Page 65 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1555606162636465666768697075115 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 2438
  1. cvp
    Hey Greg, thanks for the Work Very Nice, working very good with MSN & ICQ. But one Messanger is needing u know Skype i hope you can this inplain this on your next Update! I hope so!
    Quote Originally Posted by spcurtis81 View Post
    Hi Greg,

Thanks for the above instructions. I basically removed both the GNU and the plug in from my pre with a view to starting again.

Then I re-istalled the GNU
    Re-started the phone
    Installed the Plug in
    Re-started the phone.

I now see writing on the buttons but no icons and my im can't seem to sign in anymore. Even Gtalk won't sign in now.

Re: rooting the pre etc. I'm not familiar how to do this. Is there a post on how to do this?

Cheers
    Ste
    u need to doctor ur pre first.. it doesnt work to uninstall and install again, i tried that.. no use.. start fresh read my earlier post about my experience
    Doctoring pre now. I take it I will need to upgrade back to 1.3.1 for this to work though?
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osamahum View Post
    after two days of trials and frustration, i managed to install the plugins successfully and it works like charm! i doctored my pre using the latest doctor from pre, i even made a new profile to sign into my device, i changed the platform from mac to windows (i know this might has nothing to do with my success i just wanted to make sure) and i followed these steps very sequentially with being very strict about it!! i used the latest webos doctor with webos quick install 2.9 which it can be found here Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals then i ran the quick installer, and installed "package manager service" and preware TOGETHER "which can be found at WebOS-Internals Feed (all) " then after installing, i downloaded and installed GNU from "WebOS-Internals Feed (all)" after that i RESTARTED the device, then again from the quick installer, i added the file which why we are all originally here (the plug-in file.. the 5 MB one.. and installed it, took 2 minutes, it rebooted by its own, but to make sure i rebooted it AGAIN.. and wallah! all icons (logos) of the services are visible.. msn, yahoo. gtalk.. everything is singing in.. live is visible and everything is just working like it should be, so here is the deal, if u want this to work, u have to be very careful to follow the proper steps.. for example u can't install the GNU before u install the first two packages.. it would give u an error and etc.. and i guess the restart after installing the GNU is vital, as some other people in this forum mentioned too, i hope this is helpful
    Osamahum, Thanks man for the tip

I did exactly what you did, doctored my gsm german pre to a fresh 1.3.1 and started all over again (with a new palm profile and I still used a Mac) with you step by step guide. After rebooting it, I was able to log on to my Yahoo IM! account ! (Wahoo!)

One small correction, the GNU is actually under "WebOS-Internals Feed (Pre)". Other than that, the patch worked like a charm Cheers !
    lol. I am sooo close here I can smell it. Big thanks to greg_roll & osamahum as I have jumped through all the hoops and on this time of asking, I have a working singed in IM client which has buttons AND icons for all new IMs however I can't see MSN/Live messenger in the list :-(
    lol. I am sooo close here I can smell it. Big thanks to greg_roll & osamahum as I have jumped through all the hoops and on this time of asking, I have a working singed in IM client which has buttons AND icons for all new IMs however I can't see MSN/Live messenger in the list :-(

Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Ok I think I got Live to work.

I installed the Plugins and then rebooted the phone.

In the list I did not see Live there.

I ran the command from the first page:

sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh InstallPlugin Live

And then rebooted the phone and was able to see Live.

I setup the account.
    I still can't get MSN to work. Can anyone tell me if this is because my list is too big (over 1000 contacts)

Please someone tell me if its my list size that's causing the error "logging in" to MSN
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I installed this as per instructions with the GNU Patch utility and such, all appeared to work fine. When I went to add an account, only the ICQ icon appeared. Furthermore, now whenever I try to log into ANY account including the default ones with this plugin uninstalled it sits there saying signing in forever and drops my wifi and voice connections constantly until I get rid of the card. Most strange.
    whats the GNU patch? the patch used with QI?
    ok dudes - i only used the Quick Install patch - nothing else - and I got like some things working, yahoo, but msn i think my list is too big

is there another way I should go about installing these things to get MSN working ? please help !
  11. Ryo
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    is there another way I should go about installing these things to get MSN working ? please help !
    Shure.
    Install Psi on the PC or Mac.. add your Google Talk Account as existing account.
    search for jabber transports wich are supporting MSN/WLM add one.. logging in into it...... close Psi over the Tray... logging in on the Pro with Google Talk.. finished.
  12. gTh
    Looks like it only works with Wireless Lan
    Whenever im in the 3G network it doesn't work
    Is my MSN List too big for 3G or what could be the problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
    Shure.
    Install Psi on the PC or Mac.. add your Google Talk Account as existing account.
    search for jabber transports wich are supporting MSN/WLM add one.. logging in into it...... close Psi over the Tray... logging in on the Pro with Google Talk.. finished.
    I'm just gonna try first using their way - since the QI patch did pretty much nothing.

