Page 46 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3641424344454647484950515696 ... LastLast
    hey hey hey got something new everything (no msn )
    ok so i doc my pre to 1.2.1
    use wqi 2.82 installed preware and package
    restarted the pre
    ran preware
    restated the pre
    use wqi 2.82 installed messenger app 1.10
    restarted pre
    got everything except msn msg

but i really wanted msn msg.............
    (don't have root)

if i install a 1.10 fresh i dont get msn msg...... if i update it from1.4 i loos everything els but get get msn on 1.10
    Last edited by bluediablito; 11/09/2009 at 01:13 AM.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    I had Facebook for a hot second...anyone know where it went?

BTW...I had success installing the patch and plugin ipks at the same time...I did remove the message forwarding patch first

Being me has its advantages.

-- Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
    just wondering why is it so hard to get the msn messenger
    sure some people get it right away but i have struggle ever since i have teste this app
    (the only one that work 100% for me is 1.4)
    i have 2 minor problems

all installed ok for me.. but..

1, after a while, sometime minutes, sometime several hours i get disconnected.. it never auto-reconnects which would be ideal

2, the dropdown menu when click 'offline' it pops up, but does not work, i click available, but the menu hangs.. only way for me to reconnect is reboot
    hey i have done something
    i have installed 1.10 and the extra file along with preware and package
    and since msn was not installed i wanted to see what happens when you try to update it from 1.10 to 1.4.........when update to 1.4 everything work facebook msn and all the new messenger

now my question is is this really runing on 1.10 or 1.4 (even do in the wqi 2.82 say msg 1.10?)
    Last edited by bluediablito; 11/09/2009 at 02:04 AM.
  6.    #906  
    Quote Originally Posted by zhzyg View Post
    i did remove the forwarding patch then tried your command, it just failed as following,

Hunk #1 FAILED at 1132.
    /var/usr/bin/patch: **** Can't rename file /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs $to$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$listview$-$assistant$.$js$.$orig$ : $Read$-$only$ $file$ $system$
    Hi zhzyg,

Just double check your path. The error says
    /var/usr/palm/application/org.webosinternals.messaging/listview-assistant.patch

Where it should be
    patch -f /usr/palm/applicat
    ions/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs &$lt$; /$var$/$usr$/$palm$/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/listview-assistant.patch

EDIT: Somehow I replied to a different post?!?!

First run /bin/mount -o remount,rw /
    Then the above command
    then,
    /bin/mount -o remount,ro /

Thanks,
    Greg
    Last edited by greg_roll; 11/09/2009 at 03:09 AM.
  7.    #907  
    Quote Originally Posted by noaxis2 View Post
    I had Facebook for a hot second...anyone know where it went?

BTW...I had success installing the patch and plugin ipks at the same time...I did remove the message forwarding patch first
    Hi noaxis2,

Facebook was removed in 1.1.0. It doesn't work and caused the whole messaging subsystem to crash when used.

Thanks,
    Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi zhzyg,

Just double check your path. The error says
    /var/usr/palm/application/org.webosinternals.messaging/listview-assistant.patch

Where it should be
    patch -f /usr/palm/applicat
    ions/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs &$lt$; /$var$/$usr$/$palm$/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/listview-assistant.patch

EDIT: Somehow I replied to a different post?!?!

First run /bin/mount -o remount,rw /
    Then the above command
    then,
    /bin/mount -o remount,ro /

Thanks,
    Greg
    have done exactly but:

Hunk #1 FAILED at 1132.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

edit, BTW, i uninstalled the forwarding patch but the function still works, i mean i still can forward the message when i tap on it. any idea?
  9.    #909  
    have done exactly but:

Hunk #1 FAILED at 1132.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

edit, BTW, i uninstalled the forwarding patch but the function still works, i mean i still can forward the message when i tap on it. any idea?
    Hmmm looks like the uninstaller for the patch doesn't work

If you have it available you could restore /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs $with$ $the$ $webos$ $restore$ $program$ $by$ $Jason$ $then$ $install$ $my$ $app$.

Greg

If you have it available you could restore /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs $with$ $the$ $webos$ $restore$ $program$ $by$ $Jason$ $then$ $install$ $my$ $app$.

Greg
    i know that application but it takes hell lot of time to restore the original files.
    1.0.4 is totally ok with me, will keep it and wait for your next update.
    thank you Greg, you did a great work. can you add Chinese QQ into your app?
    Last edited by zhzyg; 11/09/2009 at 04:25 AM.
  11.    #911  
    i know that application but it takes hell lot of time to restore the original files.
    1.0.4 is totally ok with me, will keep it and wait for your next update.
    thank you Greg, you did a great work. can you add Chinese QQ into your app?
    Bummer Worst case you could manually extract the file from the webosdoctor.jar.

As for QQ if it works ok ill try and put it in the next release. Will keep you posted.

Greg

Greg
    i have restore the specific file, then uninstall 1.0.4 and install 1.1, but, NO msn account available in preference, just missed it.
    and, the original issue still there, i can't change the online/offline status, the forwarding function still working.

i will restore all message relative files and reinstall 1.1 again to see if i am lucky.
    the issue with msn messages not sending started for me in last version. so i thought maybe 1.10 would fix it, but still the same thing. someone mentioned manually restarting luna? how can i do this without restarting the phone?
  14.    #914  
    i have restore the specific file, then uninstall 1.0.4 and install 1.1, but, NO msn account available in preference, just missed it.
    and, the original issue still there, i can't change the online/offline status, the forwarding function still working.

i will restore all message relative files and reinstall 1.1 again to see if i am lucky.
    I think a few pages back I listed all the files I modified if that helps,

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    I ran the luna-send -i palm://com.palm.accounts/getAllAccountTypesForService {service:'IM'} command and it just sits there for ever and does nothing says pleas wait...

What i did was i removed the old ver - restarted - Installed the new version - restarted - opened it had no live - removed it again and restarted - re added and restarted - still no live - ran the command to add the one live plug in restarted - Live was there but would not connect - decided to remove it all and wait for the next version and now just have a bunch of blank bars...

Any ideas bud?
    1.1 now works fine on my pre since restored all message relative files.
    I was also having the issues with signing off, though I was able to fix it. I uninstalled the plugin and then all messaging patches. I then restored the default messaging files from page 42, installed the plugins, rebooted and was able to add accounts and sign in, out then back in. I then repatched the rest, except for messaging forwarding.

The only other patch I noticed was the Left Avatar had a hunk issue, but installs anyway.
    can somebody tell me the exact ordr of install?

remove mess patches
    install webosinternals patch
    install messingplugins ipkg 1.1.0

is this correct?
    Got a crash while trying to do Communicator, attached is the rdxd output with the minicore file change from my real SIP username to "username@domain.com" - rest assure that I did get my username right.

Seems to be crashing on getPrplFriendlyUsername.

Let me know if you want any troubleshooting done from my side.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I have tried using communicator on the emulator and it does not work. i have not tried it on my pre yet. i do not want to install it on the pre quite yet because one somehow i have a yahoo messenger option and i rather get it working on the emulator first. My problem is that I cannot get it to communicate to the server. I have done packet captures and I do not see a single packet go out to the server. i have tried entering in the ip address and nothing. If there is any debugging you need me to do let me know. Thanks for all the hard work I would have never expected this so soon after launch.

I have done basic troubleshooting and verified that the emulator can communicate to my ocs server just fine. also i have tried using the msn messenger and it works. so i think it might be something specific with the ocs plugin.

Thanks