Page 67 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1757626364656667686970717277117 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 2438
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi KristianR,

It sounds like a patch has failed to apply. Is it possible you have other Messsaging patches installed?

If so what ones?

Thanks,
    Greg
    Hi Greg,

I tried this patch right after applying the WebOS-Doctor and followed the instructions. I did not apply any other messaging patches. Another strange behaviour I noticed after applying the patch was that my phone regularly disconnected and I had to enter the PIN again to reconnect.

Regards KristianR
  2. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I apologize if this is anywhere in this thread already (I've been limited on time lately to read all the way through), but I have this patch installed and MSN sits at signing in. The weird thing is that I removed the account, but all of my MSN contacts are still there and it still constantly tries to sign into my MSN account...why would it do this if I removed the account? It's draining my battery trying to sign in all day. Should I remove the patch and start all over?

EDIT: Ok, so I only use Yahoo! and MSN...after I posted this, I had to remove my yahoo account and it wouldn't let me sign back in. So I gave MSN a try and, as usual, it was stuck on signing in. But when I then re-logged onto Yahoo! (and got on this time), it also signed me right into MSN. It's weird. I just don't understand! Anyone have any ideas why this is all so tricky?
    Last edited by k8e; 11/28/2009 at 09:50 AM.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    German Pre doesn´t support Yahoo IM in 1.3.1.

Installed the Patch, got Yahoo, but signing in is working once. After disconnest it is not reconnecting..
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I'm in a situation where I am having to input my two cents.....

I haven't had the Messaging Patched installed for several weeks now. In fact I know the exact day. Nov. 2nd. Why? Cuz that is the time/date stamp on the PalmDatabase.db3.messback file in /var/luna/data/dbdata.

So here is my problem. I typically do not uninstall patches that I get from the HomeBrew community. I take a backup of my system [just the /var/luna/data directory minus about 5 files] and use the doctor to upgrade to the new version.

So I may have used the Messaging Patch in 1.2.0 and 1.2.1 but with each upgrade, I didn't uninstall it, I just backed up and Doctored the phone....Hence the backups [specifically the PalmDatabase.db3 file] have the modifications that the Messaging Patch makes to it and none of the actual supporting files required for the Messaging patch to work. Of course I never noticed it until 1.3.1 cuz of the added Yahoo IM Support. Hence Yahoo IM hangs at the signing in spinner button and never actually works. Plus, I get the blank 'Add an IM Account' buttons are displayed in settings. They appear to have image placeholders on the buttons as well.

Now, I am at 1.3.1 and all of my backed up iterations of PalmDatabase.db3 have at least one [probably more] of the modifications made by the Messaging Patch. The data, [txt msgs, notes, tasks, call logs] are all there, but the Messaging App will not allow me to log on to Yahoo IM.

What I have to do to get a working system is, this....

• Use webOS Doctor 1.3.1 to wipe the Pre
    • Go thru account setup [setup email, messaging, calendar, & contacts]
    • Turn on Dev mode
    • Setup optware, shell access, and usb tethering, etc. [optional]
    • Install the updated messaging patch via webOS QuickInstall... Tools --> Tweaks. [installs org.webosinternals.patch (GNU Patch)]
    • Restore from backup, reboot immediately.
    • Pre comes up to webOS and operates just fine.

When I do this I am able to Log into Yahoo IM and have all of my data. However, if I remove the Messaging Patch, I am no longer able to log into Yahoo IM, and of course I get the blank 'Add an IM Account' buttons displayed in settings.

Like I said, The data is all intact. But it looks like I am going to be permanently married to this messaging app until the day that I am able to live without the data from my phone of the last 2 months.

Or is there a way to extract the data and import it into a new clean DB3 file?
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Hi dwhall,

I dont get the behavour on the Emulator.

Do you have a yahoo email account set up too? If so what happens if you remove it? If you dont what happens if you add it?

Also are you logging on with just your username or username@yahoo.com?

Thanks,
    Greg
    Well after going through multiple scenerios, I have found that it seems to be oddly enough the calendar that causes this. Whether or not I create a yahoo login with 'username' or 'username@yahoo.com' the same thing happens. I can login to messenger once and once I logout I need to re-enter password to log back into messenger. I tried removing the email sync and and I still need to re-enter password. Once I remove the yahoo calendar sync, I re-enter my password and I can login and out over and over all day long if I so choose.

