgin) it is a xfire plugin for a messenger program called pidgin(Pidgin, the universal chat client) which is based off the same libpurple as the webso. this info might even help you out abit on adding more to her patch. anyways hope this info is some what helpfull. Thanks