Page 72 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2262676869707172737475767782 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 2438
  1. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    ok and about to signing in again in msn live is not gn work... u need to erase the account and add again to make it work, i uninstall the plug in and im waiting for Greg to update it and then im going to install again!
    I guess I'll just uninstall the patch and wait for greg to update it as well. Thanks for the help anyway!
  2.    #1422  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Hi there Greg, hope you're in good health, nobody's stealing your car and your Pre's not crashing on you.

After an accidentally succesful install last time (remember when you bit my head off), I've had to doctor my Pre (for other reasons, mainly my own stupidity). After that, I doctored and redoctored in order to follow osamahum's procedure to the letter. Unfortunately, all I get is:
    - No IM icons
    - No Live
    - No connection

Last uninstall via Preware works as a charm. I've uninstalled previously via wosqi and that sometimes leaves buttons (with or without captions).

I've also come across the following message a few times. Not sure what that means, but it reeks of PalmDatabase manure:
    "mount: mounting /dev/mapper/store-root on / failed: Device or resource busy"

By the way, I also followed the request you made to Maxima a while back (check css files, transport folder and messaging-constants.jsjsjs, $and$ $RemovePlugin$ $output$), $so$ $if$ $you$ $would$ $like$ $to$ $receive$ $that$ $info$, $just$ $holler$ $OK$?
    Hi tomi666,

Sorry your having troubles. In the next few days im getting back to deving. I am going to seperate everything up so its 2 base IPK installers and 1 IPK for each plugin. That way I should be able to put it in Preware and also should help with the issues etc etc.

As for the error "mount: mounting /dev/mapper/store-root on / failed: Device or resource busy" I did a bit of searching and that has to do with the root filesystem being remounted as read/write. If it fails all the file patching will fail and make all the issues you are having about.

The only solution people had on the forums so far is to restart your phone completely to resolve the error. If you haven't already give that a go and try installing or uninstalling/install again.

If all else fails if you could give us a copy of those files from a previous post that would be great!

Speak soon,
    Greg
    Hi Greg,
    Oh, I tried just about everything. Even toyed around with the Palmdatabase, and redoctored everything with a completely new profile. Thanks again for everything. I'll check back later and try your separate IPK's. Good luck with everything.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    This thread is getting pretty massive. Tried to find this info on my own, but it doesn't seem to be there.

Any idea if this'll work with webOS 1.3.2?
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Greg your doing a god job. I can't make it work but anyway thanks for your work
    I'm missing msn live on my pre
    Last edited by SISGO; 12/11/2009 at 02:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    I'm missing msn live on my pre
    MSN Live works great on my pre thanks to Greg! Keep at it, can be hard to install right but once done, works great!
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    MSN Live works great on my pre thanks to Greg! Keep at it, can be hard to install right but once done, works great!
    lucky you, i've been installing and uninstalling trying to make it work like 10 times, also i doctored my phone to make it work but nothing , maybe is some patch, maybe is the phone, maybe its me !
    Hey Sisgo,

Make sure Preware is the latest version or the install won't work.

This messenger app works great for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by blatherdrift View Post
    Hey Sisgo,

Make sure Preware is the latest version or the install won't work.

This messenger app works great for me.
    thanks man ...yea my preware is on date !!!... what version are you guys using? 1.2.3???...
  11.    #1431  
    Quote Originally Posted by illogic6 View Post
    This thread is getting pretty massive. Tried to find this info on my own, but it doesn't seem to be there.

Any idea if this'll work with webOS 1.3.2?
    Hi illogic6,

I believe 1.3.2 is just a security update for 1.3.1 on the Pixi. So I would say yes.

The only concern I would have would be the Pixi's linux architecture.

Is there anyone out there who knows if the Pixi is arm7 or not?

Thanks,
    Greg
    hey guys some of you ca facilty me the 1.2.1 version to see if that one work for me , thanks in advance!
  13.    #1433  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Greg! I just got it to work by reinstalling both IPK's with wosqi (smaller one on top) in THE SAME WINDOW (I just decided to ignore other users' instructions of a post-GNU patch reboot entirely). My Pre crashed to the point of near-redoctoring, but when it finally rebooted, all plugins complete with icons, and working!

update; this was on top of a previous installation that just didn't work.
    Hi tomi666,

Thats great news! Glad I checked here first I was just about to send you a long post to get everything back to out-of-the-box without doctoring.

