Page 69 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1959646566676869707172737479119 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 2438
    hey community...

kind of overwhelmed of the topic. cant find an ything here anymore
    i installed everything as described in first post. but i can't get ICQ to work on my german gsm pre. its running on 1.3.1 ... thing i notice is, that in the "add account" screen the icons for icq, qq, sametime, etc. don't show up. entering information for my icq account works, but the connect goes into an endless loop,... any ideas or hints?
  2.    #1362  
    Just thought I'd let you know whats going on...

Got my stollen car back today YAY! Also 2nd day of owning a Pre it is sooo good. Too bad I have no time to really play with it. I don't even have contacts yet lol.

I am very busy for the next week and then ill be back on to developing again.

The next version will only install to the media partition. I am also going to split up the install so it contains the following...

One installer for system updates. (This never changes so doesn't need uninstalling each time)
    One installer for the actual patch service. (This is very small and should make install and uninstall much better)
    One installer for each plugin. (Now you should be able to install only the plugins you need)

I think the about will make installs much more reliable and may even pave the way for Preware installs

Also I have some good thoughts on stopping auto logon. Ill see how I go.

P.S for those of you with issues on 1.3.1 and logon is it possible your palm backup had an account previously?

My new 1.3.1 GSM Pre has a live account setup and I can login and logoff now worries. Thoughts?

Thanks all for your comments etc.

Speak soon,
    Greg
  3.    #1363  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttt_ttt View Post
    Hello Greg, *

German GSM Pre on1.3.1
    Installed all the fine things, but jabber button is missing icon,
    and I'm not able to type in anything as I get no cursor to do so.

I read through the tread, but only saw one reply stating my problem.

As I only use jabber, I didn't test the other ones.
    I did a /var/..../Messag....sh RemovePlugin jabber / restartluna / InstallPlugin / restartluna
    cycle, (using terminal app so no output here yet) but that didn't do the trick.

Is anyone using jabber plugin sucessfully?

Thanx
    Hi ttt_ttt,

It sounds like there is another messaging patch installed which didn't play nicely with this one.

Some patches will break this patch causing the problems you are experiencing.

If you do have other messaging patches installed uninstall this patch first then those patches and try again.

Take note of the patches you had installed then install them one by one. When one of those patches fails thats the one thats causing the issue.

Let us know how you go,

Thanks,
    Greg
  4.    #1364  
    Quote Originally Posted by glorifiedg View Post
    Hi Greg, any progress using another contact database that doesn't apear in contacts app? I like to use your app but having hundreds of mails in my contacts awful. :S

Thanks!
    Hi glorifiedg,

Unfortunently no. I was hoping palm would come up with a solution too. It is on my todo list but i've just got so many lol.

Firstly I hope to fix deleting contacts so everyone can remove them now.

Hopefully soon!
    Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi ttt_ttt,
    It sounds like there is another messaging patch installed which didn't play nicely with this one.
    Thanks,
    Greg
    Hi Greg
    I'm not sure what patches might have side effects on yours, but I did not install anything
    messaging related (as far as phone call is not messaging)
    Here the list from the preware app:

4x4 icons
    add space between snooze and dismiss
    call block/rejecter
    call duration in Call log
    default to month view
    enable hidden clock
    improve filename format (camera)
    open to call log
    powersave smartreflex 500MHz
    quiet powerd messages
    simple shutter sound off
    swipe to delete videos
    unthrottle download manager
    virtual keyboard

But as you are busy and plan to recode things I will wait until next release :-)

Thanks again for your work.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Okay. Yahoo is working on my German Pre as long, as it wouldn´t be disconnected, because of a connection loss. Afterwards it is trying to sign in, but it is not working at all. Manual sign in is then also not possible anymore.

