Page 62 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1252575859606162636465666772112 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 2438
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenalrule View Post
    this just gives me a page of jibberish:
    Code:
    !<arch>
    debian-binary/  1258712480  0     0     100644  4         `
    data.tar.gz/    1258712480  0     0     100644  5621886   `
    ‹�žmK�Z|y“V6^?Y=|:N’eɐ02zK<nuZg[PJ HR /šHH“L	*’i3†�‘m@€7;t–˜߯rF3}3ž3;K Žž~͢Zƒ†`u‚
    ƒ@i:�R–*šŠa…ŽD?ԥ,Q?XjϱL=†>p†š›>‡›,•PC†Əa—Go†`G0}ڨa	[3j
    5Rz"إšGFa745†3o
    RˆZ
     ԁŸ̢bŸh]t‡!›R9VUl‰5xsK"˰uwuzz„>Yv6ʹt#ѪeDVO[R
    k
    9,›šjk‘MŽ•TBæaMX”D8P]UDm{LV…;nԢ• yxg€j**=1vEFõ{›'‹~56R	š…
    etc.

how do I download/install this?
    cheers
    Dont worry, I right clicked, downloaded (its about 5mb) then installed and it works
    Had to update Preware and IPKG services first though

cheers

EDIT:
    Live is not in my list
    This post says:
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Ok I think I got Live to work.

I installed the Plugins and then rebooted the phone.

In the list I did not see Live there.

I ran the command from the first page:

sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh InstallPlugin Live

And then rebooted the phone and was able to see Live.

I setup the account.
    But how do you run that command?
    Thanks
    Last edited by arsenalrule; 11/23/2009 at 03:26 PM.
    Hm, I just accidently used org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9-3_i686.ipk on my pre...
    Does it do anything? there was no error or anything and i can't find a way to remove it...
    Dont worry, I right clicked, downloaded (its about 5mb) then installed and it works
    Had to update Preware and IPKG services first though

cheers

EDIT:
    Live is not in my list
    This post says:

But how do you run that command?
    Thanks

to run the commando use webos quick install go to tools i think and go to command line and then write that command and enter listo!
    Quote Originally Posted by pppp666 View Post
    hallo,

ich habe 1.3.1 O2

habe preware, Gui Service, Terminal Installiert

und natrlich das plugin aber ich habe trotzdem nur Google & AIM

habe dev mode on und per webos Quick Install 2.6 Installiert.

wer kann mir helfen.

Mfg

Rouven
    Probier mal WebOS Quick Install 2.9.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    how is working 1.2.3???... i cant sign in no more with 1.2.2 get stuck in signing in and then go offline!
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    to run the commando use webos quick install go to tools i think and go to command line and then write that command and enter listo!
    thanks, that makes it show up
    but doesnt seem to want to sign in
    thanks, that makes it show up
    but doesnt seem to want to sign in
    the same here with 1.2.2 i have to erase the account and add account again to work , but i soon i lost internet doesnt sign in again....
    New version works great! No hangs when signing in. Can sign in to multiple accounts without issue.

thanks,
    Coz
    on Palm Pre GSM o2 Germany, with 1.3.1, install of patch hanged.
    installed messaging services anyway, i see the providers (no icons), add live account, but then i can't login (noerrors but never logins)
  10. gTh
    Quote Originally Posted by lorenzo.ds View Post
    installed messaging services anyway, i see the providers (no icons), add live account, but then i can't login (noerrors but never logins)
    Same here
    Won't LogIn
    I checked the jar file
    No entries in the stylesheets for the icons
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Same here (GSM Pre from O2 Germany). I was able to install the patch normally thru WebOS QuickInstall. I can see the icons but I can't log on to Yahoo, it just goes into an endless "Signing In..." display.

Can anyone help us get the messaging online?

Sigh..
  12. Ryo
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CheshireFrog View Post
    Probier mal WebOS Quick Install 2.9.
    Wo kann ich das finden? / where can i get it?
    ok found: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ll-v2-9-a.html

Was den Messenger angeht.. zu Buggy.. Facebook geht nicht wirklich... MSN hat bisher in 2G nie geklappt (never ending login). Ist noch zu Fehlerhaft.
    Leider.
    Last edited by Ryo; 11/23/2009 at 05:36 PM.
    I cant even get the damn thing installed, lack of detailed insturctions on how to do so.

All I have done is downloded the file, add it to WebOSQI, load it onto the phone, then open linux command lien and enter the install command and get this for every messaging app i run the command for: sh: can't open /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh

Originally I downloaded the ipk ound on the 1st post on this thread, today I downloaded the new one that was posted earlier yesterday and when I click install on WebOSQI I get an error of ipkg: Archive truncated

Man, the best thing to do is buy a phone, and use it out of the box without all these headaches.

