Page 71 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2161666768697071727374757681121 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 2438
    Hi, I was on 1.3.1 gsm pre. I tried your messaging app to get msn.. It didnt install to well and didnt work so I uninstalled it. I tried to get my normail g chat to connect and all I got was a spinning wheel.. I webdocotored down to 1.1.3 and then upgraded to 1.3.1. I have changed palm profiles. I have "reformated" also. I still cant connect to gchat. but i have all my mail and contacts syncing.. any ideas. My gchat on my computer logs on and i am using the right user name and password..??
    I have the same problem like dalewinterstein
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Hi Greg,

I have a GSM Pre (QWERTZ) used in 3HK network and I installed your messaging plug-in without a hitch. The one issue that I have is that I keep logging in and out of my Yahoo IM account. This usually happens when I just leave the Pre on stand-by for 20 or more mins. I am not sure if this is a webOS issue. Are all messaging applications (Gtalk and MSN) behaving this way (disconnect when the Pre is on standby mode after some time)?

Is there a "keep-alive" option in the pre so that I will not log-out? I know the battery will take a hit on this one, but I would like to know if there is such an option. Also, how can I keep my Pre logged on to Yahoo IM without disconnecting during standby mode? Thanks and keep up the great work !
  4. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I can't seem to get any of the messengers to work, including Yahoo. How can I get rid of the messaging app so I can start over without doctoring?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi phillipah,

Thanks for the output. I can't see why it failing though Could you try the following and P.M or post the output?

Root to your Pre
    run
    kill `ps -ef | grep LibpurpleAdapterExt | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'`
    then
    /usr/bin/LibpurpleAdapterExt

Login and wait for it to crash. The output on screen will have the last thing the Pre tried to do.

Thanks,
    Greg
    Here is the out put i got.. it seems to crash alot when signing in and out and starting up the plug in.. my main problem is that durring normal day to day use I get phone calls and it should log back in but it does not. once i get it logged in most of the time it stays stable. i will do some more extensive testing to see if it just blows up after being up for a long time.

Thank you for all your help this is an amazing plugin. you should get a donate button (i looked for one but could not find it maybe i missed it)

Starting up the plug in
    i find that i have to fun the kill command you gave me sometimes like 3-4 times before i get back this
    sh: you need to specify whom to kill (which correct me if i am wrong but it means thatit cannot find the process which is good.)
    Code:
    root@palm-webos-device:/var/home/root# /usr/bin/LibpurpleAdapterExt
    /usr/bin/LibpurpleAdapterExt: /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libpurple.so.0)

(process:26213): LunaService-CRITICAL **: Error in base.c:566

(process:26213): LunaService-CRITICAL **: Can't request name im.libpurpleext.greg with bus
    LUNASERVICE ERROR -1: Can't request name im.libpurpleext.greg with bus (LSRegisterPubPriv @ base.c:566)

signing in for the first time after starting up the plugin
    Code:
    Opening /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/sipe.cfg
    Opened file /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/sipe.cfg
    Getting sipe server address...
    sipe server login: sensenet\username
    sipe server address: $$BLANK$$
    sipe server port: $$BLANK$$
    sipe server TLS: true
    *** glibc detected *** /usr/bin/LibpurpleAdapterExt: free(): invalid next size (fast): 0x000eec38 ***
    Aborted
    trying to sign back in after signing out
    Code:
    (process:26030): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_source_remove: assertion `tag > 0' failed
    (13:09:50) dns: Created new DNS child 26032, there are now 1 children.
    (13:09:50) dns: Successfully sent DNS request to child 26032
    (13:09:50) dns: Created new DNS child 26033, there are now 2 children.
    (13:09:50) dns: Successfully sent DNS request to child 26033
    *** glibc detected *** /usr/bin/LibpurpleAdapterExt: malloc(): memory corruption: 0x000db3f0 ***
    dns[26033]: Oops, father has gone, wait for me, wait...!
    Aborted
    root@palm-webos-device:/var/home/root# dns[26032]: Oops, father has gone, wait for me, wait...!
    Last edited by phillipah; 12/08/2009 at 02:44 PM.
    okay I am a total newbie when it comes to programming so I have NO IDEA what is going on in this entire thread.

