Page 77 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2767727374757677787980818287 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 2438
    Greg, thanks for your work, I can't wait to test 2.0, I really need QQ.
    Hey all,

I've been following this thread a while and first of all I want to thank Greg for his work. I really appreciate it!

I have an issue I could not find in this thread although I have to admit I didn't read the whole ~70 pages:

For IM I'm on ICQ and Jabber. ICQ is working fine but when I try to add a Jabber-Account it won't let me put in my username and password. The dialog appears but the input-fields seem to be disabled. I tap on it but the cursor doesn't appear.

I installed via WebOS Quick Install on a WebOS 1.3.1 which gave me no error.

Does anybody have this issue, too?

My appologies, if this was discussed in the previous 70 pages and I missed it.

Thanks
    Sandro
    im a bit baffled. it says on the frst page that you can use faceook chat but it don't seem to have a option for me to login to facebbok chat. am i missing anyting here?
    Quote Originally Posted by nihatc View Post
    im a bit baffled. it says on the frst page that you can use faceook chat but it don't seem to have a option for me to login to facebbok chat. am i missing anyting here?
    I had the same on my Pre and had to enable Facebook manually. Try this:

a) Log into your phone via novaterm
    b) Enter
    sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh InstallPlugin Facebook

hth
    Sandro
    Quote Originally Posted by p-casso View Post
    I had the same on my Pre and had to enable Facebook manually. Try this:

a) Log into your phone via novaterm
    b) Enter
    sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh InstallPlugin Facebook

hth
    Sandro
    thanks what your saying might be right but i am not a developer. is their an easier way of doing it?
  6.    #1526  
    Quote Originally Posted by pitcherj View Post
    Is there an ETA on a GroupWise Messenger plugin?
    Hi pitcherj,

Does it not work?

WHat problems do you have?

Thanks,
    Greg
  7.    #1527  
    thanks what your saying might be right but i am not a developer. is their an easier way of doing it?
    Hi nihatc,

Facebook chat doesn't work thats why its not installed by default.

I left it there just because all the coding was there and I was hoping the developer would help me get it to work. But no luck there

Greg
  8.    #1528  
    Quote Originally Posted by nightfell View Post
    Does the IRC plugin support SSL?
    Hi nightfell,

I really don't know. Worth a try

I highly recommend the wIRC by the guys over at webos internals. It is an IRC client and has lots of features. This plugin is very basic in this form.

Greg
    great news! thank u man! hope to see v2.0 soon!
    If you have WebOS Quick Installer (use 2.96) go to tools then down to command line and enter the command below:

Like Greg mentioned though he left the code but it is not functional currently, so this is mostly just FYI on how to enter commands.
    Last edited by Skribbles505; 01/06/2010 at 08:20 AM.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Greg,

I have the plugin packages installed, however all I see on the home screen is an icon labeled "Messaging Plugins" with a circular moon icon.

Clicking on the icon does nothing but highlight it for a short period of time.

If I go to the messaging application, Preferences & Accounts, and click "Add An Account", all I see there is Google Talk and AIM.

When I attempt to install a plugin, I get an error that the shell script does not exist:

"/var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh: not found"

Jacob
    i tried looking for quick install 2.96 but cant seem to find it has anyone got 2.96. if yes could you post it on here pls. thanks
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    i tried looking for quick install 2.96 but cant seem to find it has anyone got 2.96. if yes could you post it on here pls. thanks
    nihatc,

It's available here:

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-v2-96-a.html

Click the "Download Here" link.

Jacob
    Greg,

I have the plugin packages installed, however all I see on the home screen is an icon labeled "Messaging Plugins" with a circular moon icon.

Clicking on the icon does nothing but highlight it for a short period of time.

If I go to the messaging application, Preferences & Accounts, and click "Add An Account", all I see there is Google Talk and AIM.

When I attempt to install a plugin, I get an error that the shell script does not exist:

"/var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh: not found"

Jacob
    I think your going to have to wait for the updated version Greg is working on since the 1.3.5 update changed some things.
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Is there an ETA on a GroupWise Messenger plugin?
    Hi pitcherj,

Does it not work?

WHat problems do you have?

Thanks,
    Greg
    I don"t know about pitcherj but I cant get it to connect like it doesn't like the name or password but I can login fine with novell's client and with pidgin.
    This will be a great add-on for this phone. i was very upset to see that they did not build in MSN into the phone when i did get it. i wish you luck on the updates and can't wait for you to get it working. Good Luck greg
    Since it seems Palm did not announce anything about IM stuff in CES, I hope Greg can come out with something soon. My friend that I was talking to via MS Messenger was asking me when we'd get back online together.

I told him to wait, that Greg was working hard on getting it out there.

But I am wondering one thing, with all the announcements today, was there anything that was talked about that would make getting IM stuff work better?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Can't wait much longer... Need my MSN! Thanks for all the hard work Greg! Looking forward to your update.

Also, how will 2.0.0 work when WebOS 1.4 is released in Feb? Will we have to wait for you to update it again?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    aryckb,

There is really no way to tell whether an update is going to interfere with the operation of a homebrew application until it is released.
    is this update preparing the app for preware......will it be availabe via preware or will it be the nex update?
    and for any one who is following the news....is 1.4.0 available for all pre and pix or only for verizon...bc I was unable to find were it say for all palm phone........