Page 51 of 122 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2438
  1. #1001  
    so will this program be updated for the new os? i can log in using 1.4 but if i restart my phone or log into yahoo on my pc i have to delete my yahoo account on the pre and activate it again to log in. for now im just using the yahooyos app for mobile yahoo but id like to have a native app or intergration.
  2. brasax's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #1002  
    short question: how can I install it on 1.3.1? Quickinstall is not recognizing my Pre

    EDIT: got Quickinstall working.
    Last edited by brasax; 11/15/2009 at 09:24 AM.
  3. ssrjazz's Avatar
    Posts
    786 Posts
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    #1003  
    greg,

    how do you switch the IM's to use your services? Does that touch something in the user's profile data or other palm db that palm backup grabs? Just seems like most ppl having issues have been users of your patch. I had the same problems. I had 1.0.4 on webos 1.2.1. Uninstalled the messaging patch. Upgraded to webos 1.3.1, no messaging worked. Doctored to webos 1.2.1 - messaging still did not work until I installed 1.1.0 messaging patch. Uninstalled it and gtalk and aim still worked. Upgraded to webos 1.3.1. Gtalk and aim work for me now, but yahoo still does not. I did use y!m with 1.0.4 of the messaging patch. Wondering if something in the uninstall left something else in my profile in a non-sane state. It's as if the yahoo account is trying to connect to something that doesn't exist (e.g.: your custom service)
  4. #1004  
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    greg,

    how do you switch the IM's to use your services? Does that touch something in the user's profile data or other palm db that palm backup grabs? Just seems like most ppl having issues have been users of your patch. I had the same problems. I had 1.0.4 on webos 1.2.1. Uninstalled the messaging patch. Upgraded to webos 1.3.1, no messaging worked. Doctored to webos 1.2.1 - messaging still did not work until I installed 1.1.0 messaging patch. Uninstalled it and gtalk and aim still worked. Upgraded to webos 1.3.1. Gtalk and aim work for me now, but yahoo still does not. I did use y!m with 1.0.4 of the messaging patch. Wondering if something in the uninstall left something else in my profile in a non-sane state. It's as if the yahoo account is trying to connect to something that doesn't exist (e.g.: your custom service)
    You do understand that the upgrade gave us Yahoo IM, it was part of the upgrade.

    I think you if you played with the Message Plugin you might have screwed with the Yahoo IM that Palm provided.

    I'm not totally sure on that however.

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  5. brasax's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #1005  
    rob, yahoo is not working at all, also if you have fresh install..
  6. #1006  
    Quote Originally Posted by brasax View Post
    rob, yahoo is not working at all, also if you have fresh install..
    Wow, I don't use it and I can't believe Palm pushed this out with that kind of bug in it.

    I just tested it myself and I stand corrected, I couldn't believe it myself, it's still trying to login with my account.

    I am so sorry.

    Rob

    UPDATE!

    I got it to work!
    After it kept spinning around trying to sign in, I got out of it and went back in and then logged in using only my name and without the @yahoo.com

    And that seem to have made it work!

    Rob

    UPDATE! That made it work to setup the account, it did not allow me to sign in after that.

    Wow this is really bad!!!

    Yahoo IM provided by Palm does NOT work!
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 11/15/2009 at 10:58 AM.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  7. #1007  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Wow, I don't use it and I can't believe Palm pushed this out with that kind of bug in it.

    I just tested it myself and I stand corrected, I couldn't believe it myself, it's still trying to login with my account.

    I am so sorry.

    Rob

    UPDATE!

    I got it to work!


    After it kept spinning around trying to sign in, I got out of it and went back in and then logged in using only my name and without the @yahoo.com

    And that seem to have made it work!

    Rob

    this is why we need a palringo app.
  8. ssrjazz's Avatar
    Posts
    786 Posts
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    #1008  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    You do understand that the upgrade gave us Yahoo IM, it was part of the upgrade.

    I think you if you played with the Message Plugin you might have screwed with the Yahoo IM that Palm provided.

    I'm not totally sure on that however.

    Rob
    Rob, re-read my post.

    I'm well aware of y!m being native in 1.3.1. My questions are about confirming my suspicion that people who have used greg's messaging plugin prior to webos 1.3.1 may have something lurking about their Palm Profile that is causing the issue. This is something that would get restored with your profile even after webdoctoring your Pre.

    -or-

    Maybe Palm screwed something up with v1.3.1. I don't know... but won't find out if the question isn't asked.
  9. #1009  
    I posted my fix in another topic but I'll summarize it here.

