Page 63 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1353585960616263646566676873113 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 2438
    it doesnt work with me too.. i followed the instructions very carefully and doctored the device twice, it installs but it never login, it doesn't even seem to communicate with the internet.. the thing keeps spinning and that's it after i uninstall i see yahoo IM is still there, well it shouldn't bcz the 1.3.1 GSM version doesn't got it, it has only the Gtalk and AIM, and the worse part i can't still login after i uninstall.. plz help ah.. and by the way i also don't c the logo icons of the service (jabber, live.. ) but i c the first three... google, AIM and Yahoo..
    Last edited by osamahum; 11/24/2009 at 08:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by frostea View Post
    I did have the same issue, commented it on the previous page:

I actually had to reset my Pre like 4 or 5 times yesterday in order to get everything working.

Right now everything works to my consent, albeit I'm waiting for WebOSRepairUtility to work with GSM 1.3.1 Pres to fix up some patches that got semi-deinstalled by WOSQI upon trying to install the VirtualKeyboard patch...

Long story short:

Make sure to

1. Download the latest WebOSQuickInstall (2.9 at the time writing)
    2. Install GNU Patch from the WebOS-Internals (Pre) feed
    3. Install IPKG Service from the WebOS-Internals (all) feed
    4. Install Preware from the WebOS-Internals (all) feed

I rebooted at this point, but I don't think it's essentially important... Better rebooting once than resetting, aye?

5. Download the latest version of Messaging Plugins (1.2.3 at the time writing)
    6. Add the ipk file in WOSQI (big, huge, green + Button) and install it.

Note that to the end of install (it does take a while) the Pre is getting reset. Don't worry, that's perfectly fine and also mentioned on page 1. The install seems to be hanging at that point. Don't force quit WOSQI and keep your Pre connected.

Remember to have your Pre plugged in via USB and have it set to Charge Only (nur aufladen).

I have not had any problems following the guide on page 1 (I do study technical documentation, actually...), although a more step-by-steppy guide is more clear for most average users.

I had the no-provider-buttons issue like the first two or three times I installed yesterday, the latter two to three times it worked fine, but I crashed my Pre with other patches - seems there's still a lot of patches quite buggy on 1.3.1...

Enjoy
    Hi.. u live in germany? i do.. what do u mean by (6. Add the ipk file in WOSQI (big, huge, green + Button) and install it) its a bit vague for me, anyway after i installed (twice) and followed the instructions very carefully, i tried to login, but not look, it keeps spinning and spinning... i don't see anything different with ur approach..
    Quote Originally Posted by osamahum View Post
    Hi.. u live in germany? i do.. what do u mean by (6. Add the ipk file in WOSQI (big, huge, green + Button) and install it) its a bit vague for me, anyway after i installed (twice) and followed the instructions very carefully, i tried to login, but not look, it keeps spinning and spinning... i don't see anything different with ur approach..
    Hi, point 6 what you mentioned above just means "put the ipk package in WOSQI and press install" (i hope so ^^)

Der 6. Punkt, den du oben ansprichst, heißt nur "ziehe die ipk Datei in den WebOS Quick Installer und drücke install"

I have a GSM Pre (O2 Germany), too. The same symptoms as described before, but i may have made an mistake not to reboot the device after installing the GNU patch. To be honest, i didn't reboot the device at all starting with installing Preware, ending with installing the messaging package. Furthermore although i already had GNU patch installed (via Preware), i reinstalled it via WOSQI.
    There shouldn't be any difference between the GNU package in Preware and the provided GNU package, but i think it's not the best way installing it twice with different methods. Thus people having Preware already installed should consider the fact Preware is installing the GNU Patch automatically, for instance when you apply a patch.

Ich habe auch ein deutsches GSM Pre. Stelle die selben Symptome fest, die zuvor schon beschrieben wurden, habe allerdings möglicherweise einen Fehler gemacht, da ich von der Installation von Preware bis zur Installation des Messaging Packets kein einziges mal neugestartet habe. Außerdem habe ich den GNU Patch bereits per Preware installiert und ihn dann nochmal über den WOSQI installiert.
    Es sollte zwar keinen Unterschied zwischen dem GNU Patch von Preware und dem geben, der über WOSQI installiert wird. Allerdings denke ich, dass es wohl nicht der beste Weg ist, den selben Patch auf 2 unterschiedliche weisen zu installieren. Das sollte jeder bedenken, der bereits Preware auf seinem Pre installiert hat, da es oft den GNU Patch automatisch installiert, beispielsweise wenn man einen Patch installiert.

Hopefully everything is translated fine

Hoffentlich habe ich alles richtig übersetzt ^^
    okay thanks.. by the way u don't need to translate anyway, i still don't understand your solution so i don't have to install the GNU patch.. just the preware patch thru WOSQI.. and then restart.. then install the package ?
    I just wanted to ensure that everybody will understand clearly, considering that the GSM Pre mostly affects german speaking

You only have not to instal the GNU patch if you already have installed Preware, and as I mentioned it will instal the GNU patch in most cases automatically. Thus if you have Preware already installed on your Pre, check out via Preware under "installed packages" if GNU is alredy installed either. You will find it among "Linux Applications". If you don't find it there, you can instal the GNU package separately with Preware, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by salomo926 View Post
    I just wanted to ensure that everybody will understand clearly, considering that the GSM Pre mostly affects german speaking

You only have not to instal the GNU patch if you already have installed Preware, and as I mentioned it will instal the GNU patch in most cases automatically. Thus if you have Preware already installed on your Pre, check out via Preware under "installed packages" if GNU is alredy installed either. You will find it among "Linux Applications". If you don't find it there, you can instal the GNU package separately with Preware, too.
    well my friend, i am resetting my pre again! and i want to try your method!, by the way, do you see the icons (logos) of the other plug-ins (jabber, icq, live...) on the adding account list?
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi jtorres,

Instructions are on the first page. I know they are long but this is a complicated patch.

