Page 55 of 122 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455565758596065105 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 2438
    damn...now i got a bunch of blank boxes...doesnt work when i install or when i uninstall the plugins...just gives me blank boxes....w.e i guess till 1.3.1 doctor comes out ill doctor but for now im not doctoring takes toooo long
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

2. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pre_X View Post
    Depend on the browser but can be resume at "Right-click" -> "Save As"

* In answer to reply #1075
    I tried that, but it says "Save Link As". Isn't it supposed to be a file?

Forget it! That WAS really dumb question...I should've known the answer. I'm downloading it via WebOS QI. Hopefully it'll work. But as we speak, a whole bunch of errors are coming up. I don't think I"ll be on Live anytime soon.
    Last edited by k8e; 11/17/2009 at 10:38 AM.
  3. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Wow! Now I have:

- Live
    - Jabber
    - IRC
    -Sametime
    - Novell Groupwise
    - QQ

And they all show up instead of blank buttons!! Now I'll just have to see if I can login to Live. I don't use any of the others, but I'll leave them in case I ever do.
  4. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Wow! Now I have:

- Live
    - Jabber
    - IRC
    -Sametime
    - Novell Groupwise
    - QQ

And they all show up instead of blank buttons!! Now I'll just have to see if I can login to Live. I don't use any of the others, but I'll leave them in case I ever do.
  5. k8e
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I was able to log into Live just fine Lovin it!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    y do my plugins look like this?

Update...ive installed the same plugins so many times...even tried to go back to 1.0.4 still the plugins look like this and when i try to manually remove a plugin...nothing happens

Update 2: then when i remove 1.2.1 i just get all the boxes but with no names

Update 3: is there a way to remove those extra boxes? without having to doctor...i dont feel like doctoring to 1.2.1 and then update to 1.3.1
    Well, that seems to be an issue with the AccountType/AccountTypeService tables in the /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabases.db3 database. If you are familiar with SQL at all then you could go to the linux shell and use sqlite3 to manually delete these.

I particularly found this to happen when I was uninstalling the plugins and was getting an SQL error caused by a trigger that was fired on the attempted delete of the Account/AccountType/AccountTypeService (I forget which, but I think it was multiple, at least at one point). Apparently the primary key (id) for these tables was 'reused' to utilize ids that matched previously deleted entries. Additionally, there are triggers which are fired on a DELETE which inserts values into a *_sync_delete table with the values being deleted - which, when the reused ids are attempted to be inserted it causes a unique key violation.

If you don't feel comfortable cleaning up those tables yourself, I suppose I could try to write something that could clean it up for you.
    We have to use the 2.5.9 upgrade as before?
  8. Ryo
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HansW View Post
    but icq is missing.
    AIM = ICQ

Versuch also einfach deine ICQ Nummer in AIM einzugeben
    Soferns läuft...

Aber andere Frage... geht MSN/WLM bei dir im 2G Modus Unterwegs?

Ich komm da einfach nicht rein bei 2G... bei 3G schon W-LAN auch
    Has anyone tried ICQ with the 1.2.1 messaging plugin?
    At first everything seems ok - account creation works and I can connect, receive my buddy list etc.

When I now disconnect and try to reconnect again, it switches from 'Trying to connect' back to 'Offline' in about 5 seconds, no connection is possible. The only option to solve this is to remove the ICQ account and re-create it again. Now the first connect works again, but afterwards it's broken as described above.

Anyone with an ICQ account can confirm this behaviour on WebOS 1.3.1 with Messaging Plugin 1.2.1?

Edit: Also tested using the AIM plugin with my ICQ number. It shows the same behaviour (works only right after creating the account, not after a reconnect).
    Last edited by wonder; 11/17/2009 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Added AIM test case
    Quote Originally Posted by k8e View Post
    Ok...how is everyone using the link? I click on it (for Pre) and it opens another window with a bunch of jibber-jabber. How do I get this on my Pre? Sorry if this is a dumb question....still learning.
    Firefox doesn't handle it correctly, use IE.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by k8e View Post
    Wow! Now I have:

- Live
    - Jabber
    - IRC
    -Sametime
    - Novell Groupwise
    - QQ

How did you do this, what version.

I tried 1.2.0 and I got the blank buttons.