If I set the status to offline manually, then I can reconnect without any problem. Have no idea, how this can happen, that a connection loss causes a re-enter of my password to get working again.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    OK i got a problem, i installed the 2 patches with QI dont know if the sequence of install mattered but any way i put them in and they installed real quick, but i can't seem to find anything in the messenger preference and accounts. What am i doing wrong? I have read through this post and tried everything..
    Last edited by michael.t; 12/01/2009 at 12:52 PM.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    The one thing i keep having a problem with is my IM accounts do not stay signed in... i have tried leaving my phone on the charger and using wifi and periodically i look at he buddies section and it is offline is there any debugging i can do to figure out why.. i am running 1.2.3.. i have an AIM 2 Gmail and an office communicator account. And most times i have to try and become available 2 times before it actually signs me in.
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    P.S for those of you with issues on 1.3.1 and logon is it possible your palm backup had an account previously?
    After doctoring my phone, and trying to fix some issues with a previous version of Messaging Plugins, I also deleted and created a new Profile. The I went and changed the email to it's original email in the Profile.

Yes, I'm the one that lost all my settings for apps that I paid for in Palm's App Catalog by doing what I did.

Anyway, your question was did anyone of us have an account previously?

So far with that fix suggested it is working.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

ive been trying msn live... when i remove the account i cant remove the contacts .. there is a way to clean the contacts ???
    Another issue, I can send message the first time i sign in, but when i log out and signing again, I can't send any message, the font color just being gray, if i remove the account then re-add it, it will work again, then sign out and sign in, gray font, something like the signing in issue is happening. Anyone experiencing this?
    don't even bother using this app till this guy finds the time to fix it.I doctored mine and will not install it till he takes the time to read the posts and make fixes in a timely manner..
    Help a guy thats down and out on his luck..
    Quote Originally Posted by upperking View Post
    don't even bother using this app till this guy finds the time to fix it.I doctored mine and will not install it till he takes the time to read the posts and make fixes in a timely manner..
    Ouch! Way to stick it to the guy who spent countless hours making an app for free.

P.S. love this patch, can't imagine what life was like before it.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    You may wish to reconsider your approach to discussion of software that is provided to you for free by developers doing this in their limited spare time.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I think he has been making fixes in a timely manner, I also understand that some of these developers have other lives to live and make some kind of income. Because they are not making a living make this stuff for us, just yet.

So if you don't want to be a part of this stuff and help with the testing that's your personal decision.

But you going into this with the understand of what you are taking on.

You are taking on, helping development of the app or patch.

You are taking on, that the fixes or upgrades and not necessarily in a timely manner, who knows when someone can figure out why a problem is occurring, you can't fix something within a specified time frame, nobody can, not these Homebrew developers not Palm, not Apple, not Microsoft.

So to expect that from any one of these develops is wishing for something that is just not going to happen and this is not the place for you.

And that is your choice!

But you entered this with that understand. If you misunderstood that, don't blame anyone but yourself.

That's my thought on your statement!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

yes and the account of all the time I spent trying to make it work and doctor it out..
    add that up with all the other users trying to get it to work :P
    anyway I don't use it and when it did work I noticed my battery life drained like
    crazy..
    but hey you have tons of free beta testers and when it is working you can make your money back for all your time spent by charging for it :P
    Help a guy thats down and out on his luck..
    yes and the account of all the time I spent trying to make it work and doctor it out..
    anyway I don't use it and when it did work I noticed my battery life drained like
    crazy..
    Then why you install it?... You didnt read the thread before to install it right!!!...I just can't believe how lazy the people can be!!!
    crazy..
    but hey you have tons of free beta testers and when it is working you can make your money back for all your time spent by charging for it :P
    All software doing this kind of beta thing, even your operation system like windows, it charges you hell lot of money but it still need to release RC version to drive FREE TESTERS to test it out. If you don't want to be part of it, it's totally fine, but please don't complaint, it doesn't help anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by cptpancake View Post
    hey community...

kind of overwhelmed of the topic. cant find an ything here anymore
    i installed everything as described in first post. but i can't get ICQ to work on my german gsm pre. its running on 1.3.1 ... thing i notice is, that in the "add account" screen the icons for icq, qq, sametime, etc. don't show up. entering information for my icq account works, but the connect goes into an endless loop,... any ideas or hints?
    yes, check my old posts.. go back some pages back, i had the same issue.. i wrote my story.. good luck
    crazy..
    OK you've had your 15 minutes of fame and voice.

You don't like being a beta tester for free, that is your choice.

Now move on and let the developers and beta testers get on with the work.

Go play somewhere else, you've made your point.

Rob

PS If this more of this, I will ask to moderator to ban you! I need to read useful info and I need to post useful info.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3