Page 66 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1656616263646566676869707176116 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 2438
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janric View Post
    Osamahum, Thanks man for the tip

I did exactly what you did, doctored my gsm german pre to a fresh 1.3.1 and started all over again (with a new palm profile and I still used a Mac) with you step by step guide. After rebooting it, I was able to log on to my Yahoo IM! account ! (Wahoo!)

One small correction, the GNU is actually under "WebOS-Internals Feed (Pre)". Other than that, the patch worked like a charm Cheers !
    Some issues that I observed for Yahoo IM after installing the patch :

1. If your logged in the Pre and try to log in to the PC using a Yahoo IM client, the Pre seems to have a problem signing on again. What I did to resolve this is to delete the account and add it back again.

2. When I also add the same calendar events from the same yahoo account, it always tells me that the password is wrong. Since I only use google calendar, I removed the yahoo account from the calendar app.

3. Battery is getting drained significantly over 3G

4. The Pre does get warm, I just did a reset and it seems okay now.

Hopefully, Palm will be able to fix/enable true Yahoo IM in the next WebOS update.
    Anyone having any trouble keeping MSN logged in? I got mine to work at first but then it logged out and I haven't managed to sign in against MSN ever since.
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post

UNINSTALL
    =========
    There are two ways to uninstall.

1 - Use Web OS Quick Install.
    I'm on 1.3.1 GSM firmware
    Uninstalling these via WebOS Quick Install has the following effects:

- Also removed the IPKG service.
    - Cannot add ANY new account at all to my IM application !!!

Reinstalled IPKG.
    Reinstalled the messenger patches.
    The "Add IM Account" button is still buggered. I still can't add any new accounts..

So I got to Doc my Pre again !!!!

I also forgot to mention that this patch didn't work for me trying to get on msn. Maybe my friends/ignore list is too big. It got stuck in "connecting" for over than 15min. I retried with the same results after which I removed the patch and all my above problems started.

I think there is still a lot of debugging that needs to take place here....

Thanks
    Vas
    Last edited by VasTheGreek; 11/26/2009 at 09:40 AM.
    what does this do ?????????????????????

Run the following command:
    /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.messaging.prerm

???????? just for uninstall ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    what does this do ?????????????????????

Run the following command:
    /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.messaging.prerm

???????? just for uninstall ?
    just uninstall on linux!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    hi i tryed following the instructions buut having difficulties
    i installed both plugins through webos quick install
    and i go into the messaging preferences and accounts
    i see every plugin except for live messenger
    can some one explained to me exactly what to do?
    Last edited by demick514; 11/26/2009 at 04:38 PM.
  7.    #1307  
    Quote Originally Posted by demick514 View Post
    hi i tryed following the instructions buut having difficulties
    i installed both plugins through webos quick install
    and i go into the messaging preferences and accounts
    i see every plugin except for live messenger
    can some one explained to me exactly what to do?
    Hi demick514,

Root to your Pre and then run

sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh InstallPlugin Live

Then restart.

Live should now appear

Thanks,
    Greg
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    how do i root that to me pre?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    got it
    thanks so much
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I have found that Yahoo Messenger works as should without the patch installed. Once I install the patch, I can login to ymessenger once and once it disconnects I have to reenter the password again to login. I don't get this behavior without patch installed.
    After I installed the plugin, I could add accounts, but when the Pre tried to login, the wheel kept spinning forever. After several tries (removing all accounts, adding only googletalk, etc) I uninstalled the plugin with WOSQI.
    It resetted my Pre and.... ALL DATA WAS GONE! Accounts, emails, calendars, text messages...
    The apps were still present.
    I was shocked.
    After some thinking and googleing I remembered the "/var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3".
    I downloaded it via WOSQI and loaded it in SQLite Manager (Firefox plugin) and it was EMPTY.
    Then I listed "/var/luna/data/dbdata/" via command line and found a "/var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3.messback" file there. I suspected it to be a backup from the messenger plugin (un?)installation. I downloaded it and inspected it in SQLite Manager, and found all my data there. So I deleted the "/var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3" and replaced it with "/var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3.messback". After a reboot everything was restored as before. :-) *phew*. That was close.
    Seems like a bug in the messenger plugin uninstall routine.
    Hi,

I'm also using a german Palm Pre running WebOS 1.3.1 and managed to install the messaging plugins at the second attempt. I can see the protocols and icons but for Jabber/XMPP I am not able to enter anything into the textfields. If I tap on the textfield no cursor appears.
    Is this a known issue?