    I used gregs messinging plugin fine for weeks. I simply uninstalled it before i upgrade to 1.3.1. Once i did, palms built in yahoo IM would not let me connect. To finally get it to work i:

    1. removed yahoo IM account
    2. i already had a yahoo email account that was being checked for weeks so iremoved that(it as not synergized).
    3. then added gregs 1.0.4 messaging plugin (this was the only version that seemed to work!)
    4. reboot
    5. add yahoo email account, Synergy kicks in as i wait for it to pull all my contacts in stuff in(this also added the yahoo IM to the messinging app automatically)
    6. Still couldnt log into yahoo IM, although email works great
    7. removed yahoo IM account, then added yahoo IM account again
    8. works fine and i have live messenger/MSN working fine too

    hope this helps

    Seems that you will need a synergized yahoo email account first for this to work

    Also, from what ive read and seen elsewhere, if you doctor your phone back to 1.2.1, then upgrade to 1.3.1, then yahoo IM will work. Im sure many people dont want to doctor their phones though
  10. ssrjazz's Avatar
    Posts
    786 Posts
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    #1010  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    Also, from what ive read and seen elsewhere, if you doctor your phone back to 1.2.1, then upgrade to 1.3.1, then yahoo IM will work. Im sure many people dont want to doctor their phones though
    I did this twice yesterday. Still can't get logged into y!m
  11. #1011  
    The problem is, many of us having the issue UNINSTALLED Greg's plugin, and would prefer to use the native phone plugin. (I only use what the native plugin now supports). As I said, it seems to me that somehow, a cookie or something is getting changed by Greg's plugin. Now that 1.3.1 is restoring almost everything, it's getting pulled along even after running webOS Doctor. (if you restore on 1.3.1).

    It seems to me maybe, if we can clear the cookie or settings for Messaging, that maybe then that'll fix the issue. (I see absolutely no way that anything else could still be giving this issue after entirely resetting the phone with webOS Doctor).

    I mean, I installed this plugin, but I didn't think it'd permanently mess up my phone's messaging accounts. Someone on the Palm support forum had the same issue and created a new Palm Profile (which fixed it entirely), but that's not an option for me, I've got a few paid apps. The only possible solution I can think of would be maybe restoring back to 1.0.4, or something really old which hopefully won't get the cookie/setting restored, and then re-backing up and re-restoring to 1.2.1 and upgrading to 1.3.1 would fix it. Don't have the time to try anything like that until late tonight, I need my phone. But anyway, I'd think there has to be an easier way to clear out the setting.
  12. #1012  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    The problem is, many of us having the issue UNINSTALLED Greg's plugin, and would prefer to use the native phone plugin. (I only use what the native plugin now supports). As I said, it seems to me that somehow, a cookie or something is getting changed by Greg's plugin. Now that 1.3.1 is restoring almost everything, it's getting pulled along even after running webOS Doctor. (if you restore on 1.3.1).

    It seems to me maybe, if we can clear the cookie or settings for Messaging, that maybe then that'll fix the issue. (I see absolutely no way that anything else could still be giving this issue after entirely resetting the phone with webOS Doctor).

    I mean, I installed this plugin, but I didn't think it'd permanently mess up my phone's messaging accounts. Someone on the Palm support forum had the same issue and created a new Palm Profile (which fixed it entirely), but that's not an option for me, I've got a few paid apps. The only possible solution I can think of would be maybe restoring back to 1.0.4, or something really old which hopefully won't get the cookie/setting restored, and then re-backing up and re-restoring to 1.2.1 and upgrading to 1.3.1 would fix it. Don't have the time to try anything like that until late tonight, I need my phone. But anyway, I'd think there has to be an easier way to clear out the setting.
    This is whats happening to my phone as well. I did the doctor 2 times, and there's something that is getting stuck in there that is being saved on the palm profile. I don't want to change palm profiles either. What I finally did was just install the 1.0.4, and just like that, yahoo IM is working without a problem.. Before that, no Yahoo IM at all, everything else related to yahoo would work (calendars,phonebook) but not the IM..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

    Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  13. dwhall's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    #1013  
    To me, having msn and yahoo was a luxury, not a necessity. I forseen the issues switching from this patch to palms implimentation so I removed all my
    yahoo stuff and backed up before doing my upgrade. I am sure I can go a bit
    without msn until he has a patch that works minus yahoo. If I need to contact
    an msn buddy I will load up pidgin on my computer.

