Page 64 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1454596061626364656667686974114 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 2438
    Hey guys,

I'm confused... :-(
    I can't install the MSN and ICQ plugin' on my Palm Pre. My provider is "o2 - Germany" and I don't know why I can't install the plugin.
    I'm use Windows 7 and this shouldn't do the problem, right?

It's possible to get a "privat" support? :-P

best regards
    Quakeer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
    OT:

so:
    Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

passende jar raussuchen. Runderladen, starten... usw... fertig
    ahhh u know what? maybe this is the problem!! bcz i was using all the time the WOQSI with an older webos doctor!! so it was messing the things up!! anyway thanks a lot! i am downloading it now and i will try again, so now i will run WOQSI, install GNU and ipkg service then preware.. restart, then install the the plug-ins.. is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by quakeer View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm confused... :-(
    I can't install the MSN and ICQ plugin' on my Palm Pre. My provider is "o2 - Germany" and I don't know why I can't install the plugin.
    I'm use Windows 7 and this shouldn't do the problem, right?

It's possible to get a "privat" support? :-P

best regards
    Quakeer
    if u want add me on skype osamahum maybe i can help
  4. Ryo
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osamahum View Post
    so now i will run WOQSI, install GNU and ipkg service then preware.. restart, then install the the plug-ins.. is that right?
    .. dont ask me.. dostn work on my pre.. i use jabber transports to have MSN and ICQ on the Pre

But u also need this Qiick Installer:
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...+installer+2.9
    So... I have followed the instructions (hopefully correctly) on my O2 Uk Palm which has 1.3.1 on it.

I go into the messaging app and try to add a new account. I now have loads of new buttons however only Google, Aim and Yahoo have icons or writing. The rest are blank buttons. Did I miss something?

EDIT: Oh and I can't seem to log into my gmail messaging account either. Just keep getting the rotating timer icon

Thanks
    Last edited by spcurtis81; 11/24/2009 at 04:24 PM. Reason: See EDIT
  6.    #1266  
    Hi everyone and welcome to our German Pre owners

For those of you who don't know I am in Australia and I don't own a Pre at all.
    The good news is I finally ordered one last night!

Firstly anyone who had 1.2.2 should uninstall then install 1.2.3. It will not work installing over the top.

OK now for the 1.3.1 GSM troubleshooting.

If you have accounts listed (or even just butttons) and their names and/or icons are missing it means GNU patch is missing. Make sure you have installed the appropiate version. The arm7.ipk version is for the Pre. The i686.ipk version is for the emulator only!

Next make sure Preware is installed. Without it nothing will work.

If all the above is installed reboot and then try installing Messaging Plugins. Again arm7.ipk for the Pre and i686.ipk for the emulator.

Next if you have root access to your Pre preform the following steps.

• Root to your Pre and then run the following command: kill `ps -ef | grep LibpurpleAdapterExt | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'`

• Ignor any errors

• Run
      /usr/bin/LibpurpleAdapterExt

• Stay rooted to your Pre and then login to a plugin.

• You will get a heap of output.

• P.M me the output and remove any sensitive data.

If all above fails P.M me the output of the contents of the file located in /tmp called MessagingPlugins.log

Thanks,
    Greg
  7. Ryo
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    hi greg, and thx.

ok i woulnt.. but ive done it again
    installed it as writte... ok now i see all images on the buttons.. but WLM/MSN still dosn't work in 2G Mode... cannot connect to server
    (Verbindung zum Server konnte nicht hergestellt werden. Versuchen Sie es erneut)
    --------
    Edit: oh wow after
    * Root to your Pre and then run the following command: kill `ps -ef | grep LibpurpleAdapterExt | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'`

* Ignor any errors

* Run
    im logged into MSN!.... WOW
    (ok and changed the PW for the test to "kennwort")
    ---------

After restarting the Pre... cannot login... ok trying the kill command again.

Dammed.. same problem... no login possible...
    -
    Finally... login into WLM takes really long over 2G.. most time too long.
    With Google Talk (where i jabbered MSN into it) it takes about 43s-58s in 2G mode.
    (im not shure but i think witout patching it was faster)
    After GTalk is now logged in i tryed MSN but get a connection error after 13 seconds.
    second try to login into MSN is endloss...

ok at the end i trying now a clean deinstallion of the patch..
    1. remove my accounts
    2. going to WebOS Qick Installer 2.9 Device Management
    3. Remove The Messenger Patch
    4. Restart the Pre automaticly

result: GTalk, AIM and Yahoo is there.
    losing my network connection everytime...