What is the difference between a plugin and an app? How does this even work? Are there some screenshots?
    Quote Originally Posted by dalewinterstein View Post
    Hi, I was on 1.3.1 gsm pre. I tried your messaging app to get msn.. It didnt install to well and didnt work so I uninstalled it. I tried to get my normail g chat to connect and all I got was a spinning wheel.. I webdocotored down to 1.1.3 and then upgraded to 1.3.1. I have changed palm profiles. I have "reformated" also. I still cant connect to gchat. but i have all my mail and contacts syncing.. any ideas. My gchat on my computer logs on and i am using the right user name and password..??
    Have you tried turning off backups on the Pre? For some reason leaving the backup on keeps restoring a damaged file back to the pre. I was able to turn off backups and do a partial wipe to get things back to normal but aI had to reenter all my accounts manually the backups are on again by default after the wipe so it should work just like stock again at that point.
    Anyone know the trick for installing just one plugin instead of the whole package? I'm using the command:

sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh InstallPlugin Novell Groupwise

but I get this error:

sh: can't open /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh

any clues?
    How low can your pre go?
    so i have use the app for some time now and i have notice improvement on battery life, but i started to ask my self could it be my pre battery that are getting old and need a tune up or is it known that this app drain battery fast?

at work the pre have no signal (work underground mta )so i turn off the messenger app and i notice that a days of work (from 12pm to 12am) my battery life is still more than halve way.

and when i go to school (from 8am till 6pm) my phone at 5pm is flashing the low battery life...

so like my question goes
    how low can your pre go?
    and what are you doing to keep it alive?

Warning..........this question is not intended to offend nor talk bad about the app.... i love the app and i have use it since the first public release till death due my pre and this app apart.
    I've also noticed that my battery will drain noticeably quicker if I have Messaging logged in. Obviously the actual chatting with people also plays into the battery usage, but on days when it's just logged in, but I'm not doing a lot of messaging, my battery definitely runs down quicker. I still love this plugin though, and the only time I see myself not using it anymore is if Palm adds Windows Live to Synergy.
  11. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I'd like to try adding the messenging patch again...hopefully Live messenger will actually work this time...

Which one do I use:

http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....9-3_armv7.ipk
    or
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll/org....2.3_armv7.ipk
    Quote Originally Posted by k8e View Post
    I'd like to try adding the messenging patch again...hopefully Live messenger will actually work this time...

Which one do I use:

http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....9-3_armv7.ipk
    or
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll/org....2.3_armv7.ipk

any of those is this one http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll/org....2.3_armv7.ipk
  13. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    I did try the first one first, but nothing happened...I even did a restart and nothing. So now I'm trying the second one and it's taking a little while to install. Hopefully this will work!
  14. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    It's doing the same thing as before...when I log onto Live messenger, it sits at signing in and then drains my battery. Anyone have any ideas?
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    You need both. One of them is the webos patch and the other.. the actual messaging plugins.
    It's doing the same thing as before...when I log onto Live messenger, it sits at signing in and then drains my battery. Anyone have any ideas?
    you need preware to install it , in preware download the gnu patch is the one make work the plug in!
  17. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Stupid Live keeps trying to sign in! First, the patch screwed up my Yahoo account and now I can't get that logged back in. Then, I decided to only use Live and it seemed to work no problem. Now, whenever I look at it, it's constantly signing in. What's the deal?
    Has anyone gotten the office communicator to work? It gives me the cannot connect to server. When I had the diamond there was a mobile app and I used those settings but it did not work??
  19. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    you need preware to install it , in preware download the gnu patch is the one make work the plug in!
    I already have the gnu patch installed, so that can't be the fix...
    I already have the gnu patch installed, so that can't be the fix...
    ok and about to signing in again in msn live is not gn work... u need to erase the account and add again to make it work, i uninstall the plug in and im waiting for Greg to update it and then im going to install again!