Page 57 of 122 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267107 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 2438
  1.    #1121  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    So gad you posted that! That was it! I removed my Google Talk IM account and now MSN signs in no problem and doesn't get stuck anymore. It is definitely a bug related to Google Talk! Doesn't hurt me though as I have only 1 friend on Google Talk anyway. :P

Update: Well, it signs on all the way now just fine but it still locks up when I click Offline and seems to get stuck signing off.. also, it is signing in automatically after every reboot now and it never used to do this before on older versions right?

Update 2: it even locks up when trying to change the status to Busy. I see it change to orange in the background but that popup box with the 3 status's won't disappear afterwards..

Hi volcom45,

You are right version 1.2.2 will be out very shortly which should resolve this.

Thanks,
    Greg
  2.    #1122  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    hey greg i know ur really busy....and i know i might not get a response anytime soon but i have a problem installing the plugins..i get this http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2042644 then when i uninstall the boxes stay there but with no names...but when its installed and i sign in...never signs in..is there a way in deleting those boxes...i even tried the linux command to remove manually but still doesnt work
    Hi Juan,

I would reinstall then check the following two files
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.47/stylesheets/global-iconography.css
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.47/stylesheets/global-widget-addressing.css

In both those files there should be an entry like "/images/accounts/jabber-32x32.png"

If thats ok then in /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.47/images/accounts
    there should be files like:
    jabber-32x32.png
    icq-32x32.png
    etc, etc

UPDATE:
    Also /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/transports should contain
    messenger_transport_splitter.png
    messenger-logo.pnpg
    etc etc

and

Also /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/messaging-constants.jsjsjs $should$ $contain$

'live': {
    className: 'live',
    iconPath: 'images/transports/transport-messenger-32x32.png',
    smallIcon: 'images/transports/messenger_transport_splitter.png',
    largeIcon: 'images/transports/messenger-logo.png',
    title: $L('Live Messenger'),
    displayName: $L('Live Messenger'),
    secondaryDisplayName: $L('Messenger')
    },

etc etc

Also if the above is ok I wuld be interested in the output of
    sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh RemovePlugin Live

Let me know how you go,
    Thanks
    Greg
    Last edited by greg_roll; 11/18/2009 at 04:04 AM.
  3.    #1123  
    Here it is.

This can be applied over 1.2.x only. Remove 1.1 and below before installing.
    GNU Patch must be installed first.

FIXES:

• Gtalk should now work
    • QQ May now work and the username is now passed correctly

Links
    Pre...
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//or....2.2_armv7.ipk

Emulator...
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//or...1.2.2_i686.ipk

Thanks,
    Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi Juan,

I would reinstall then check the following two files
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.47/stylesheets/global-iconography.css
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.47/stylesheets/global-widget-addressing.css

In both those files there should be an entry like "/images/accounts/jabber-32x32.png"

If thats ok then in /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.47/images/accounts
    there should be files like:
    jabber-32x32.png
    icq-32x32.png
    etc, etc

UPDATE:
    Also /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/images/transports should contain
    messenger_transport_splitter.png
    messenger-logo.pnpg
    etc etc

and

Also /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/messaging-constants.jsjsjs $should$ $contain$

'live': {
    className: 'live',
    iconPath: 'images/transports/transport-messenger-32x32.png',
    smallIcon: 'images/transports/messenger_transport_splitter.png',
    largeIcon: 'images/transports/messenger-logo.png',
    title: $L('Live Messenger'),
    displayName: $L('Live Messenger'),
    secondaryDisplayName: $L('Messenger')
    },

etc etc

Also if the above is ok I wuld be interested in the output of
    sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh RemovePlugin Live

Let me know how you go,
    Thanks
    Greg
    no need for any of that anymore, i doctored my phone.
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

hi~greg

after install 1.22 version,QQ still can't work
    show:Username or pasword is invalid.Try again.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Is it just my install of the new version 1.22 or is MSN now missing? Hopefully its just me...

Edit:

Just reinstalled and working fine now... definitely a bad install on my part!

Great work again Greg!
    Last edited by reconboy; 11/18/2009 at 11:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi volcom45,

You are right version 1.2.2 will be out very shortly which should resolve this.

Thanks,
    Greg
    Hi Greg,

Well you fixed the Google Talk bug, it signs on correctly now, but unfortunately, both Google Talk and MSN still freeze up when I try to Sign off. I'll click Sign Off, and it'll just hang there with the Available, Busy, Sign Off popup across the screen. If I close the messaging app and re-open it, they are still signed on. So, I have to actually sign into MSN on my computer to get it offline on my phone, and I'm not sure how to get Google offline now.
    Thanks for your hard work man!

Update: It also signs in automatically after every phone reboot as well as now, I make a phonecall and once I hangup, it signs in afterwards. It never used to do this before..
    Last edited by volcom45; 11/18/2009 at 11:30 AM.
    Greg: Great response fixing the Google Talk problem. I had to remove and install 3 times before it started working properly. It didn't install over the top properly. I guess third time is a charm. There must have been some strange interaction with the database going on.

