Page 52 of 122 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762102 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 2438
    What I did to fix it (and ensure it stays fixed) is to turn off backups so that the backup gets deleted from Palm's server, and then webOS Doctor to 1.2.1 and update to 1.3.1. I also did a full erase after that, but I assume that step is optional.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    From what i am picking up on to get yahoo to work is to doctor it and start fresh. More so is you have tweaks ect. Dont even Backup ,,save your files via USB to computer. Run Doc. Go threw the setup again on Pre. Set up your yahoo email account 1st. THEN set up the IM account ..screen name only ,no@yahoo needed. Instantly when it has connected you will get a email saying it has connected !! I have been IMing yahoo.google.aol all day : )

Note ... only thing that I am hearing is I am not shown online ..still figuring that one out but at least it all works and my palm is running faster since the Doc.
    thx ,waiting for qq.
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    Rob, re-read my post.

I'm well aware of y!m being native in 1.3.1. My questions are about confirming my suspicion that people who have used greg's messaging plugin prior to webos 1.3.1 may have something lurking about their Palm Profile that is causing the issue. This is something that would get restored with your profile even after webdoctoring your Pre.

-or-

Maybe Palm screwed something up with v1.3.1. I don't know... but won't find out if the question isn't asked.
    I had the messaging plugins myself. But in my case, I can't stand to do all that work in getting all the tweaks and stuff off.

So I Doctor my phone for every upgrade.

I Doctor'd back to 1.2.1 and then did the upgrade.

I had also tried to erase my Palm Profile, which I think I did after I did the upgrade.

So when I was all done, my email accounts did come back.

So did the Palm Profile bring something back that was bad?

Not sure.

But I just wanted to state that I doctor'd my phone.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    What I did to fix it (and ensure it stays fixed) is to turn off backups so that the backup gets deleted from Palm's server, and then webOS Doctor to 1.2.1 and update to 1.3.1. I also did a full erase after that, but I assume that step is optional.
    Brilliant. I totally forgot about turnong off the backup and it deleting it off of palm's servers.

Just got done doing this same process (minus the complete erase - it isn't necessary). Turn off Backup, web doc to 1.2.1, immediately upgrade to 1.3.1 - then start setting up your accounts again. Everything works now.
    dont you lose all of your info if you turn off backup then doctor you phone??
  7.    #1027  
    Please read the below before installing...

PLEASE NOTE THIS HAS ONLY BE TESTED ON THE EMULATOR. I HAVENT GIVEN TO MY TESTERS.
    I THOUGHT SOMEONE COULD TRY AS YOU ARE VERY KEEN FOR 1.3.1 SUPPORT

First logoff from the messaging application then REMOVE ANY OLD VERSION FIRST. (VERY IMPORTANT)

REQUIREMENTS: org.webosinternals.patch (Not needed if you had 1.1.0, download link below)

Ensure you have the latest version of WebOS Quick install.
    If you get the Control file error install a newer version of WebOS Quick Install

Whats new in 1.2.0?
    ===================
    Supports WebOS 1.2.1 and 1.3.1 (A few more changes in 1.3.1 than i'd expected)
    Yahoo support only installed/removed on WebOS 1.2 (Also on 1.3.1 emulator as its missing?!?!)
    Hopefully fixed Live not installing. (I completely re-wrote the whole installer)
    Will no longer backup files as linux patching handles this nicely (saving space)
    Hopefully got the DB update working nicely so all plugins install first time
    Chinese QQ Support (Untested)
    I have increased the login timeout to 60 seconds. Hopefully this helps people with big contact lists
    No longer touches the files that broke some other patches (Should also fix some server logon issues)
    IRC can now handle no password
    My code now handles errors better (e.g. A corrupt config file)

Download links
    ==============
    Palm Pre
    Messaging Plugins - http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....9-3_armv7.ipk
    GNU Patch - http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll/org....2.0_armv7.ipk

Emulator
    Messaging Plugins - http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...5.9-3_i686.ipk
    GNU Patch - http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll/org...1.2.0_i686.ipk

Thanks to everyone for their feedback and support.

