Page 47 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3742434445464748495051525797 ... LastLast
    ok disregard my previous post

but i everything works fine, i get all the messaging plugins, except that once im signed in, i cant sign out. It just get hung on the sign out window

using latest 1.1
    same problem maximus has
    Hey Greg,

Now days, MSN messenger allows you to be signed in at multiple locations at the same time. Was wondering if there was any way of updating the MSN on your messaging package so that it doesn't log our other computers out. That would be huge for me!
    Thanks,
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Hey Greg,

Now days, MSN messenger allows you to be signed in at multiple locations at the same time. Was wondering if there was any way of updating the MSN on your messaging package so that it doesn't log our other computers out. That would be huge for me!
    Thanks,
    +1
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    I was also having the issues with signing off, though I was able to fix it. I uninstalled the plugin and then all messaging patches. I then restored the default messaging files from page 42, installed the plugins, rebooted and was able to add accounts and sign in, out then back in. I then repatched the rest, except for messaging forwarding.

The only other patch I noticed was the Left Avatar had a hunk issue, but installs anyway.
    The avatar on left patch doesn't touch any of the same files, so that hunk error was probably due to another patch or theme...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
  5.    #925  
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    Any ideas bud?
    Ummm best bet restore the files mentioned in a previous post and the blank bars should go away after a restart.

Sorry I can't be much more help
    Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Ummm best bet restore the files mentioned in a previous post and the blank bars should go away after a restart.

Sorry I can't be much more help
    Greg
    hey greg...wuts the linux command to remove facebook chat? im still using 1.0.4 which im not gonna update to 1.1.0 till its compatible with tweaks
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

7.    #927  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    +1
    Hi guys,

Unfortunently i'm limited by the current libpurple plugin. I don't know if that supports it or not I havent tried. Rest assured if it does I will see what I can do!

Thanks,
    Greg
  8.    #928  
    Hi guys,

Ill make sure the next version of this has support for the forwarding patch. Has anyone come accross any other patches that this doesn't like?

Thanks,
    Greg
    Hi guys,

Ill make sure the next version of this has support for the forwarding patch. Has anyone come accross any other patches that this doesn't like?

Thanks,
    Greg
    thank you!! right now im sticking with 1.0.4 i havent had any issues with it plus i dont use it as much...the only issue of course is facebook but excluding that im good...till next version is compatible with tweaks ill update....By the way not sure if u read my last post...wuts the linux command to remove the facebook plugin?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

10.    #930  
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipah View Post
    I have tried using communicator on the emulator and it does not work. i have not tried it on my pre yet. i do not want to install it on the pre quite yet because one somehow i have a yahoo messenger option and i rather get it working on the emulator first. My problem is that I cannot get it to communicate to the server. I have done packet captures and I do not see a single packet go out to the server. i have tried entering in the ip address and nothing. If there is any debugging you need me to do let me know. Thanks for all the hard work I would have never expected this so soon after launch.

I have done basic troubleshooting and verified that the emulator can communicate to my ocs server just fine. also i have tried using the msn messenger and it works. so i think it might be something specific with the ocs plugin.

Thanks
    Hi phillipah,

I believe its because the emulator looses sets after a reboot etc etc.

Try the following.

Root to the emulator then running the following commands:
    rm /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0
    ln -s /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0.1400.4 /usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so.0
    rm /usr/lib/libpurple.so
    rm /usr/lib/libpurple.so.0
    ln -s /usr/lib/libpurple.so.0.5.1 /usr/lib/libpurple.so
    ln -s /usr/lib/libpurple.so.0.5.1 /usr/lib/libpurple.so.0

Then reboot. Try again.

Let us know how it goes.
    Thanks,
    Greg
  11.    #931  
    Quote Originally Posted by sombraala View Post
    Got a crash while trying to do Communicator, attached is the rdxd output with the minicore file change from my real SIP username to "username@domain.com" - rest assure that I did get my username right.