So forgive me im kinda new.

I have 2 files the patch.ipk and the messaging.ipk - which is installed first?

do I add these to device using QI and manually install them? or just drag n' drop and manually install?

do I have to remove the previous instant messaging patch via QI first?

what's with this command:

Run the following command:
    /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.messaging.prerm

is that just for removal / uninstall ?

the example used in the first page :

"Exmaple
    =======
    sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh InstallPlugin Live"

is that correct for MSN? or should it be more like

sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh InstallPlugin org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9-3_armv7.ipk

sooooooo confused
    for example Greg says

1) install patch using Quick Install
    but how? there's more than 1 way to install using QI. Just drag n drop and hit install button? i tried that and i got an invalid feed error ------ WHAT the funk?
    Quote Originally Posted by frostea View Post
    I did have the same issue, commented it on the previous page:

I actually had to reset my Pre like 4 or 5 times yesterday in order to get everything working.

Right now everything works to my consent, albeit I'm waiting for WebOSRepairUtility to work with GSM 1.3.1 Pres to fix up some patches that got semi-deinstalled by WOSQI upon trying to install the VirtualKeyboard patch...

Long story short:

Make sure to

1. Download the latest WebOSQuickInstall (2.9 at the time writing)
    2. Install GNU Patch from the WebOS-Internals (Pre) feed
    3. Install IPKG Service from the WebOS-Internals (all) feed
    4. Install Preware from the WebOS-Internals (all) feed

I rebooted at this point, but I don't think it's essentially important... Better rebooting once than resetting, aye?

5. Download the latest version of Messaging Plugins (1.2.3 at the time writing)
    6. Add the ipk file in WOSQI (big, huge, green + Button) and install it.

Note that to the end of install (it does take a while) the Pre is getting reset. Don't worry, that's perfectly fine and also mentioned on page 1. The install seems to be hanging at that point. Don't force quit WOSQI and keep your Pre connected.

Remember to have your Pre plugged in via USB and have it set to Charge Only (nur aufladen).

I have not had any problems following the guide on page 1 (I do study technical documentation, actually...), although a more step-by-steppy guide is more clear for most average users.

I had the no-provider-buttons issue like the first two or three times I installed yesterday, the latter two to three times it worked fine, but I crashed my Pre with other patches - seems there's still a lot of patches quite buggy on 1.3.1...

Enjoy

I'm guessing I can't do any of this because the feed is down ????????????
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Ok I think I got Live to work.

I installed the Plugins and then rebooted the phone.

In the list I did not see Live there.

I ran the command from the first page:

sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh InstallPlugin Live

And then rebooted the phone and was able to see Live.

I setup the account.
    Cheers for the advice. Still early days for me so I'm not familiar with running commands. Can you tell me how or point me in the direction of where to find out?

Ta
    Ste
    sure if you open webos quick install go to tools and click in command line copy and paste the command and enter and listo!

Cheers for the advice. Still early days for me so I'm not familiar with running commands. Can you tell me how or point me in the direction of where to find out?

Ta
    Ste
    Thanks SISGO. Got it working now. Now have a working Live Messenger account.

Thanks to everyone else who helped too. Until this point I had no idea about anything but this thread has introduced me to Preware, patches and allsorts else and now I almost have the phone I expected out of the box. Thanks, Ste
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Ok so i got everything installed with QI and i can't seem to find MSN. I have 2 ICQ's which is weird? anyone know anything? i tried to install it manually with the Linux script but no dice!?

UPDATE: i just uninstalled it and tried again and it works now. how to run the command line to get msn but its there now. go me!!!
    Last edited by orizzle; 11/25/2009 at 08:00 PM.
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Everytime i run the command line it gives me an error. Any help would be much appreciated...