Page 73 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2363686970717273747576777883 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 2438
    Greg or anyone else that's figured this out perhaps,

How do you install just one plugin instead of the whole package? I'm using the command:

sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh InstallPlugin Novell Groupwise

but I get this error:

sh: can't open /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh

any clues?
    Help please Im new to this! Where do I put the installer links. Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny5363 View Post
    Help please Im new to this! Where do I put the installer links. Thank you!
    Start reading at page 1, and it will all come to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Any way I can help to debug this issue? It would be excellent if I could connect to Office Communicator on the Pre!!

Or, maybe I'm just doing something wrong
    Sorry, done, I missed the part about the certificates on the first post. Silly me!

Thanks!!!
    just a quick question......................... prob some one figure this out.how can i change the messenger alert only to vibration instead of playing the alert sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluediablito View Post
    just a quick question......................... prob some one figure this out.how can i change the messenger alert only to vibration instead of playing the alert sound.
    in your Messaging app's Preferences & Accounts?
    you can set the sound to system alert and set your ringtone to vibrate on 'ringer witch off'
    Some weeks ago, I installed the messaging plugin and it worked perfectly for me. Now, from one day to another, I have the following problem:
    When I open a conversation (in a new card [patched]), there will just be a white screen. Until yesterday everything worked fine for me.
    So, I have two questions:
    1. Is this a problem of the messaging plugin?
    2. When I remove the messaging plugin, will i loose all my conversation data, I had through ICQ?

Thank you very much,
    John
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am one that cannot use the msn in pre.

My problem is the pre restart before I install the program on WebOS Quick Install.(resoure busy on the computer)

After install program. I have install patch.

Then I login. But it is connection fail.

What is the problem??
    are there any plans on a new version ???????
    what are the next improvements?
  10.    #1450  
    Hi guys,

Sorry i've been a little quiet recently. Life has been very busy and so has work! On top of that it's Christmas

So far i've pulled apart the one big package and broke it up into:

• System Files Update (Only needed to be installed once)
    • Patch (Remove and Installed Each Update, much much smaller)
    • One IPK for each plugin (Should only need to be installed once and when a plugin gets updated)

Should help for a more reliable install. I have packaged this but not tested.

Office Communicator will no longer show sip: in the names and have a single conversation instead of two for IM's.

Sametime should now work better too.

As for QQ i'm still waiting for some help from the developer around logging on. QQ expects a "capcha" to be answered but I can't handle that.

I have figure out how to make IM contacts not read only in the contacts App. Unfortunently when you delete them they come back next login lol. I'm still working this one out.

Last night I did manage to get MSN names to appear in the IM buddies list instead of the email. Unfortunently nothing worked then . Ill keep at it.

Hopefully i'll find some time soon and package up what I have. The sooner I do the more prepared for WebOS 1.3.5 I will be.

On that note I hope you have a great Holiday and Christmas. If I don't appear before then have a great new year too!

Speak soon,
    Greg
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Happy Christmas Greg, hope it was good for you.

I've recently installed, "org.webosinternals.messaging_1.2.3_armv7.ipk" and "org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9-3_armv7.ipk". The phone rebooted and when I go into my messaging app there is now the options to add Live messenger account etc (with no icons next to them). When I add my account and sign in, the wee circle just keeps spinning as it tries to sign in and continues to do so - but never actually finishes. Yahoo is the only account with an icon next to it, however, it doesn't work either.

I was wondering if you knew what the problem was?

Got Preware and Package Manager installed. Is the IPKG service Package Manager?

Thanks for your help in advance.
    Last edited by Jaimel0l; 12/25/2009 at 07:06 PM.
    Hi, i install via WebOS quick install the following programs

org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9-3_armv7.ipk
    org.webosinternals.messaging_1.2.3_armv7.ipk

both at the same time, when i check my messaging accounts i found all the new services, but not the only one i care, MSN LIVE MESSENGER is not there, why??? do i made a mistake? how can i solve this problem? i want to use the live messenger, thanks for ur time!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ivanart View Post
    Hi, i install via WebOS quick install the following programs

org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9-3_armv7.ipk
    org.webosinternals.messaging_1.2.3_armv7.ipk

both at the same time, when i check my messaging accounts i found all the new services, but not the only one i care, MSN LIVE MESSENGER is not there, why??? do i made a mistake? how can i solve this problem? i want to use the live messenger, thanks for ur time!!!
    you need to run the command line in webos quick install and copy this command sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh InstallPlugin Live...... And you will see the msn live!
    When i uninstall the messaging plugin, will i loose my icq-conversations?
    Quote Originally Posted by john-vogel View Post
    When i uninstall the messaging plugin, will i loose my icq-conversations?
    yes!
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I've recently installed, "org.webosinternals.messaging_1.2.3_armv7.ipk" and "org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9-3_armv7.ipk". The phone rebooted and when I go into my messaging app there is now the options to add Live messenger account etc (with no icons next to them). When I add my account and sign in, the wee circle just keeps spinning as it tries to sign in and continues to do so - but never actually finishes. Yahoo is the only account with an icon next to it, however, it doesn't work either.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Got Preware and Package Manager installed. Is the IPKG service Package Manager?
    Same here
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi guys,

Sorry i've been a little quiet recently. Life has been very busy and so has work! On top of that it's Christmas

So far i've pulled apart the one big package and broke it up into:

• System Files Update (Only needed to be installed once)
    • Patch (Remove and Installed Each Update, much much smaller)
    • One IPK for each plugin (Should only need to be installed once and when a plugin gets updated)

Should help for a more reliable install. I have packaged this but not tested.

Office Communicator will no longer show sip: in the names and have a single conversation instead of two for IM's.

Sametime should now work better too.

As for QQ i'm still waiting for some help from the developer around logging on. QQ expects a "capcha" to be answered but I can't handle that.

I have figure out how to make IM contacts not read only in the contacts App. Unfortunently when you delete them they come back next login lol. I'm still working this one out.

Last night I did manage to get MSN names to appear in the IM buddies list instead of the email. Unfortunently nothing worked then . Ill keep at it.

Hopefully i'll find some time soon and package up what I have. The sooner I do the more prepared for WebOS 1.3.5 I will be.

On that note I hope you have a great Holiday and Christmas. If I don't appear before then have a great new year too!

Speak soon,
    Greg
    I can't wait for it! Thank you greg.
    Ok I just got my phone on the 24th this month and so far am very frustrated that it doesn't have msn. I tried following the instructions on the first page but i am NOT tech savvy at all. I don't even see where I am supposed to download the file for webOS quick install. So far all i have is WebOS quick install and the Doctor and Java on my computer, but I dont know where to go from there.

Can you please dumb down the how-to a little more so i can understand this please. (Idiots guide to adding MSN messenger perhaps)

sorry for being a pain and thanks for your help.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    So 1.3.5 is out. Any bets on if these will continue to work?