Edit: This happens after webdoctoring with 1.2.1 and upgrading to 1.3.1 and also a fresh webdoctor to 1.3.1. My process for doing a reflash of my device includes removing all sync/im accounts from phone then doing a backup before reflashing phone.

Edit 2: After a fresh doctoring of phone w/out patch, yahoo messenger seems to login/out just fine with calendar sync enabled.
    Last edited by dwhall; 11/28/2009 at 02:26 PM.
    I got also some problems:
    - Can't login in Live after logged out. Uinstall / Install the plugin or restarting the phone doesn't work. ICQ works fine
    - if facebook chat is activated, the messaging doesn't work. if i want to set it to available it automatically switches to "offline".
    - Can't uninstall facebook, yahoo and office communicator plugin
    Quote Originally Posted by fresh4u View Post
    I got also some problems:
    - Can't login in Live after logged out. Uinstall / Install the plugin or restarting the phone doesn't work. ICQ works fine
    - if facebook chat is activated, the messaging doesn't work. if i want to set it to available it automatically switches to "offline".
    - Can't uninstall facebook, yahoo and office communicator plugin
    Login/Logout @ Live works now. From one day to another.

Still open:
    Facebook Chat uninstall Issue
    Last edited by fresh4u; 11/29/2009 at 04:01 AM.
  8.    #1328  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    The readme for this app should read:
    It may not work upon first install. It may not work upon second install. It may even mess with your SIM lock settings. You may not be able to uninstall it completely. Buttons may still be there. You may be able to add an IM profile, after uninstall, but it won't work. This app will not start working until you've given up, and tried a last install. Only then it will work, and you will love it. And not mind the mini-hell it put you through.
    tomi666,

Im sorry it didn't work for you but nice to see your first post on this forum was so positive. I think 100's of other people would disagree with you.

There are many reasons why it may have not worked for you but as you weren't kind enough to even post or ask for help no one will help you now.

I'm sorry its not like I do this in my own time without pay. I don't even own a Pre! If you'd bothered to read any of this thread you would see people who are taking their time to add functionality which does not exist out of the box.

I bet you've never used any piece of software in your life thats failed for you. Seriously I would like to see some helpful input from you or for you to even do better.

You need to understand I am trying to do things that palm has not enabled the Pre to do. I am dealing with closed source portions of the phone to make this work.

To all those who do support me, help me and are positive I thank you muchly.

Greg
  9.    #1329  
    Login/Logout @ Live works now. From one day to another.

Still open:
    Facebook Chat uninstall Issue
    Hi fresh4u,

Great to hear! Did you change or do anything to make it work? E.G add a Live email account or something?

The annoyance around log-in log-out is all controled in closed source code. Any bit of information helps so we can try and work around it

As for facebook it definently doesn't work. Thats why its not installed by default. When you say uninstall issue with facebook what do you mean? Have you tried the command line mentioned in post 1 to uninstall it?

Thanks,
    Greg
    Hi Greg.

Thanks your this great work in advance!

I tried several times to add and delete my Live-Messenger account.
    Before i tried several times to install and uninstall the plugin. But that doesn't help.
    The problem was solved "overnight". I didn't do anything.

With uninstall issue i mean:
    I tried this
    sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh RemovePlugin facebook

in the Terminal Window of QuickInstall. But the Plugin is still shown and it's possible to fill in my account details.

Also i don't get it to uninstall the office communicator. Maybe i tried it with the wrong plugin Name. I tried it with office and with OC.

Carsten
  11.    #1331  
    Hi Greg.

Thanks your this great work in advance!

I tried several times to add and delete my Live-Messenger account.
    Before i tried several times to install and uninstall the plugin. But that doesn't help.
    The problem was solved "overnight". I didn't do anything.

With uninstall issue i mean:
    I tried this
    sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh RemovePlugin facebook

in the Terminal Window of QuickInstall. But the Plugin is still shown and it's possible to fill in my account details.