    Good work on the plugins btw
  14. #1014  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhall View Post
    To me, having msn and yahoo was a luxury, not a necessity. I forseen the issues switching from this patch to palms implimentation so I removed all my
    yahoo stuff and backed up before doing my upgrade. I am sure I can go a bit
    without msn until he has a patch that works minus yahoo. If I need to contact
    an msn buddy I will load up pidgin on my computer.

    Good work on the plugins btw
    That's the problem, I did uninstall Greg's plugin a long time before doing my update. But it seems that uninstalling 1.0.4 left something behind (as seen in the 1.1.0 changelog).

    I could be wrong, but I'm just trying to figure out what's going on here, and it seems like this is the most likely cause.
  15. #1015  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    I posted my fix in another topic but I'll summarize it here.

    I used gregs messinging plugin fine for weeks. I simply uninstalled it before i upgrade to 1.3.1. Once i did, palms built in yahoo IM would not let me connect. To finally get it to work i:

    1. removed yahoo IM account
    2. i already had a yahoo email account that was being checked for weeks so iremoved that(it as not synergized).
    3. then added gregs 1.0.4 messaging plugin (this was the only version that seemed to work!)
    4. reboot
    5. add yahoo email account, Synergy kicks in as i wait for it to pull all my contacts in stuff in(this also added the yahoo IM to the messinging app automatically)
    6. Still couldnt log into yahoo IM, although email works great
    7. removed yahoo IM account, then added yahoo IM account again
    8. works fine and i have live messenger/MSN working fine too

    hope this helps

    Seems that you will need a synergized yahoo email account first for this to work

    Also, from what ive read and seen elsewhere, if you doctor your phone back to 1.2.1, then upgrade to 1.3.1, then yahoo IM will work. Im sure many people dont want to doctor their phones though

    reboot your phone and tell me that it still works or if you get a constant "trying to connect" message because that's what im getting.
  16. dwhall's Avatar
    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    #1016  
    Basically what I did was remove all yahoo account logins on my phone, removed all patches/themes/messaging plugin, resynced everything, then backed up my profile with palm. I then rebooted the phone and it prompted me to do the update. Once that was done and I rebooted again, I re added all my yahoo stuff and logged in. Hope this helps....

    Btw.. I haven't gone back and read *Everything* but you have to use your username only to login. not username@yahoo.com or whatever your email might be.
    Last edited by dwhall; 11/15/2009 at 01:48 PM.
  17.    #1017  
    Hi guys,

    Sorry I have a really busy day today at work so I don't have any time to respond etc etc.

    Tonight I will work hard to get 1.3.1 support in my next version. I have all the framework and have downloaded the released 1.3.1 emulator so it shouldn't take too long to do.

    Version 1.2 may be released tonight/tomorrow with the following features (feature set has been cut down so I can give you guys 1.3.1 support)

    Will no longer backup files as linux patching handles this nicely (saving space)
    Hopefully got the DB update working nicely so all plugins install first time
    Chinese QQ Support (Untested)
    I have increased the login timeout to 60 seconds. Hopefully this helps people with big contact lists
    No longer touches the files that broke other patches
    IRC can now handle no password
    My code now handles errors better (e.g. A corrupt config file)

    Thanks,
    Greg
  18. Ryo
    Ryo is offline
    Ryo's Avatar
    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    #1018  
    Hopefully the 2G WLM problem will be fixed too!

    Thx Greg
  19. #1019  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    I posted my fix in another topic but I'll summarize it here.

    I used gregs messinging plugin fine for weeks. I simply uninstalled it before i upgrade to 1.3.1. Once i did, palms built in yahoo IM would not let me connect. To finally get it to work i:

    1. removed yahoo IM account
    2. i already had a yahoo email account that was being checked for weeks so iremoved that(it as not synergized).
    3. then added gregs 1.0.4 messaging plugin (this was the only version that seemed to work!)
    4. reboot
    5. add yahoo email account, Synergy kicks in as i wait for it to pull all my contacts in stuff in(this also added the yahoo IM to the messinging app automatically)
    6. Still couldnt log into yahoo IM, although email works great
    7. removed yahoo IM account, then added yahoo IM account again
    8. works fine and i have live messenger/MSN working fine too

    hope this helps

    Seems that you will need a synergized yahoo email account first for this to work

    Also, from what ive read and seen elsewhere, if you doctor your phone back to 1.2.1, then upgrade to 1.3.1, then yahoo IM will work. Im sure many people dont want to doctor their phones though
    Thank you SOOOO much! This worked for me in 1.3.1
  20. #1020  
    I was stupid and forgot to uninstall the messaging plugin before updating.... Does that mean I would have to doctor my phone in order to get it working again using Jupiter's method?

Posting Permissions