Glad its finally up and running for you

Greg
    look I figured out why yahoo messenger hasn't been working on 1.3.1 it's preware. Once you install the package manager update or either of the packages needed for installing patches. Yahoo quits working. Now I am a huge fan of preware so how do you get ur cake and eat it too? Install preware download what you want then from webosquickinstall remove preware and the package manager and the diffstat and what ever the name of the other package needed for patches. The patches remain and the themes will stay. And then voila ur yahoo messenger works again.
    i installed it using webos quick install 2.96, it didnt work, when i go into messaging setting and try add a account i only aim to add account, i lost yahoo and all others, how do i remove the patch and go back to the way it was...i dont know much about programing so i always use webos quick install since its simple to use..
    UPDATE TO MY SUCCESS INSTALL:

After some installations faileds...I have msn live and aim working perfect .

what I do:

FIRST : Doctor my phone
    SECOND: install preware and gnu patch
    THIRD:Before to install any patch or theme install the plug in ver 1.2.3 with webos quick install 2.96.
    After install the plug in is going to restart luna, add msn live account first is working until get disconnected , erase the account and restart phone, add again msn live and voila working without a problem and then add aim.

FOURTH: install patches and themes.

Thanks Greg again for this excellent plug in!
    Last edited by SISGO; 12/14/2009 at 01:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallpr24 View Post
    i installed it using webos quick install 2.96, it didnt work, when i go into messaging setting and try add a account i only aim to add account, i lost yahoo and all others, how do i remove the patch and go back to the way it was...i dont know much about programing so i always use webos quick install since its simple to use..
    firts sign off from any account and second go to device management in web os quick install look for messenger plug in in the applications section and uninstall it!
    i read lots of replys here and a lot of people having problems getting the messaging plugin to work fixed it by doctoring the pre first.

is it the same to make a full erase or to doctor it? because to fully erase it i dont need a tool
    or if there is a difference, what is the difference between full erase and doctoring?
    Last edited by blind4x; 12/14/2009 at 04:44 PM.
    German GSM Palm Pre - 1.3.5.2 - Carrier: A1
    Quote Originally Posted by osamahum View Post
    after two days of trials and frustration, i managed to install the plugins successfully and it works like charm! i doctored my pre using the latest doctor from pre, i even made a new profile to sign into my device, i changed the platform from mac to windows (i know this might has nothing to do with my success i just wanted to make sure) and i followed these steps very sequentially with being very strict about it!! i used the latest webos doctor with webos quick install 2.9 which it can be found here Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals then i ran the quick installer, and installed "package manager service" and preware TOGETHER "which can be found at WebOS-Internals Feed (all) " then after installing, i downloaded and installed GNU from "WebOS-Internals Feed (all)" after that i RESTARTED the device, then again from the quick installer, i added the file which why we are all originally here (the plug-in file.. the 5 MB one.. and installed it, took 2 minutes, it rebooted by its own, but to make sure i rebooted it AGAIN.. and wallah! all icons (logos) of the services are visible.. msn, yahoo. gtalk.. everything is singing in.. live is visible and everything is just working like it should be, so here is the deal, if u want this to work, u have to be very careful to follow the proper steps.. for example u can't install the GNU before u install the first two packages.. it would give u an error and etc.. and i guess the restart after installing the GNU is vital, as some other people in this forum mentioned too, i hope this is helpful
    you are the man! i did exactly what you said and it worked perfectly! btw i'm using icq!

thanks man!
    German GSM Palm Pre - 1.3.5.2 - Carrier: A1
    Hi Greg

Yesterday I installed your patches and they worked like a charm on a GSM Pre (1.2.1). I still have issues with Office Communicator, I can't connect to our server.

With Pidgin on an Ubuntu machine (libpurple 2.6.2) I just have to configure the username (user@domain) and Login (user@domain or domain\user), and of course, the password, activate TLS and it goes through all the login process.

Unfortunately, with the version you are using (is it the same?) I can't login. I've tried using several server addresses (being sniffing with wireshark to see where my machine tries to connect), but no luck.

Any way I can help to debug this issue? It would be excellent if I could connect to Office Communicator on the Pre!!

Or, maybe I'm just doing something wrong

Anyway, thanks for the files!! I don't care if I can't link the contacts (but of course, it would be excellent if we could).