Greg, any thoughts?
    "Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off"
    I finally got it installed. Everything is working fine now. I wish there was a version that just gave us Messenger live, though. That's all I really want/need. =)

Thanks for the good patch, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
    New version works great! No hangs when signing in. Can sign in to multiple accounts without issue.

thanks,
    Coz
    did you install 1.2.3 ? And its working fine?
  16.    #1236  
    Quote Originally Posted by jtorres View Post
    I cant even get the damn thing installed, lack of detailed insturctions on how to do so.

All I have done is downloded the file, add it to WebOSQI, load it onto the phone, then open linux command lien and enter the install command and get this for every messaging app i run the command for: sh: can't open /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh

Originally I downloaded the ipk ound on the 1st post on this thread, today I downloaded the new one that was posted earlier yesterday and when I click install on WebOSQI I get an error of ipkg: Archive truncated

Man, the best thing to do is buy a phone, and use it out of the box without all these headaches.

Greg, any thoughts?
    Hi jtorres,

Instructions are on the first page. I know they are long but this is a complicated patch.

First if your installing on your Pre you need the IPK files labeled ...arm.ipk
    If you are installing on the emulator you need i686.ipk

Before installing you need GNU Patch.
    Pre
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....9-3_armv7.ipk

Emulator
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...5.9-3_i686.ipk

Install the above file with Quick Install.

Once thats installed install Preware (if you don't already have it) from Index of /

Download the Jar file for Linux, MAC or Windows. Or .exe for Windows.

Lastly install the plugins using Quick Install. Download below.

Pre
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll/org....2.3_armv7.ipk

Emulator
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll/org...1.2.3_i686.ipk

Hope this helps,
    Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi jtorres,

Instructions are on the first page. I know they are long but this is a complicated patch.

Pre

Emulator

Once thats installed install Preware (if you don't already have it) from Index of /

Pre

Emulator

Hope this helps,
    Greg
    Hi Greg ... Page 1 really is not that clear that you need to download the 2.5 file and the 1.2.3 file - or that you have to right click to save the links .. ive been trying for days and days .. 1st I was only installing the 2.5 file and nothing worked .. and when I saw new updates being posted I was only getting that screen of jibberish until someone else tonight posted above to right click and save

but YAY now for the 1st time since upgrade I has yahoo again!! THANKS!!!
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
  18. Ryo
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Still dosnt work....
    (see screenshot... and it cuts off W-LAN.. whyever)

i think this was my last try before everyone else says that it has no problems.

And Deinstallation seems not working correcty.... cannot sign in after done it.
    ... so its not possibe to deinstall it clean... need do WebDoctor it again to 1.3.1...
    Oh and.. MSN is now Missing (Because the 2G bug or why?!...)
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi jtorres,

Pre

Emulator

Pre

Emulator

Hope this helps,
    Greg
    OH YES.. its working.. Im now using icq! :-)
    I did have the same issue, commented it on the previous page:

I actually had to reset my Pre like 4 or 5 times yesterday in order to get everything working.

Right now everything works to my consent, albeit I'm waiting for WebOSRepairUtility to work with GSM 1.3.1 Pres to fix up some patches that got semi-deinstalled by WOSQI upon trying to install the VirtualKeyboard patch...

Long story short:

Make sure to

1. Download the latest WebOSQuickInstall (2.9 at the time writing)
    2. Install GNU Patch from the WebOS-Internals (Pre) feed
    3. Install IPKG Service from the WebOS-Internals (all) feed
    4. Install Preware from the WebOS-Internals (all) feed

I rebooted at this point, but I don't think it's essentially important... Better rebooting once than resetting, aye?

5. Download the latest version of Messaging Plugins (1.2.3 at the time writing)
    6. Add the ipk file in WOSQI (big, huge, green + Button) and install it.

Note that to the end of install (it does take a while) the Pre is getting reset. Don't worry, that's perfectly fine and also mentioned on page 1. The install seems to be hanging at that point. Don't force quit WOSQI and keep your Pre connected.

Remember to have your Pre plugged in via USB and have it set to Charge Only (nur aufladen).

I have not had any problems following the guide on page 1 (I do study technical documentation, actually...), although a more step-by-steppy guide is more clear for most average users.

I had the no-provider-buttons issue like the first two or three times I installed yesterday, the latter two to three times it worked fine, but I crashed my Pre with other patches - seems there's still a lot of patches quite buggy on 1.3.1...

Enjoy
    Last edited by frostea; 11/24/2009 at 05:19 AM. Reason: added installation note