Seems to be crashing on getPrplFriendlyUsername.

Let me know if you want any troubleshooting done from my side.
    Hi sombraala,

Thanks for the output its amazing!

Any chance did you specify a server in the login fields? I don't think my tester nor I fully tested that field and thats possibly where its crashing.

Are you able to leave the server and port field blank and try auto detection? Or is you username domain different to your server name?

I will test specifying a server over the next day or so and get back to you.

Thanks!
    Greg
  12.    #932  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    thank you!! right now im sticking with 1.0.4 i havent had any issues with it plus i dont use it as much...the only issue of course is facebook but excluding that im good...till next version is compatible with tweaks ill update....By the way not sure if u read my last post...wuts the linux command to remove the facebook plugin?
    Sorry I missed that! This has grown 3 pages overnight lol.

This should remove facebook for you...

sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh RemovePlugin Facebook

Speak soon,
    Greg
    Sorry I missed that! This has grown 3 pages overnight lol.

This should remove facebook for you...

sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh RemovePlugin Facebook

Speak soon,
    Greg
    thank you sir!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    The avatar on left patch doesn't touch any of the same files, so that hunk error was probably due to another patch or theme...
    In that case, looks like theme uninstall and EPR for me.
    Hi! First of all thank you very much for your work.

I have a question for you, Im using GSM german Pre and i've installed the MSN live by rooting my pre but when I try to log off MSN the application freezes. Any toughts?

Thanks and sorry for my english.
    Last edited by glorifiedg; 11/09/2009 at 05:24 PM.
    Hi sombraala,

Thanks for the output its amazing!

Any chance did you specify a server in the login fields? I don't think my tester nor I fully tested that field and thats possibly where its crashing.

Are you able to leave the server and port field blank and try auto detection? Or is you username domain different to your server name?

I will test specifying a server over the next day or so and get back to you.

Thanks!
    Greg
    Yea, I did specify a server - didn't realize that auto-detection was an option.

Just tried that out and I get the same result - double checked the crash information and it looks the same.

I am using TLS as well, if that makes a difference.
    Can you force remove an account? I tried the office communicator and it wont log in, and when I click the account to try and change or remove settings it just hangs. I also tried "sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh RemovePlugin Office Communicator" from quick install command line but the account is still there. I am happy to also try the office communicator as a tester.

Thanks for the impressive work you are doing, having all messengers in synergy is a great extension to Palm's platform.

Thanks,
    Last edited by stkupprnc; 11/09/2009 at 07:05 PM.
  18.    #938  
    Quote Originally Posted by sombraala View Post
    Yea, I did specify a server - didn't realize that auto-detection was an option.

Just tried that out and I get the same result - double checked the crash information and it looks the same.

I am using TLS as well, if that makes a difference.
    Hi sombraala,

Actually I realised that doesn't matter. Read my code wrong lol.

Is it possible you have other patches installed in regards to messaging?

If some files failed to patch the Linux C program won't load the server or username in which will cause it to crash. I do need to have it better though.

Thanks,
    Greg
  19.    #939  
    Quote Originally Posted by stkupprnc View Post
    Can you force remove an account? I tried the office communicator and it wont log in, and when I click the account to try and change or remove settings it just hangs. I also tried "sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh RemovePlugin Office Communicator" from quick install command line but the account is still there. I am happy to also try the office communicator as a tester.

Thanks for the impressive work you are doing, having all messengers in synergy is a great extension to Palm's platform.

Thanks,
    Hi stkupprnc,

See above too. Is it possible you have other plugins installed?

The command
    "sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh RemovePlugin sipe" will remove Office Communicator from the list of accounts. It may also remove the account too.

Thanks,
    Greg
    I am not able to complete setting up a Sametime account. It returns that it could not connect to the server. I have double check the setting against my desktop Pidgin setup that is working. I have also been able to bring up the IBM Lotus information page in the browser htt://st.host.com:1533.

Any thoughts on what to try next?