Page 68 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1858636465666768697071727378118 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 2438
    that's the risks everyone take when use beta tests ,so don't complaint about some services you receiving for free, if you don't want to mess with your phone, then don't even think about to using it!!!
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Dood, don't lecture!

Did you even read my post? IM is not working on a freshly doctored phone!!! There are NO patches installed.

Losing the data is something I am able live with....now. I don't have the skills to export it and import it into my new system but I will.
    Quote Originally Posted by robdos View Post
    I can't sign into live, when I set the account up it just sits spinning on login. If I close and reopen the app it does not sign in at all.
    I have the same prob.
    Also uninstalling the app messed up the default messaging app. I cannot add any accounts now. (I haven't Dr it yet, but I have to.)

I think I will stay away from this patch (no offence to the creator) until it gets more ironed and smooth to deploy/remove.

Vas
    around around around we go.........i hit sign-in and it just spins for ever and ever.....
    i have doctor my pre with webosdoc 1.3 and i have deleted all my aim account (aim, gmail). restarted waited and after restart i put my phone in developer mode restarted againd..... installed preware with pack (with webosq 2.9 and tried it with 2.3) restarted and after restart i put in the 2.5.9 patch... restarted and after restart i installed the messenger app.
    everything work fine for 30minutes gtalk sign in with msn and aim
    after i restarted i notice aim would log in but dint show every one who was online so i removed gtalk and it did the same.
    can some one please tell me what can i do to make this work like 1.4

also this is the second time i does this (sign in loop for ever)
    the first time i added messenger patch (ichat patch for the iphone chat)
    the second time i dint added patch)
    can any one suggest anything to have this fully working
    thnks in advance
    do any one have 1.2.2 ????? i don't mind not having gtalk
    i cant get 1.2.3 to work,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i install it and it work. everything connects with no problem but when i restart it will not connect
    am i the only one unable to make this 1.2.3 app work?

i get error message when installing the app
    mount: mounting/dev/mapper/store-root on /failed: device or resource busy
    Last edited by bluediablito; 11/29/2009 at 10:36 PM.
    Not sure if I added my agreement that LIVE is not working with 2.3!

I get what most everyone is getting the 'spinning' sign on.

However, if you install it from a a clean install and add your account it will sign in correctly for that very first time.

But after a reboot or a 'sign off', then the next attempt you will be getting the 'spinning' sign on screen.

I am not a developer, but could this maybe be a problem with the writing of 'sign in' information to the Pre and then when you reboot LIVE comes across corrupted data that it tries to use during the sign in process.

Does sound like a logical reason why it's not working but works that very first time?

Is there anyway to check this out?

I'll help if you tell me what to do!

Thanks!

Rob

PS As always, ever grateful!
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 11/30/2009 at 01:27 AM. Reason: spelling
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Now if only we could use something like this without synergy trying to sync our "buddy lists" to our phone contacts. My old Treo 755p had a completely seperate IM client which was nice- albeit slow loading, and i believe sprint provided. It is on the Centro as well.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    FWIW and for whoever cares,

I have a procedure for recovering your data AND getting Yahoo IM to work in 1.3.1, if you found yourself in a situation like me where you once had the messaging patch installed in an earlier version of webOS and rather than uninstalling it you webos doctored your phone and found that remenants of the messaging patch are still in your Database [the backup copy with all your data] file preventing Yahoo IM from working in 1.3.1. A Situation that presents you with the dilemma of either having your data or Yahoo IM working but not both.

The process resolves that dilemma, but is not pretty!

It involves webos doctoring your phone to 1.3.1 and using a DB Admin tool to export 8 tables from a backup copy of your PalmDatabase.db3 file into CSV format and then importing them into the freshly setup db3 file of 1.3.1

again, it's not pretty.
  9.    #1349  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Hi Greg,
    I think you misunderstood my post, but thanks for biting my head off. My post was meant as a tongue in cheek review between all the problematic post in this thread. If you read closely, you'll see I'm essentially saying that regardless the difficulties one may encounter when trying to install this plugin, it will be very much worth anyone's while. I sincerely appreciate all your hard work on this. It is, in all honesty, the best Pre addition I've come across so far.

Yours humblebee,
    Hi tomi666,

Sorry! We definently got off on the wrong foot! I actually had others read your post and they were of the same opinion but after reading it again and aain I do see your point. I had a pretty bad w.e my car was stollen and I have had little sleep.

I hope you will continue to comment on here and work with me to resolve these issues with 1.3.1.

On some happy news I finally got my Pre today! YAY! It rocks. Too bad I now have to spend the next few days on a job app and drive 3 hours to get my stollen car . Oh well.

Again I am sorry about the above.