Then I tried 1.0.4 after uninstalling 1.2.0 using WEBOSQI 2.9

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Hmm, well it initially connected fine, but now I have this weird thing where anytime I click on the Offline circle and choose Online, it'll lockup and that Online, Busy, Offline box won't go away. I reboot the phone and it auto signs onto MSN but it continuously shows an endless spinning "Connecting"" status above it. Then, if I try to sign out and choose Offline, it locks on that screen again as well. Anyone else experiencing this? Maybe I should try upgrading 1.2.0 over itself...
    Which is the latest version of the ipk for the Pre that works with WebOS 1.3.1? 2.5.9-3?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Well, I just tried 1.2.1 and although all the icons are there with there pictures.

I tried to setup LIVE and it just keeps saying 'signing in' and doesn't stop.

This what I got before.

I'm not sure if it's worth doctoring my phone to see if that fixes that problem.

I guess I'll wait until someone verifies that its really working.

I can wait.

I know all the developers are working hard on getting everything to work with 1.3.1.

Why does Palm have to keep changing things so that all the Homebrew developers have to keep re-writing everything over and over again.

Is Palm doing this to mess with Homebrew?

I don't really believe that statement of course!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Quote Originally Posted by sombraala View Post
    Well, that seems to be an issue with the AccountType/AccountTypeService tables in the /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabases.db3 database. If you are familiar with SQL at all then you could go to the linux shell and use sqlite3 to manually delete these.

I particularly found this to happen when I was uninstalling the plugins and was getting an SQL error caused by a trigger that was fired on the attempted delete of the Account/AccountType/AccountTypeService (I forget which, but I think it was multiple, at least at one point). Apparently the primary key (id) for these tables was 'reused' to utilize ids that matched previously deleted entries. Additionally, there are triggers which are fired on a DELETE which inserts values into a *_sync_delete table with the values being deleted - which, when the reused ids are attempted to be inserted it causes a unique key violation.

If you don't feel comfortable cleaning up those tables yourself, I suppose I could try to write something that could clean it up for you.
    that would be cool if u could write a program that could remove those blank boxes but wut im wondering is....if it works would i still be able to install the messaging plugins....im thinking of doctoring whenever the 1.3.1 doctor comes out...my pre works fine i just cant install the plugins anymore...they show up but with no icon and the sign ons r endless spinning and when i uninstall the plugins the blank boxes get left and its annoying
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

please add facebook friends and this will be the best thing since the release of the pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Well, I just tried 1.2.1 and although all the icons are there with there pictures.

I tried to setup LIVE and it just keeps saying 'signing in' and doesn't stop.

This what I got before.

I'm not sure if it's worth doctoring my phone to see if that fixes that problem.

I guess I'll wait until someone verifies that its really working.

I can wait.

I know all the developers are working hard on getting everything to work with 1.3.1.

Why does Palm have to keep changing things so that all the Homebrew developers have to keep re-writing everything over and over again.

Is Palm doing this to mess with Homebrew?

I don't really believe that statement of course!

Rob
    If you have the opportunity, check to see if you have any crashes in your /var/log/messages log. Often times when I was getting that same behavior I looked and found that LibPurpleAdadpterExt had crashed.
    I monitored /var/log/messages (as suggested by sombraala) and indeed, it shows up a SIGSEGV in LibpurpleAdapterExt.

Output from successful login after creating the account: pastebin m40eb4fee
    Output from the failed following login: pastebin ma884112

Greg: Are the created dump files from rdxd of any use for you? If so, I can send them if you want. Maybe the stack trace (as seen on pastebin m2e71732d) shows some indicators what goes wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Firefox doesn't handle it correctly, use IE.

Rob
    or just right (mouse) click the link and hit save as
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    that would be cool if u could write a program that could remove those blank boxes but wut im wondering is....if it works would i still be able to install the messaging plugins....im thinking of doctoring whenever the 1.3.1 doctor comes out...my pre works fine i just cant install the plugins anymore...they show up but with no icon and the sign ons r endless spinning and when i uninstall the plugins the blank boxes get left and its annoying
    Well, with what you're saying, it seems like there might be a lot of cleanup needed on your device. It may be difficult to get it all cleaned up correctly... so I don't know if I could write anything to fix you without knowing more about what was wrong - something that would probably take quite a bit of time.

I suppose what might be a positive thing to do is to create a 'mini-doctor' which just wipes IM/Account setting to what the state of a fresh install, or whatnot.