Page 45 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3540414243444546474849505595 ... LastLast
    I'm trying to download the latest version from page 41 message posting.

When I try to download the Palm Pre version, the first link in that listing is *9-3* and my Firefox downloads that fine.

The next link under that heading is gregroll/or...1.0 just opens a new tab in Firefox and seems to open the binary file on the screen.

Am I doing something wrong?

I originally got the files from: Messaging Plugins - Windows Live

The new versions don't seem to be listed there?

Rob

PS Just to make sure the new version is available for the Palm Pre as well as the Emulator. I am only needing the Palm Pre version and if 1.1.0 is not ready for the Pre version then I'll just wait until that update comes out?
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 11/08/2009 at 07:49 PM. Reason: addition
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

OK I managed to get the files using IE instead of Firefox.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

I got the download from that persons windows live host thingy. That one worked.
    I have a problem and need some help.

I did a typo... while in terminal!

I typed in 'more'

And it seemed to have been doing something before I did a CTR-C to break out of it.

I went to Webosinternals to look up the command and I don't see a valid command called 'more'.

Does anyone know what that would do while in a directory?

I didn't type anything after that..just 'more'

Thanks!

Rob
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 11/08/2009 at 08:48 PM. Reason: typo
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Sorry not 'move' it was 'more'!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi guys,

If you have root access can you run the following command and post the results?

luna-send -i palm://com.palm.accounts/getAllAccountTypesForService {service:'IM'}

It will tell me what isn't removing properly.

Thanks,
    Greg

I ran the luna-send -i palm://com.palm.accounts/getAllAccountTypesForService {service:'IM'} command and it just sits there for ever and does nothing says pleas wait...

What i did was i removed the old ver - restarted - Installed the new version - restarted - opened it had no live - removed it again and restarted - re added and restarted - still no live - ran the command to add the one live plug in restarted - Live was there but would not connect - decided to remove it all and wait for the next version and now just have a bunch of blank bars...
    Last edited by gitit20; 11/08/2009 at 09:10 PM.
    Hi, I think I'm OK and sorry to ask so many questions. I usually don't make these kind of mistakes and read all the documentation (messages in threads) before doing anything.

I just want to double check (I will go back to see if it's answered) which patch gets installed first, I will be using WebOS Quick Install for everything.

I have these two new files:

org.webosinternals.messaging_1.1.0_armv7.ipk
    and
    org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9-3_armv7.ipk

Which one should be installed first?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Ok I promise this is the last question:

Do we still have to run that command to jumpstart the Live Messenger plugin?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

is it normal to have 5 empty tabs?
    strange but true .........i have doc my phone trying to get this to work fine but no luck.........after doc the pre i have notice that i have lost my phone contacts...........has any one els had this prob?

and has any one got this new update to work fine on the first try without any glitch?
    can some one please post the steps that they have done to get this app to work?
    OK I think I got everything working!

I was totally surprised when I saw all the IM clients that were added, I almost fell over.

Here is what I had before:

Google Talk
    Aim
    Yahoo
    Facebook Chat

And this is what I have now:

Google Talk
    AIM
    Yahoo
    Live Messenger
    Jabber
    IRC
    Sametime
    NOvell Groupwise

BTW, am I supposed to have Facebook Chat? Was that a Palm thing, or was that something from the older version?

I don't think I need it, but wasn't sure why its not showing up now.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

with 1.1.0 i cannot sign off the messengers.... anybody have a solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by bluediablito View Post
    strange but true .........i have doc my phone trying to get this to work fine but no luck.........after doc the pre i have notice that i have lost my phone contacts...........has any one els had this prob?

and has any one got this new update to work fine on the first try without any glitch?
    can some one please post the steps that they have done to get this app to work?
    I struggled a little but it did work on the very first try.

I did remove any patch that I had installed that was related to Messaging.

In my case, I only had one patch, the one where it would open a separate card for each conversation.

I then followed the remove instructions from the very first post on the first page in this thread.

I used NovaTerm instead of the builtin Terminal from WebOSQI, I just typed it in carefully. (and if you read some of my previous post, I did a typo that scared me).

However, I did one step extra before running the 'uninstall command'.

Oh yes, before I did anything, any IM client that I had installed and running from the previous version I deleted those accounts.

I made sure I was logged out of any IM service.

I was only using Live Messenger, so I went to preferences and did a remove account.

Then I removed the patch.

I then rebooted my phone

Then I did the extra step which might not have been necessary:

I removed the Live Plugin.

Then I ran the UNINSTALL

I then rebooted my phone.

I then installed using WebOS Quick Install 2.8.2

The new version:

org.webosinternals.messaging_1.1.0_armv7.ipk

I think I did not need to install the other patch but I did anyway:

org.webosinternals.patch_2.5.9-3_armv7.ipk

Then I rebooted the phone instead of just doing a Luna Restart.

Then I went to Messenging and re-installed my Live account.

That was it!

All working!

Not sure this will help you! But I did it one time and it all worked. I did not have to doctor my phone.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

14.    #894  
    Hi everyone,

For those of you having the EVDO issue this is an issue I saw effecting people even before I started this project.

It was suggested to me from a member of this thread those people with this issue should try running "Update PRL" found under preferences in the phone application.

If that doesn't help is it possible you are using a network other than sprint?

Last but not least if you still have no luck I will supply a previous version of a file without the Palm customisations and see if that helps.

Thanks,
    Greg
    Hi everyone,

For those of you having the EVDO issue this is an issue I saw effecting people even before I started this project.

It was suggested to me from a member of this thread those people with this issue should try running "Update PRL" found under preferences in the phone application.

If that doesn't help is it possible you are using a network other than sprint?

Last but not least if you still have no luck I will supply a previous version of a file without the Palm customisations and see if that helps.

Thanks,
    Greg
    my only issue is i cant sign off....when i tap sign off it just freezes...
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

16.    #896  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    my only issue is i cant sign off....when i tap sign off it just freezes...
    I believe that may be due to /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs $not$ $being$ $patched$.

One of the messaging plugins patches this file too. I think it might be the message forwarding one I can't remember.

If you remove the patch as a test then run
    /var/usr/bin/patch -f /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs &$lt$; /$var$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$org$.$webosinternals$.$messaging$/$listview$-$assistant$.$patch$

Then restart it should work.

Let me know how you go.

Thanks,
    Greg
    I believe that may be due to /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs $not$ $being$ $patched$.

One of the messaging plugins patches this file too. I think it might be the message forwarding one I can't remember.

/var/usr/bin/patch -f /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs &$lt$; /$var$/$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$org$.$webosinternals$.$messaging$/$listview$-$assistant$.$patch$

Let me know how you go.

Thanks,
    Greg
    so ur saying.....i need to remove all or just the message forwarding patch....then install 1.1.0...then install the forwarding patch again? or i cant have the forwarding patch anymore?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

i have the evdo issue...

my pre is activated in mexico.
    Having the same problem as maxima2k53 mentioned, i try to uninstall the unnecessary patches and keep those: Audio/video attachment/new card per convo/personal avatar left side/time stamp builtin, but it doesn't work, i have to reinstall 1.0.4 even though i need jabber.

Let me know how you go.

Thanks,
    Greg
    i did remove the forwarding patch then tried your command, it just failed as following,

Hunk #1 FAILED at 1132.
    /var/usr/bin/patch: **** Can't rename file /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs $to$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$controllers$/$listview$-$assistant$.$js$.$orig$ : $Read$-$only$ $file$ $system$
    Last edited by zhzyg; 11/09/2009 at 02:44 AM.