Page 49 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3944454647484950515253545999 ... LastLast
  1.    #961  
    Quote Originally Posted by glorifiedg View Post
    I Greg, sorry to bother you but can you tell us when we can expect a new version?
    Hi glorifiedg,

Hopefully 1-2 weeks. Im working hard on it!

Greg
  2.    #962  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Has anyone tried using Mvapp on this Messaging app? Does it work or does it cause issues? I see its about 13megs being used on our /Var partition at current release..
    Thanks,
    Hi volcom45,

I believe it should be possible. I havent tried but it "should" work.

Greg
    Gregg are you still looking for assistance on testing Sametime?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi guys,

I think your right you need a cert for all Office Communicator servers.

Cert are stored in the following directory
    /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/libpurple/certificates/x509/tls_peers/

To get the certificate install Pidgin and setup a connection to your server. When it connects it will ask you to accept a certificate. Select YES.

Then (a Windows Vista/7 example) goto "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\.purple\certificates\x509\tls_peers\" and find your companies certificate. It most likely your domain name. To be on the safe side copy all certificates to your Pre.

Once you have done that it should work. If not restart and try again.

Let me know how it goes,
    Greg
    Unfortunately that did not work. i tried just copying the file and then i tried creating the file and copying and pasting the cert. The server sends me an ack and then the connection times out while it is trying to establish tls.
    Last edited by phillipah; 11/12/2009 at 10:07 AM.
    Hi Galileo,

Im sorry I dont really know. If it helps the IRC is the plugin part of Pidgin. Maybe check out the pidgin website and see if that mentions anything.

Greg
    Got it, pidgin will be fine then as I tested in Ubuntu.

Cheers
    Galileo
    Hi volcom45,

I believe it should be possible. I havent tried but it "should" work.

Greg
    Thanks for the reply Greg. Unfortunately, it won't work, gives some error abotu a json file not found or something. Ah well, was worth a try!
    Hi Greg, I know you're working hard but I want to know if the next version include QQ?
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Yeah I got it going....thanks...lack of msn was annoying!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    exactly where on page 42 are these files?? whats the post # ?
    For reference the following files are modified
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-constants.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.18/stylesheets/global-iconography.css
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.18/stylesheets/global-widget-addressing.css
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/prefsSetupAccount/prefsSetupAccount-scene.html
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsAccountSummary-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsAccountTypeList-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsSetupAccount-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/compose-assistant.jsjsjs

I think your issue is caused by a failed patch on one or two of the following files

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Hi Greg,
    I loved the facebook idea and I know you had to remove it because of all the problems it was causing. Are you still working on it behind the scenes or is it dead in the water?
    Is this known to cause conflicts with 1.3.1?
  12.    #972  
    Quote Originally Posted by zhzyg View Post
    Hi Greg, I know you're working hard but I want to know if the next version include QQ?
    Hi zhzyg,

It should! I will contact you when im closer and you can test it out

Thanks,
    Greg
  13.    #973  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristanlogd View Post
    Is this known to cause conflicts with 1.3.1?
    Hi Tristanlogd,

Yes it will as the files are different. The next version will support 1.3.1 based off the current version of 1.3.1 emulator I have.

Thanks,
    Greg
  14.    #974  
    Quote Originally Posted by cjay4046 View Post
    Hi Greg,
    I loved the facebook idea and I know you had to remove it because of all the problems it was causing. Are you still working on it behind the scenes or is it dead in the water?
    Hi cjay4046,

Its currently dead in the water. Maybe webos 1.3.1 might make it work. As far as the plugin itself the author hasnt been able to help but I keep checking from time to time.

As I have left all the facebook code handling etc as soon as the plugin works its no effort to make it available again.

Greg
    Thanks Greg,

Is the time from above still the same? 1-2 weeks? Thanks for all your hard work.
    Hi zhzyg,

It should! I will contact you when im closer and you can test it out

Thanks,
    Greg
    Thank you Greg, you have no idea how many people waiting for this, you are doing such a GREAT work.
    BTW, you can contact me by this email address: emailtodonald@gmail.com
    Last edited by zhzyg; 11/14/2009 at 05:49 AM.
  17. Ryo
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cvp View Post
    @masilue
    [Ger]
    MSN funktioniert aber wie schon gesagt nur über WLAN, per 3G wählt er kurz ein und schmeisst sich dann raus! Alles noch Beta!
    Bei 3G geht es bei mir (meistens) aber 2G kommt er nichteinmal rein.
    Hoffentlich kommt bald eine neue Version raus!
    (inkl. brauchbarem reconnect)

Palm selbst ist dazu ja nicht in der Lage...
    Also trotzdem Danke (thx) an Greg

[Eng]
    short version.. MSN/WLM still works not on 2G, on W-LAN works fine on 3G most time.
    so it looks like there is a conflict of the Messaging Plugins with 1.3.1 even if it was uninstalled prior to the update. i was running the Messaging Plugin v.1.0.4 and used webOSQuickInstall to uninstall it, and now YahooIM no longer works in 1.3.1 for me.

the odd thing is that, even after i uninstalled the Messaging Plugin v.1.0.4, the Yahoo account was still visible. i tried removing it, but couldn't.
    could someone give me instructions on how to remove the messaging app via quick install i would really appreciate it.
    use webOSQuickInstall to do it. it's under Device Management > Application. however, i think the uninstall isn't working properly, because i ran the uninstall and am still having issues with YahooIM on 1.3.1. i can confirm that the yahoo account was still on my phone after using webOSQuickInstall to remove the plugin, and deleting the YahooIM account on the phone doesn't seem to be working.

i think we will have to wait a bit for greg to figure out what's going on.