makeing manually restart...
    this fixed network problem
    Trying Gtalk again over 2G. logged in after 1min (Gtalk, MSN/ICQ(over Jabber Transport))
    second login takes 29 seconds
    over W-LAN it takes about 26seconds (and btw. just 2 persons in list online.. one from icq one from msn and the 2 transports (no persons ))
    Last edited by Ryo; 11/24/2009 at 05:42 PM.
  8.    #1268  
    Another thing ill add is after installing the messaging plugins restart and that should help.
    after two days of trials and frustration, i managed to install the plugins successfully and it works like charm! i doctored my pre using the latest doctor from pre, i even made a new profile to sign into my device, i changed the platform from mac to windows (i know this might has nothing to do with my success i just wanted to make sure) and i followed these steps very sequentially with being very strict about it!! i used the latest webos doctor with webos quick install 2.9 which it can be found here Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals then i ran the quick installer, and installed "package manager service" and preware TOGETHER "which can be found at WebOS-Internals Feed (all) " then after installing, i downloaded and installed GNU from "WebOS-Internals Feed (all)" after that i RESTARTED the device, then again from the quick installer, i added the file which why we are all originally here (the plug-in file.. the 5 MB one.. and installed it, took 2 minutes, it rebooted by its own, but to make sure i rebooted it AGAIN.. and wallah! all icons (logos) of the services are visible.. msn, yahoo. gtalk.. everything is singing in.. live is visible and everything is just working like it should be, so here is the deal, if u want this to work, u have to be very careful to follow the proper steps.. for example u can't install the GNU before u install the first two packages.. it would give u an error and etc.. and i guess the restart after installing the GNU is vital, as some other people in this forum mentioned too, i hope this is helpful
    Hey Greg.
    Anytime soon fixing the issues with the plug in 1.2.3? Its not connectiong!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    i am really lost with all the instructions
    how do i actually install msn messenger on my pre..
    sorry im new at this and i dont understand the instructions that much
  12.    #1272  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    Hey Greg.
    Anytime soon fixing the issues with the plug in 1.2.3? Its not connectiong!
    Hi SISGO,

Could you please follow the instructions from 1.3.1 GSM Pre.

Mostly the part around killing LibpurpleAdapterExt and then running it "/usr/bin/LibpurpleAdapterExt" and P.M me the output and also an explaination of whats not working.

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of it.

Thanks,
    Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi SISGO,

Mostly the part around killing LibpurpleAdapterExt and then running it "/usr/bin/LibpurpleAdapterExt" and P.M me the output and also an explaination of whats not working.

Thanks,
    Greg
    doesnt matter if i have palm pre from usa?
  14.    #1274  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    doesnt matter if i have palm pre from usa?
    Hi SISGO,

Nup this will work on any Pre.

Thanks,
    Greg
    Greg I kill the command and the I run the other msn sign in fine for like 2 minutes and then sign out again ... I pm the outputs !

thanks again man!
    Hi SISGO,

Thanks,
    Greg
    Im having the issue where it signed me in the 1st time .. then for whatever reason it decided to sign off, and now I just get the spinning "signing on" but it never connects again - even tried a reboot *sighs* i just want yahoo to work! stupid palm

is the 1. 4 something still available for download .. that one worked perfect for me
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
  17. Ryo
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osamahum View Post
    msn, yahoo. gtalk.. everything is singing in.. live is visible and everything is just working like it should be
    How long takes it to login into WLM/MSN if you use 2G Mode ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
    How long takes it to login into WLM/MSN if you use 2G Mode ?
    well i have a huge list, so it times out i guess, it doesn't log in, but it does to my yahoo IM, but hey, 2g sucks.. even simple browsing times out, maybe if the time-out setting is increased to 90 sec would make a difference rather than 60, but i wouldn't hold my breath, try to shorten ur msn list
  19. Ryo
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    So the answer is NO.
    Ok same here.. with a little List. But MSN within Gtalk works without any Problems.. even Messenging.. Ok Surfing with 2G is really slow.. but not extremely because while one page is loading.. i just read another in the time.. this is Multitaskin.
    Hi everyone and welcome to our German Pre owners

For those of you who don't know I am in Australia and I don't own a Pre at all.
    The good news is I finally ordered one last night!

Firstly anyone who had 1.2.2 should uninstall then install 1.2.3. It will not work installing over the top.

OK now for the 1.3.1 GSM troubleshooting.

If you have accounts listed (or even just butttons) and their names and/or icons are missing it means GNU patch is missing. Make sure you have installed the appropiate version. The arm7.ipk version is for the Pre. The i686.ipk version is for the emulator only!

Next make sure Preware is installed. Without it nothing will work.

If all the above is installed reboot and then try installing Messaging Plugins. Again arm7.ipk for the Pre and i686.ipk for the emulator.

Next if you have root access to your Pre preform the following steps.

• Root to your Pre and then run the following command: kill `ps -ef | grep LibpurpleAdapterExt | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'`

• Ignor any errors

• Run

• Stay rooted to your Pre and then login to a plugin.

• You will get a heap of output.

• P.M me the output and remove any sensitive data.

If all above fails P.M me the output of the contents of the file located in /tmp called MessagingPlugins.log

Thanks,
    Greg
    Hi Greg,

Thanks for the above instructions. I basically removed both the GNU and the plug in from my pre with a view to starting again.

Then I re-istalled the GNU
    Re-started the phone
    Installed the Plug in
    Re-started the phone.

I now see writing on the buttons but no icons and my im can't seem to sign in anymore. Even Gtalk won't sign in now.

Re: rooting the pre etc. I'm not familiar how to do this. Is there a post on how to do this?

Cheers
    Ste