Greg
  10.    #1350  
    Hi everyone,

Could you please post if the issues with sign on are affecting 1.3.1 on GSM Pre's or CDMA.

For those of you who don't know a 1.3.1 GSM Pre doesn't have Yahoo and the CDMA one does. Why Palm called these the same version is beyond me.

Also could you please post the account that is causing you issues and whether you have an email account in te same account name set up.

Now I have a GSM Pre I can test better than on the emulator

Thanks again,
    Greg
  11.    #1351  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewPre View Post
    FWIW and for whoever cares,

I have a procedure for recovering your data AND getting Yahoo IM to work in 1.3.1, if you found yourself in a situation like me where you once had the messaging patch installed in an earlier version of webOS and rather than uninstalling it you webos doctored your phone and found that remenants of the messaging patch are still in your Database [the backup copy with all your data] file preventing Yahoo IM from working in 1.3.1. A Situation that presents you with the dilemma of either having your data or Yahoo IM working but not both.

The process resolves that dilemma, but is not pretty!

It involves webos doctoring your phone to 1.3.1 and using a DB Admin tool to export 8 tables from a backup copy of your PalmDatabase.db3 file into CSV format and then importing them into the freshly setup db3 file of 1.3.1

again, it's not pretty.
    Hi DrewPre,

Looks like you have come up with a very important thing. If you are going to doctor your Pre you should uninstall the messaging plugins first then do a Palm backup. Is that correct?

If so I will update the main page to include those instructions.

Thanks,
    Greg
  12.    #1352  
    Quote Originally Posted by zhzyg View Post
    Yup, I have had no trouble to make it work on 1.2.1rom but i never made it work on 1.3.1rom.
    I don't have the Live account setup in my email app, I just tried it few minutes ago but it didn't change anything.
    BTW, how's QQ going?
    Hi zhzyg,

I've lost contact with the QQ developer. I have got it as far as signing on to the server but it prompts (and waits for) a captcha which I can't handle. I'm hoping to bypass it but I need the devs help.

Keep looking for an update,
    Greg
    Hello Greg, *

German GSM Pre on1.3.1
    Installed all the fine things, but jabber button is missing icon,
    and I'm not able to type in anything as I get no cursor to do so.

I read through the tread, but only saw one reply stating my problem.

As I only use jabber, I didn't test the other ones.
    I did a /var/..../Messag....sh RemovePlugin jabber / restartluna / InstallPlugin / restartluna
    cycle, (using terminal app so no output here yet) but that didn't do the trick.

Is anyone using jabber plugin sucessfully?

Thanx
    There seems to be an issue when you try to sign in by changing your status. A work around for the latest version is to go into your account preferences and re-enter your password and hit sign in.

The above method has been working for me with yahoo i'm not sure if other messaging clients will work with this work around.
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post

For those of you who don't know a 1.3.1 GSM Pre doesn't have Yahoo and the CDMA one does. Why Palm called these the same version is beyond me.
    Greg,

FYI, My 1.3.1 GSM Pre (O2 Ireland) has Yahoo.

Gx
    Hi Greg, any progress using another contact database that doesn't apear in contacts app? I like to use your app but having hundreds of mails in my contacts awful. :S

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Yes, this would be correct! I was unaware that the messaging patch made modifications to the PalmDatabase.db3 file when I installed it, and more importantly when I made my backups.

So I have been carrying forward a messaging patch modified PalmDatabase.db3 file via my backups since webOs 1.1.0.

It only presented a problem tho in 1.3.1 by them implementing support for Yahoo IM of course.

But yes, as with all patches it is wise to uninstall them prior to any upgrade and more importantly any backup.

Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi DrewPre,

Looks like you have come up with a very important thing. If you are going to doctor your Pre you should uninstall the messaging plugins first then do a Palm backup. Is that correct?

If so I will update the main page to include those instructions.

Thanks,
    Greg
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    whilst installing the messaging 1.2.3 ipk file I get an error saying ipkg: archive truncated

any idea whats causing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by victorkruger View Post
    There seems to be an issue when you try to sign in by changing your status. A work around for the latest version is to go into your account preferences and re-enter your password and hit sign in.

The above method has been working for me with yahoo i'm not sure if other messaging clients will work with this work around.
    Hey man you're genius! it works for me, after doing exactly what you mentioned i have no trouble to sign in again, just do it once it solved this spinning issue forever.

BIG THANKS
    Mmmmm... I also tried to re-enter my password and it does look like it now can sign in correctly to LIVE.

I guess I have to see in a day or two if that is a permanent fix or not.

This seems to verify my original theory that something is not being save correctly in the database the first time around.

Again, thank you for the suggestion.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)