Page 78 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2868737475767778798081828388 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 2438
  1.    #1541  
    Hi guys,

I've had a good afternoon of testing.

I've even fixed some other things such as:

Fixed Messaging Plugins (Blue Moon) icon in the launcher. It is now gone.
    Groupwise should now log on correctly. (Cross fingers)
    Alias's now work for messenger. The buddies email address is no longer shown.

I just need to do some testing on my phone and then we may be good to go

As for WebOS 1.4 hopefully this will support it. (Every update so far the major different has been a few style sheets which only creates one display issue but nothing major. Its easy to fix)

The reason this update has taken so long is because I seperated everything, added new features and had to support 1.3.5 (the new install location). The updates for 1.4 should hopefully be minor

As for Preware this is preparing for it. I still have quiet a bit of work before it can appear. As its a webosinternals package I must document how to build everything and have one of the guys follow the steps to ensure they can build it to. That way if I went away everything to continue.

Speak very soon,
    Greg
    I was right, I had told a friend that it would be another week. And it looks like you are about to keep that time frame.

This is just my opinion, but that's what I'm betting it will be.

If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, no matter.

Rob

Thanks Greg, for all your hard work, would rather you take longer and get a better experience out to us, than to rush and end up with a ton of support requests.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

im really looking forward to the new version with the plugin system...
    also the step to make it opensource and a webosinternals package is great!! thank you very much!
    I haven't been on MSN Messenger for a 2 weeks now... I wonder what my buddies think of me..
    Quote Originally Posted by p-casso View Post
    Hey all,

I've been following this thread a while and first of all I want to thank Greg for his work. I really appreciate it!

I have an issue I could not find in this thread although I have to admit I didn't read the whole ~70 pages:

For IM I'm on ICQ and Jabber. ICQ is working fine but when I try to add a Jabber-Account it won't let me put in my username and password. The dialog appears but the input-fields seem to be disabled. I tap on it but the cursor doesn't appear.

I installed via WebOS Quick Install on a WebOS 1.3.1 which gave me no error.

Does anybody have this issue, too?

My appologies, if this was discussed in the previous 70 pages and I missed it.

Thanks
    Sandro
    Yep, same problem here :/

Anyone else?
    thanks Greg.

We all waiting for the nice update you have there!
    I got the same problem as p-casso and mumbassa. I tried to uninstall the Jabber Plugin via Terminal and it said succesful. But when I tried to reinstall the Plugin it said it would be already installed. I can't understand what this means.

Update: I've just seen, that the fields seem to be disabled on Office Communicator, Sametime and Novell Groupwise too.
    Last edited by Ankhtahr; 01/10/2010 at 11:13 AM.
  8.    #1548  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ankhtahr View Post
    I got the same problem as p-casso and mumbassa. I tried to uninstall the Jabber Plugin via Terminal and it said succesful. But when I tried to reinstall the Plugin it said it would be already installed. I can't understand what this means.

Update: I've just seen, that the fields seem to be disabled on Office Communicator, Sametime and Novell Groupwise too.
    Hey guys,

Sorry for the slow reply been working on 2.0.0.

Looks like a patch is failing on one of the files. Most likely due to another messaging patch. (Version 2.0.0 will tell you what fails)

UPDATE: remove messaging plugins if its installed, then...

Easiest way is to use the WebOS repair tool or extract the files from the WebOSDoctor.jar and copy them to your Pre. You can use WebOS Quick install to copy files.

The files that you need to restore are...

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-constants.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/prefsSetupAccount/prefsSetupAccount-scene.html
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsAccountTypeList-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsSetupAccount-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/compose-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/$SUBVER/stylesheets/global-iconography.css
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/$SUBVER/stylesheets/global-widget-addressing.css

Hope this helps!
    Greg
    Last edited by greg_roll; 01/11/2010 at 03:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hey guys,

Sorry for the slow reply been working on 2.0.0.

Looks like a patch is failing on one of the files. Most likely due to another messaging patch. (Version 2.0.0 will tell you what fails)

UPDATE: remove messaging plugins if its installed, then...

Easiest way is to use the WebOS repair tool or extract the files from the WebOSDoctor.jar and copy them to your Pre. You can use WebOS Quick install to copy files.

The files that you need to restore are...

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-constants.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/prefsSetupAccount/prefsSetupAccount-scene.html
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsAccountTypeList-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsSetupAccount-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/compose-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/$SUBVER/stylesheets/global-iconography.css
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/$SUBVER/stylesheets/global-widget-addressing.css

Hope this helps!
    Greg
    Hello Greg

I have the same problem as p-casso and mumbassa, and I see following error while "RemovePlugin Jabber"

com.palm.oasis.activerecord.ActiveRecordException PRIMARY KEY must be unique : executing : DELETE FROM com_palm_accounts_AccountTypeService WHERE com_palm_accounts_AccountType_id='1099511627805'

Last 2 lines tell :
    Removal of Jabber Plugin (Part1) appears successfull. No need to try again
    Jabber Plugin uninstalled.

But, I can see the Jabber Button in the messaging app.

As this is deleting things in a sqllite file, I doubt reinstalling the above file will help me.

Thanks in advance
    Thanks Greg!

But still not work :\

Even on a fresh 1.3.1 install, the jabberplugin doesnt work. The username/password fields are disabled

what i've tried:

install webos 1.3.1
    then the messaging patch from your first post
    then the messaging plugin
    After I Doctored my Pre I was going to install the Messaging plugin again, but I'm waiting for Greg to finish his update. I would recommend everybody to wait until Greg finishes his update and let him concentrate on that.
    it's just a matter of time
    just hang in there like the rest off us and I bet that this new plugin will be the best of them all.
    I use mundu Im.... So far helps to keep in touch!! While I wait for the new plug in!!! By the way greg you are great !!! Thnx for putting your effort in the plug ins!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bluediablito View Post
    it's just a matter of time
    just hang in there like the rest off us and i bet that this new plugin will be the best of them all.
    +111111111111111
    Question??? The files that Greg says to restore... How do I do that? I can't find a WebOS Repair Utility for 1.3.5.1. Is there another way to restore them?
    for some reason the plugin thats on the 1st page its not workin for my pre, anybody knows wats happening?, is it because if the new update?
    i cant downloaded is there a problem with the plugin....
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Reading is fundamental.
    Its not updated yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!