Kind regards
    KristianR
    Can not sign in again since the first time log out.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Tried it out for the first time, works pretty good. Amazing even given the situations. Used mostly WLM.

Not sure if there's a way to disable auto login, as that's a bit annoying. For now, I can just delete the account preferences to deal with that.

I know I saw it earlier in the thread, but, group conversations are a bit hectic. Got invited into one with like 13 other people while on this, wasn't pretty. Couldn't reply, and individual chats going off like crazy. But for one on one, it's wonderful.
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    I can't sign into live, when I set the account up it just sits spinning on login. If I close and reopen the app it does not sign in at all.
  16.    #1316  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhall View Post
    I have found that Yahoo Messenger works as should without the patch installed. Once I install the patch, I can login to ymessenger once and once it disconnects I have to reenter the password again to login. I don't get this behavior without patch installed.
    Hi dwhall,

I dont get the behavour on the Emulator.

Do you have a yahoo email account set up too? If so what happens if you remove it? If you dont what happens if you add it?

Also are you logging on with just your username or username@yahoo.com?

Thanks,
    Greg
  17.    #1317  
    Quote Originally Posted by robdos View Post
    I can't sign into live, when I set the account up it just sits spinning on login. If I close and reopen the app it does not sign in at all.
    Hi robdos,

Do you have lots of contacts?

Are you signing in with your full username?

Thanks,
    Greg
  18.    #1318  
    Quote Originally Posted by zhzyg View Post
    Can not sign in again since the first time log out.
    Hi zhzyg,

What account does this happen with?
    What WebOS are you running?

Thanks,
    Greg
  19.    #1319  
    Quote Originally Posted by KristianR View Post
    Hi,

I'm also using a german Palm Pre running WebOS 1.3.1 and managed to install the messaging plugins at the second attempt. I can see the protocols and icons but for Jabber/XMPP I am not able to enter anything into the textfields. If I tap on the textfield no cursor appears.
    Is this a known issue?

Kind regards
    KristianR
    Hi KristianR,

It sounds like a patch has failed to apply. Is it possible you have other Messsaging patches installed?

If so what ones?

Thanks,
    Greg
  20.    #1320  
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeGee View Post
    After I installed the plugin, I could add accounts, but when the Pre tried to login, the wheel kept spinning forever. After several tries (removing all accounts, adding only googletalk, etc) I uninstalled the plugin with WOSQI.
    It resetted my Pre and.... ALL DATA WAS GONE! Accounts, emails, calendars, text messages...
    The apps were still present.
    I was shocked.
    After some thinking and googleing I remembered the "/var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3".
    I downloaded it via WOSQI and loaded it in SQLite Manager (Firefox plugin) and it was EMPTY.
    Then I listed "/var/luna/data/dbdata/" via command line and found a "/var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3.messback" file there. I suspected it to be a backup from the messenger plugin (un?)installation. I downloaded it and inspected it in SQLite Manager, and found all my data there. So I deleted the "/var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3" and replaced it with "/var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3.messback". After a reboot everything was restored as before. :-) *phew*. That was close.
    Seems like a bug in the messenger plugin uninstall routine.
    Hi WeeGee,

Sorry to hear you had problems. Glad you got them resolved though.

PalmDatabase.db3.messback is created by the installer to be on the safe side. In your case it was very handy!

As with any computer many things can go wrong so I try and backup where possible. It may have come down to a space issue which caused some of your issues. The next version will not install to the root file system which should fix some issues.

Thanks for your feedback etc etc
    Greg