First if your installing on your Pre you need the IPK files labeled ...arm.ipk
    If you are installing on the emulator you need i686.ipk

Before installing you need GNU Patch.
    Pre
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....9-3_armv7.ipk

Emulator
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...5.9-3_i686.ipk

Install the above file with Quick Install.

Once thats installed install Preware (if you don't already have it) from Index of /

Download the Jar file for Linux, MAC or Windows. Or .exe for Windows.

Lastly install the plugins using Quick Install. Download below.

Pre
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll/org....2.3_armv7.ipk

Emulator
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll/org...1.2.3_i686.ipk

Hope this helps,
    Greg
    Greg,
    That is actually what I had done, Ialready had GNU patch from b4, but i still went ahead and installed it thru QI, seems to have gone in no error, then tried the same for the messaging file, but when I click install on WebOSQI I get an error of ipkg: Archive truncated, although when i click to cose the error the file dissapears from the list on QI....?
    "Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off"
    i just installed 1.2.3 over the 1.2.2 and still have the problem with aim, yahoo and msn ... when i lost internet my accounts sign out and dont sign in again .
    I have to erase the accounts and add them back to make them work!
    well my friend, i am resetting my pre again! and i want to try your method!, by the way, do you see the icons (logos) of the other plug-ins (jabber, icq, live...) on the adding account list?
    No, unfortunately I can't see the service icons.
    i do also have webos 1.3.1 on a german palm pre at o2...
    no problems with the install and everything working fine
    just followed the instructions
    SISGO, that's what is happening to me. I can sign into Yahoo IM successfully one time. After that I have to delete my account and set it on up again.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by maxdrive10; 11/24/2009 at 01:32 PM.
    Former Centro, Treo 700P, Treo 600, Tungsten T, M505 and PalmIII user...currently a Pre owner.
    Quote Originally Posted by neep View Post
    i do also have webos 1.3.1 on a german palm pre at o2...
    no problems with the install and everything working fine
    just followed the instructions
    really???? man why its not working with me.. i wish someone could helP me.. i am following the instructions to the letter.. if anyone here can help.. plz add me to msn ohumeid@live.de and i will be very thankul
  13. gTh
    Quote Originally Posted by salomo926 View Post
    No, unfortunately I can't see the service icons.
    I got them!
    And looks like its workin too. It's still spinnin "Anmelden" but I logoff from my computer msn and I also received messages on the pre already. I hope its loading that long just because of my huge contact list.
    I followed the instructions the page before after I doctored my Pre. Only difference was that I installed the Package Service before the GNU Patch.

UPDATE: It Works Perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by gTh View Post
    I got them!
    And looks like its workin too. It's still spinnin "Anmelden" but I logoff from my computer msn and I also received messages on the pre already. I hope its loading that long just because of my huge contact list.
    I followed the instructions the page before after I doctored my Pre. Only difference was that I installed the Package Service before the GNU Patch.

UPDATE: It Works Perfect
    i am in germany, and it doesnt work.. i dont get, i tried everything i wasted two days on this now.. anybody.. help!!
  15. gTh
    i am in germany, and it doesnt work.. i dont get, i tried everything i wasted two days on this now.. anybody.. help!!
    Hab auch ein deutsches palm pre. hab auch 2 Tage versucht. Probier es mal auch mit dem Neustart und so wie beschrieben auf der seite vorher.
    Quote Originally Posted by gTh View Post
    Hab auch ein deutsches palm pre. hab auch 2 Tage versucht. Probier es mal auch mit dem Neustart und so wie beschrieben auf der seite vorher.
    das ist genau was auch probiert habe.. aber leider ohne Erflolg.. ich mach es jetzt für das dirtte mal!! und ich muss es erstmal auf 1.1.3 zurücksetzen und upgaden.. das dauert ewig lange
  17. Ryo
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    i can't still login after i uninstall.. plz help ah.. and by the way i also don't c the logo icons of the service (jabber, live.. ) but i c the first three... google, AIM and Yahoo..
    yeah yeah same here.. thats why i had to make a new Flash on the WebOS and using WLM/MSN and ICQ over Jabber to Google Talk.

Still tooo Buggy this Alpha version

oh btw...
    Du kannst WebOS 1.3.1 O2 Version direkt runterladen du musst nicht 1.1.3 flashen und auf 1.3.1 updaten sondern kannst so direkt auf 1.3.1 flashen!
  18. cvp
    @frostea
    Thanks its working with 3G
    (joo vielen dank funktioniert wunderbar mit deiner Anleitung!)
    Haufen weise Clients dabei! MSN & ICQ Funktioniert!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
    yeah yeah same here.. thats why i had to make a new Flash on the WebOS and using WLM/MSN and ICQ over Jabber to Google Talk.

Still tooo Buggy this Alpha version

oh btw...
    Du kannst WebOS 1.3.1 O2 Version direkt runterladen du musst nicht 1.1.3 flashen und auf 1.3.1 updaten sondern kannst so direkt auf 1.3.1 flashen!
    echt? und wie mach ich das???
  20. Ryo
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    OT:

so:
    Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

passende jar raussuchen. Runderladen, starten... usw... fertig