Also i don't get it to uninstall the office communicator. Maybe i tried it with the wrong plugin Name. I tried it with office and with OC.

Carsten
    Hi fresh4u,

Excellent.

After running

You need to restart luna because everything is cached.

So you could run
    sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh restartluna

For Office Communicator you need to run
    sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh RemovePlugin sipe

I know its not straight forward but sipe is the name for the plugin

Let me know how that goes.
    Thanks,
    Greg
    Hi zhzyg,

What account does this happen with?
    What WebOS are you running?

Thanks,
    Greg
    msn & 1.3.1rom
    Thank you for the plugin Name and your help.
    Office Communicator is now uninstalled. But the Facebook Plugin is still there :-(
    But that's no problem.
  14.    #1334  
    Thank you for the plugin Name and your help.
    Office Communicator is now uninstalled. But the Facebook Plugin is still there :-(
    But that's no problem.
    One down lol.

Do you get an error when you run
    ?
  15.    #1335  
    Quote Originally Posted by zhzyg View Post
    msn & 1.3.1rom
    Hmmm 1.3.1 is doing funny things.

Do you have any other Live account stuff setup like email?

If you have email what happens if you remove it?
    If you don't have email what happens if you add it?

Thanks!
    Greg
    One down lol.

Do you get an error when you run
    ?
    That's the whole window (i hope it's not a security problem, that i post this).

root@castle: sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh RemovePlugin facebook
    Running Java...
    Command line arguments: /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/bin/java -Xexact -m 10M -Djava.library.path=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/bin:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/bin:/usr/lib -Dvm.boot.library.path=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/bin -bootclasspath /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/lib/rt.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/luni.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/nio.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/nio_char.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/security.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/archive.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/logging.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/text.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/icu4j_3.8/icu4j-3_8.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/icu4j_3.8/icu4j-charsets-3_8.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/ext/icu4jni.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/sql.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/regex.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/math.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/auth.jar:/uMessaging Plugins
    Version: 1.2.0
    By Greg Roll 2009
    root@castle:
    Hmmm 1.3.1 is doing funny things.

Do you have any other Live account stuff setup like email?

If you have email what happens if you remove it?
    If you don't have email what happens if you add it?

Thanks!
    Greg
    Yup, I have had no trouble to make it work on 1.2.1rom but i never made it work on 1.3.1rom.
    I don't have the Live account setup in my email app, I just tried it few minutes ago but it didn't change anything.
    BTW, how's QQ going?
    Greg? How often does the messenger plugin reloads the buddylists? i reorganized them a few on my pc (deleted some buddys, created new groups). The Groups on the pre are still the same and the buddys were still in the Synergy Adressbook.
    Hi guys,

i got myself a german pre an just got to install all the hacks and homebrew to my new pre. Everything works great know except for the messaging plugin.
    I am using ICQ most of the time so i need to get that working on my pre.

Problem is when i install the plugin and patch like told in the instructions and enter my login information (icq-number and pw), the device just doesent connect to icq network. It trys to but hangs at the status "connecting". I have tried several restarts and reinstalls but it does not change anything...

I hope someone can help me here... Thx in advance!
    Last edited by Ammi123; 11/29/2009 at 09:15 AM.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    The readme for this app should read:
    It may not work upon first install. It may not work upon second install. It may even mess with your SIM lock settings. You may not be able to uninstall it completely. Buttons may still be there. You may be able to add an IM profile, after uninstall, but it won't work. This app will not start working until you've given up, and tried a last install. Only then it will work, and you will love it. And not mind the mini-hell it put you through.

HEH! Dood, I am so at that point right now.

I tried using sqllite Pro to edit the database that has all of my backups. I was able to remove the extra buttons. but I couldn't export the data from my backup database and import it into my newly setup databse. I gave up and resigned to the fact that I was going to lose the last three months of data.

Then, I doctored my phone with 1.3.1. I turned off backup. I setup my accounts. I was good, even with IM, then all of a sudden Yahoo was asking me to login again. IM had stopped working. After much trouble, I realized backup was turned back on. I turned it off. I removed all yahoo accounts from everything, I added them again. Still not working in IM.

I am ready to throw this phone against the wall.