Unlike Angelina up there, I do not have a problem logging off of all services with the button. I tried to connect and disconnect multiple times and it worked every time. I am confident that your patch is now working properly. I don't doubt that he is having problems because during my first two installs I could not connect to ANY service.
    Quote Originally Posted by milliman View Post
    Greg: Great response fixing the Google Talk problem. I had to remove and install 3 times before it started working properly. It didn't install over the top properly. I guess third time is a charm. There must have been some strange interaction with the database going on.

Unlike Angelina up there, I do not have a problem logging off of all services with the button. I tried to connect and disconnect multiple times and it worked every time. I am confident that your patch is now working properly. I don't doubt that he is having problems because during my first two installs I could not connect to ANY service.
    Hehe, well, I guess I might have to do that, was trying to avoid having to re-link my 30+ msn contacts again :P but if it requires a fresh install, thats what I'll do!
    My Live contacts never disappeared. They were still listed in the contact. When I finally connected successfully on all services all contacts were still there. Good Luck. Your mileage may vary.
    My Live contacts never disappeared. They were still listed in the contact. When I finally connected successfully on all services all contacts were still there. Good Luck. Your mileage may vary.
    And you were completely removing the messaging plugin wtih Quick Install or what? Or did you just upgrade over itself all 3 times?

Did you remove the MSN account before removing the messaging plugins? Or did you just remove plugins while MSN account was already setup? Maybe thats how you kept all your contacts.. I might give that a try..
    Last edited by volcom45; 11/18/2009 at 02:17 PM.
    I initially had a problem when installing 1.20. I was using 1.04, which worked well (all I'm interested in is Live Messenger), but after installing 1.20 Live Messenger didn't show up in the account list. If anyone else has experienced this, I reinstalled 1.20 a couple of times, and Live finally showed up. Not sure what the issue was, but it did eventually work.

I'll be upgrading to the newest version once I get home today, as I was also having the issue with GTalk not logging in under 1.20. I do have one question though; are we able to link our Live Messenger contacts yet? Or will this still cause problems? ie. Not being able to edit the contact afterwards, etc.

Finally, thanks for this plugin, Live Messenger was one of the things I've been missing from my old phone And since Yahoo IM is not available on Bell, the Yahoo option is also appreciated.
    this latest ver sounds like it fxed alot.

can someone confirm AIM, GTALK, MSN, and YAHOO (ALL) logging on at the same time + auto relogin after phone call and restart working properly??

(the default messaging handles the auto reconnect well)
    I was using 1.0.3 messaging and when I removed it (prior to updating to WebOS 1.3.1) the Live messenger contacts remained on my Pre. If I reinstall the later version which is 1.2.2, will my LIve Messenger contacts duplicate themselves or will they just go active with Messenger (i.e. not duplicating the already listed Live contacts on my Pre)?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    I was using 1.0.3 messaging and when I removed it (prior to updating to WebOS 1.3.1) the Live messenger contacts remained on my Pre. If I reinstall the later version which is 1.2.2, will my LIve Messenger contacts duplicate themselves or will they just go active with Messenger (i.e. not duplicating the already listed Live contacts on my Pre)?
    Did you remove the MSN account from messaging before removing 1.0.3 messaging plugings? Or did you just remove plugins while MSN account still existed? Trying to figure out how some of you are keeping your msn contacts..
    Did you remove the MSN account from messaging before removing 1.0.3 messaging plugings? Or did you just remove plugins while MSN account still existed? Trying to figure out how some of you are keeping your msn contacts..
    Did not remove my MSN account, I only removed the plugin.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    And you were completely removing the messaging plugin wtih Quick Install or what? Or did you just upgrade over itself all 3 times?

Did you remove the MSN account before removing the messaging plugins? Or did you just remove plugins while MSN account was already setup? Maybe thats how you kept all your contacts.. I might give that a try..
    The first time I installed the plugins over 1.2.1. The second time I removed the Google Talk and Live accounts then removed the plugins via WebOS QI. Luna restarted and I used WOQI to reinstall the plugins. I got the same result with the spinning login. I repeated the procedure I did the second time and added the accounts again. My contacts came back and I was able to connect successfully.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    1.2.2 works perfectly for me but i have to do a silly question maybe.

Why this plugins is not on preware so we could know every update in real time?
    Preware see this as unkown :|
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mplutodh1 View Post
    So I've read quite a bit of this thread but curious - do I need to uninstall this (the original plugin or associated items) if I want to upgrade to WebOS 1.3.1? Or am I safe to upgrade? I'm running just some homebrew apps and this plugin - but nothing else (no themes, patches - that I'm aware of).

thanks

Anyone?
  20. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    How did you do this, what version.

I tried 1.2.0 and I got the blank buttons.

Then I tried 1.0.4 after uninstalling 1.2.0 using WEBOSQI 2.9

Rob
    I used v1.2.2. Not sure how it worked so well, but it did!