Page 60 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1050555657585960616263646570110 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 2438
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Still can't solve this, I read in another thread that even though you erase your profile the applications you purchase still come back?

If that is true, I don't really want this to happen either.

So I guess I have to create a new profile?

Rob
    You don't erase your profile, you erase your backups. The profile still exists on the server, and still knows what you purchased.
    Ok, I think I have it solved!

I did post a new message thread but in the end, used a new email account and that did the trick.

The problem was that indeed it was installing my purchased apps, but in my case until I install Preware, there wasn't enough room to install all those apps. Only some of them came back anyway.

I wanted to be able to test out the Messaging Plugins with a totally clean WebOS and Pre.

Then I can put back everything.

So with the new email account it created a totally new Profile and did not restore anything.

Now I'm just about finished getting Preware installed so I get the app partition issue fixed (that Fair Dunk thing is built into Preware now).

I'm going to install the Messaging Plugins and see if I can have LIVE working.

And again, after that I can install everything back and go back to the old Profile.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Ok I think I got Live to work.

I installed the Plugins and then rebooted the phone.

In the list I did not see Live there.

I ran the command from the first page:

sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh InstallPlugin Live

And then rebooted the phone and was able to see Live.

I setup the account.

I sent a message to a friend but not sure if he is online or now, so I'm not sure if he got it or not.

Wish I had someone to test it out with me.

I'm with my gamertag... 'powerconduit@live.com'

Maybe someone here can send a message so I can test out the receive message.

The 'sign-on' thing spun a little but it finally stopped and showed as 'available'.

I have not tested signing out and then back in again.

Rob

PS Now I think I will get my old Palm Profile back.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

4.    #1184  
    Hi guys,

Here you go. Please note this is a testing release. As such you will find the links in a testing directory. Let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Fixes
    =====
    Fixed all plugins that require server settings
    Made some changes for QQ it may work?
    Added a appinfo.json file so mvapp may now work
    Added more robust database removal (Nay even fix database installation)
    Fixed Yahoo working after removal of plugins

Downloads

Palm Pre
    ========
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll/Tes....2.3_armv7.ipk

Emulator
    ========
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll/Tes...1.2.3_i686.ipk

Next version I will work on moving everything from / and keep it on /var.
    Half the work is already done it just needs to be fully implimented.

Greg
    thank you ,Greg. I'll test the qq.Waiting my good news
    sorry, waiting for my good news.
    Hi, Greg

Please read my new private message about qq plugin.thanks.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Is Yahoo working now with the plugin?

I tried all tips I found, but nothing worked. Also 1.0.4 was not working for me.. Have a nearly fresh 1.3.1 and would be great to get Yahoo working..
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi guys,

Here you go. Please note this is a testing release. As such you will find the links in a testing directory. Let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Fixes
    =====
    Fixed all plugins that require server settings
    Made some changes for QQ it may work?
    Added a appinfo.json file so mvapp may now work
    Added more robust database removal (Nay even fix database installation)
    Fixed Yahoo working after removal of plugins

Downloads

Palm Pre
    ========
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll/Tes....2.3_armv7.ipk

Emulator
    ========
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll/Tes...1.2.3_i686.ipk

Next version I will work on moving everything from / and keep it on /var.
    Half the work is already done it just needs to be fully implimented.

Greg
    does this work with patches installed?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Greg: I attempted to install your test version of the plugins but I ran up against the root file system being busy after a luna restart. As I suspected the installation was corrupted. It seems that the file messaging-constants.jsjsjs $was$ $not$ $created$ $because$ $I$ $do$ $not$ $see$ $any$ $icons$ $associated$ $with$ $the$ $plugins$. $The$ $plugins$ $work$ $fine$ $as$ $far$ $as$ $I$ $can$ $tell$. $All$ $of$ $the$ $images$ $are$ $there$. $Where$ $does$ $this$ $file$ $get$ $created$ $or$ $can$ $you$ $send$ $me$ $a$ $copy$ $of$ $it$?

EDIT: Nevermind. The file was in /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/. Not where your previous message stated. All of the services are listed in the file. I was able to add a Live account. I could not remove a service. I ran the uninstall script and it completed successfully, but the service still appeared in the app. It also was still in the database when I tried to add it again. Something did not get initialized in the database correctly or whatever. I still have 5.4 MB left in / so I can't figure out why I am getting that busy message for mounting /dev/mapper/store-root.

I can't wait until your next version when you move things to /var.

Thanks,
    Mark
    Last edited by milliman; 11/20/2009 at 12:13 PM.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Tried Yahoo. It is signing in once, after disconnect or set the status to offline, it is not connecting anymore. Have to reenter the Yahoo details to sign in again..
    Quote Originally Posted by brasax View Post
    Tried Yahoo. It is signing in once, after disconnect or set the status to offline, it is not connecting anymore. Have to reenter the Yahoo details to sign in again..
    My used to login the first time credentials were entered but it won't even do that now... Signing In just keeps spinning now.....
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Tried Jabber again after installing latest version. Continue to receive, "Could not connect to the server. Try again." The server I am connecting to requires TLS which I selected (and copied certificate to /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/libpurple/certificates/x509/tls_peers directory). I am not sure what to look for in /var/log/messages to help aid in troubleshooting. It didn't spin like before and at least gave me an error. I didn't test anything else as jabber is my primary IM for communication.
    Curious to hear if anyone moves it with mvapp and if they have success and everything functions normally afterwards. I'd be the guinea pig but I went through so much turmoil to finally get everything working just right the last week that I'm scared to upgrade haha.
  15.    #1195  
    Quote Originally Posted by pre_nc View Post
    My used to login the first time credentials were entered but it won't even do that now... Signing In just keeps spinning now.....
    Hi,

Try logging on with just your yahoo name and also with your email address and see if either help. I believe now their is synagy that may be having an effect.

Also if you have root access log out of every thing, root to your phone then run the following two commands

kill `ps -ef | grep LibpurpleAdapterExt | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'`
    then
    /usr/bin/LibpurpleAdapterExt

then stay rooted to your phone and try and login. If it works log out and try and login again. Once it breaks P.M me the output and we can debug.

Thanks,
    Greg
    root@castle: kill `ps -ef | grep LibpurpleAdapterExt | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'`
    sh: you need to specify whom to kill
    root@castle: /usr/bin/LibpurpleAdapterExt

Tried signing in again but just a spinning 'Signing In' and no further output in the Terminal session....

I have to note that when I install your latest Messaging Plugin, I got a few Error Dialogs in WOSQI during the installation of the package (Error 11 and Error 12)... Not sure what the problem was but I see all the messaging types in Messaging when I go to setup the Yahoo Acct.

UPDATE: LibpurpleAdapterExt is 0Bytes and / (rootfs) is 100% full (2236 blocks free).
    Last edited by pre_nc; 11/20/2009 at 11:23 PM.
    any luck on qq?
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Greg

i just loaded your messaging plugin and had some errors during the install but i don't seem to be having problems with logging into Office Communicator... I see people logged in....BUT....the username on the messaging app shows as sip:username or sip:username@domain.com. Is this why the contacts presence is showing up on the email application?
    I couldn't install your plugin =( It's broken. I got an error during install.
    I also couldn't install is. This is the error message I got. Appreciate all you hard work.
    Attached Images Attached Images