Page 50 of 122 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560100 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 2438
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    use webOSQuickInstall to do it. it's under Device Management > Application. however, i think the uninstall isn't working properly, because i ran the uninstall and am still having issues with YahooIM on 1.3.1. i can confirm that the yahoo account was still on my phone after using webOSQuickInstall to remove the plugin, and deleting the YahooIM account on the phone doesn't seem to be working.

i think we will have to wait a bit for greg to figure out what's going on.

thanks for the quick reply. im going to try it myself im also running the webos repair utility i dont know if that is a good idea or not but im trying it.... ill let you know how it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by serotonin4 View Post
    thanks for the quick reply. im going to try it myself im also running the webos repair utility i dont know if that is a good idea or not but im trying it.... ill let you know how it works.
    actually before you uninstall the messaging plugin.. can you try first try to remove the Yahoo account? i wonder if that's the proper step to do prior to uninstalling the messaging plugin, that might yield better results.
    Unfortunately, I can't get 1.1.0 to work in webos 1.3.1 at all
    I hope they update this plugin to work for 1.3.1 soon =O It's my most cherished addition.
  5. Ryo
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Hmm 1.0.4 worked in 1.3.1 after 2 trys of installation.

try now 1.1.0

Frist time... dosnt really worked (there are fields (endless fields.. LOL) without logos or text what for a messenger is to add in the "Add new..." area)
    ----

ok 2 trys... seems 1.1.0 dosnt work in WebOS 1.1.3.

So back to 1.0.4
    (where MSN/WLM dosn't work in 2G and Facebook is unusable).
    ---
    argh dammed.. same problem in 1.0.4 now... bevor i tryed 1.1.0 it worked with 1.0.4 .... hmpf.. better going back to WebOS 1.2.1 until the German version of 1.3.1 is out (i think then will Greg fixed a new version )
    Last edited by Ryo; 11/14/2009 at 02:39 PM.
    My experience:

I removed 1.0.4, (it worked so well I never upgraded to 1.1.0), along with Preware and the Package Manager service, then upgraded to 1.3.1. After the update Yahoo would not sign in. Deciding to save time, I doctored to 1.2.1 and updated again. The native Yahoo support in 1.3.1 works, but not any better than Greg's plugin has all along.

I'm going to leave it like this until Greg posts an update for 1.3.1 here, but I have a request, and I think others here would like to see this also. Would it be possible to release a patch to just add MSN to 1.3.1? I'm thinking that the bulk of us following this were looking primarily for Yahoo and MSN. Any thoughts?
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
  7. Ryo
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    bad idea... some others only want icq... or only facebook or or or .. so MSN/WLM Messenger alone isnt a good idea (but its also my primary messanger)

...but at the moment.. having problems with install WebOS...dammed cannot login in my Palm Profile and without starting the palm webOS Doctor cant work hmpf
    All I use is MSN and Gtalk.

I doctored to 1.2.1 then ran 1.3.1, installed the webosinternals patch and then 1.0.4 of the messenger patch and its working. Had some install errors from webosinstaller but after I clicked ok and rebooted its working for msn. Yahoo might be borked up, but I don't use it. So it is "working" even if it's not supposed to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristanlogd View Post
    All I use is MSN and Gtalk.

I doctored to 1.2.1 then ran 1.3.1, installed the webosinternals patch and then 1.0.4 of the messenger patch and its working. Had some install errors from webosinstaller but after I clicked ok and rebooted its working for msn. Yahoo might be borked up, but I don't use it. So it is "working" even if it's not supposed to.
    yeah 1.0.4 works for me too but after i reboot the phone i have to delete my yahoo account and create it again to connect.
    where to download 1.0.4?
    Here's to wishing Greg good luck with this project.

- I tried installing the patch and got errors regarding some files that couldn't be edited.
    - I uninstalled and reinstalled, but the errors persist during both processes.
    - I somehow could input my WLM account, but it could not log on.
    - Then I could not remove the WLM account.
    - I then run the uninstall sh script, and ended up with empty "buttons" on the add a new account page and all my WLM contacts in my contacts list.
    - And as people reported, Y! messenger is not working after updating to 1.3.1

I hope this was as easy as back in Palm OS where all you have to do is replace the application with the unmodified version...

But yeah, hope Greg's next release could save us and provide a patch that works great.
    I can confirm 1.0.4 works with WebOS 1.3.1 Bellmobile thats great, because this is the one very thing i can't understand palm didn't do it itself! Thanks Greg!!!
    I can also sort of confirm that 1.0.4 works with webOS 1.3.1 on Sprint. It's taking a really long time to load my contacts list though.
    Quote Originally Posted by CheshireFrog View Post
    My experience:

I removed 1.0.4, (it worked so well I never upgraded to 1.1.0), along with Preware and the Package Manager service, then upgraded to 1.3.1. After the update Yahoo would not sign in. Deciding to save time, I doctored to 1.2.1 and updated again. The native Yahoo support in 1.3.1 works, but not any better than Greg's plugin has all along.

I'm going to leave it like this until Greg posts an update for 1.3.1 here, but I have a request, and I think others here would like to see this also. Would it be possible to release a patch to just add MSN to 1.3.1? I'm thinking that the bulk of us following this were looking primarily for Yahoo and MSN. Any thoughts?

Agreed, that's what I need to!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Rather than trying to discern what is the right way to go about downloading the right package to get all of the IM applications can someone tell me which one to download?

I just got my Pre one month ago and I have Preware installed and running the latest 1.3.1 version.

Actually, I just want MSN Messenger if I could have just one, if not I'll take all of them as mentioned in the original post in this thread.

I appreciate your help. Really looking forward to getting MSN Messenger on my Pre.
    I also install 1.0.4 with WebOS 1.3.1 I had to install 3 times for it to work ,as msn wasn't showing for me , in the first two time ICQ and Facebook were there ,but I never test those ,as I don't use it ,third time I installed MSN was there. Thanks Greg
    I believe you only have to install it once and then use the old command to startup the MSN service.

It's in the first few pages where they talked about using the command to start it up if it doesn't show up after installing the plugin stuff.

If I have to, I will find it for you.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I think this having had this plugin installed might be having something to do with my issue with webOS 1.3.1 not letting me add any IM accounts.

My issues are described in detail in http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2036201

As it turns out, a lot of my settings restored along with everything else after I ran webOS Doctor, updated to 1.3.1, and then did a full erase. I'm thinking maybe that a bad uninstall from the 1.0.4 version of this plugin might've left a setting that's propagating over and messing everything up badly. I know that restoring in 1.2.1 does not restore cookies for apps, but it appears that 1.3.1 might. Is that at all possible that this could be causing the issue?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    got a weird problem since install of the plugin (1.0.4) on 1.2.1

If I set the status Ive been diconnected from the network o2) and I need to enter my PIN two times a minute!

Has someone else this problem?

Deinstalled the the plugin, but the same thing happens again and again..

1.1.0 is also not working for me, because if I select the status, it is marked in grey and not disappearing (also possible to mark the other status), so I have to close the app and reopen, otherwise not possible to to do anything.
    Attached Images Attached Images