DONATE
    ======
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted
    Last edited by greg_roll; 11/16/2009 at 04:57 AM.
  8.    #1028  
    Quote Originally Posted by znsoft View Post
    thx ,waiting for qq.
    Hi znsoft,

Give 1.2 a go

Thanks,
    Greg
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Yahoo support only installed/removed on WebOS 1.2
    What does this mean?

Can I just install it on a clean 1.3.1? Or do I need to install a version in 1.2.1 before?
  10.    #1030  
    Quote Originally Posted by brasax View Post
    What does this mean?

Can I just install it on a clean 1.3.1? Or do I need to install a version in 1.2.1 before?
    Only on WebOS 1.2 will I install the yahoo plugin.

WebOS 1.3.1 finally has this feature.

So yes you can install Messaging Plugins V1.2 on a clean WebOS 1.3.1.

Greg
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Greg, just tried out the patch only options I am getting are AOL , GOOGLE , and YAHOO . I am not sure if you had success with the MSN ,Communicator , and others or not but those boxes come up blank when going in to add a new client.

Thanks!
    greg, what do you suggest for those who are on webOS 1.3.1 and who are using Messenger Plugin 1.0.4 to connect to YahooIM? Thx.
    Thanks Greg.
    Seems that the new 1.2.0 codes still not sync with Git on webosinternals
    git.webos-internals.org Git - patches/messaging-plugins.git/summary
    Greg, I installed the 1.2 posted, both the patch and the plugin. after a Luna restart on both i have a whole list of empty bars where the messaging service names should be. Google and AIM appear at the top of the list, followed by a list of empty boxes. Yahoo does not appear in the list, but my previously configured Yahoo account does work.

I tried logging into the various services represented by the empty boxes and discovered that the first emty box is Jabber and the last is MSN. Both work, I just had to use the trial and error method to discover which was which.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmayes69 View Post
    dont you lose all of your info if you turn off backup then doctor you phone??
    If you're living in the cloud (e.g.: google is your primary contacts, calendar, etc) then you'll get your info back when you set the account back up on the phone and it re-sync's to your online account.
    Download links
    ==============
    Palm Pre
    Messaging Plugins - http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....9-3_armv7.ipk
    GNU Patch - http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll/org....2.0_armv7.ipk

i thnink u have the files swapped
    I get the same results as reconboy when installing 1.2.0 on WebOS 1.3.1. I see the default plugins (GTalk, AIM, Yahoo) and some more empty boxes without labels or icons.

I tried the installation on a 'virgin' 1.3.1 phone (doctored to 1.2.1 and upgraded to 1.3.1) with no homebrew software installed (except Preware).
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder View Post
    I get the same results as reconboy when installing 1.2.0 on WebOS 1.3.1. I see the default plugins (GTalk, AIM, Yahoo) and some more empty boxes without labels or icons.

I tried the installation on a 'virgin' 1.3.1 phone (doctored to 1.2.1 and upgraded to 1.3.1) with no homebrew software installed (except Preware).

I noticed that I can go into each blank box and setup an account unknowing what the clients are and see each one after words but still nothing , no advanced settings for like communicator or msn.

I know the first blank one is MSN , second is ICQ and the 3rd is Communicator but the rest I have yet to check out.

Which brings me back to communicator , before was there a setting to were I can place a domain? We have an external facing Communicator server available at work that is Federated but I need to enter the secure server address.

Anyways dont worry about the last one until the others are fixed first
    Quote Originally Posted by reconboy View Post
    Greg, just tried out the patch only options I am getting are AOL , GOOGLE , and YAHOO . I am not sure if you had success with the MSN ,Communicator , and others or not but those boxes come up blank when going in to add a new client.

Thanks!
    is your yahoo google and aol working tho?
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Those items work fine , as posted those were my only options

EDIT::::

I take that back Google is having issues connecting right now. AOL and Yahoo did fine.
    Last edited by reconboy; 11/16/2009 at 12:11 PM.