Page 44 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3439404142434445464748495494 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    curious .. do you have a lot of names on your friends list? My yahoo has over 200 friends, and does that exact same thing ... but when I added an ID with just a couple names on it . it works perfect again - i cant use my main ID as it just cant handle all the names - which sucks!
    I do not have a large amount of contacts. Maybe 15 max.
    I still cant get live to show up i got them all but no live with this version works with last one why not this one?

Edit ran the command line to install live cut and pasted the example to get live up and it worked...
    Last edited by gitit20; 11/07/2009 at 11:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluediablito View Post
    gitit20..............right click on the link and save as

can some one please tell me the steps to make this new update work?
    I feel stupid now :P i knew how to do that just forgot about that option i can get yahoo to work and so on but just can not get Live IM to work it never connects... and now after removing it all i have 6 blank bars or tabs were the accounts use to be this version is more bugs then the last one for mee...
    Last edited by gitit20; 11/08/2009 at 12:01 AM.
    for some reason i cant get live msg if i do a fresh install from 1.10
    on wqi 2.3 nor 2.82
    if i install 1.4 (live msg show) then i update it with 1.10 it brings live msg
    in both wqi 2.3 and 2.82

question.......
    is there a new noticeable feature on 1.10 (like sign on and off individual accounts?)
    because when i go into the preference of 1.10 it shoes me live msg, gtalk, yahoo,aim, 5 empty tabs.
    also in wqi 2.82 and 2.3 the messenger app shoes as 1.10 so i know its the new one but i don't see nothing new on the messenger other than 5 new empty tabs
    (everything sign in and out and receive and send messages) but no extra messengers...
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elcartel View Post
    I'm having a little trouble with this if anyone can help.

I download the ipk file and install it through webosqi but nothing happens after that. I click install and it says installing but when its finished the phone doesn't restart luna or anything, it just stay as is like nothing happened.

I manually restarted luna and the phone and no new messengers appear in accounts, just aim and google like always. Anyone have any ideas on what I'm doing wrong??

Also I'm running the lastest version of webosqi I believe its 2.8 and my webos is current as well.
    Anyone? any suggestions please, I've been searching this for a couple hours here and trying diff things and I can't find anything that works for me.
    elcartel ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,try wqi 2.3 it solve most of my prob (just dont use no patch from 2.3
    try it
    Canuck Software
    if that does not work try manually turning off and then back on your phone
    if not last resort doc the pre
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Thank you, I'm glad to try something diff, I really want facebook and msn lol.
    + One on the blank bars after removing the new version how do i remove them? with out doctoring my phone... first i could not get the live plug in to show up... and the linux command line to get it installed it showed up but would not connect so i removed it all and now its just a bunch of blank bars
    Last edited by gitit20; 11/08/2009 at 12:29 AM.
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Thanks Veedub! IRC would be nice on the pre but not at the rate I use it. That's the only perk I would have with the update, which might fit my needs. I'll stick with irssi on a full keyboard for ircd. Syzop and Stskeeps might consider anything else.. blasphemy! lol..

Anyhoo.. Thanks for the info!
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    + One on the blank bars after removing the new version how do i remove them? with out doctoring my phone... first i could not get the live plug in to show up... and the linux command line to get it installed it showed up but would not connect so i removed it all and now its just a bunch of blank bars
    Also when i try to remove just one of the plugins like ICQ or something with the command line it does not work does not give any error but just does not work what so ever what is it with this version? way to buggie
  11.    #871  
    Also when i try to remove just one of the plugins like ICQ or something with the command line it does not work does not give any error but just does not work what so ever what is it with this version? way to buggie
    Hi gitit20,

Did you restart luna afterwards? If not restart your phone and ICQ should show up.

Thanks,
    Greg
  12.    #872  
    Hi guys,

If you have root access can you run the following command and post the results?

luna-send -i palm://com.palm.accounts/getAllAccountTypesForService {service:'IM'}

It will tell me what isn't removing properly.

Thanks,
    Greg
    hello!!!! Need answer...
    is it normal that i could only use this patch in Wifi, not via 3G ??????????
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Sigh... Not cool. Not only doesn't this do anything (no options for any other messenger), but now AIM won't work. Hangs endlessly trying to sign in. God only knows what kind of nightmare / loss of setup will happen trying to remove it.

First time getting burned installing an unofficial "app".
    can somebody explain to me in 1.1.0 where he says facebook is not installed by default? all the other plugins r available now. how do i install that 1 facebook plugin?
    hey greg....so the new 1.1.0 will work without the messaging tweaks only or only on install?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Hi Greg

I install the plug ins and later the patch with WQI 2.72 and my messaging app lost the buttons of conversation and friends

i delete the plugin and nothin happens

luna-send -i palm://com.palm.accounts/getAllAccountTypesForService {service:'IM'}

** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"list":[{"id":"1099511627782","name":"Google Talk","domain":"gmail","icons":"{\"32x32\":\"images/accounts/googletalk-32x32.png\", \"48X48\":\"images/accounts/googletalk-48x48.png\"}","iconClass":"googletalk"},{"id":"1099511627783","name":"AIM","domain":"aol","icons":"{ \"32x32\":\"images/accounts/aim-32x32.png\"}","iconClass":"aim"},{"id":"1099511627796","name":"ICQ","domain":"icq","icons":"{\"32x32 \":\"images/accounts/icq-32x32.png\",\"48x48\":\"images/accounts/icq-48x48.png\"}","iconClass":"icq"},{"id":"1099511627797","name":"Live Communicator","domain":"sipe","icons":"{\"32x32\":\"images/accounts/sipe-32x32.png\",\"48x48\":\"images/accounts/sipe-48x48.png\"}","iconClass":"sipe"},{"id":"1099511627798","name":"Jabber","domain":"jabber","icons":"{ \"32x32\":\"images/accounts/jabber-32x32.png\",\"48x48\":\"images/accounts/jabber-48x48.png\"}","iconClass":"jabber"},{"id":"1099511627799","name":"IRC","domain":"irc","icons":"{\"32 x32\":\"images/accounts/irc-32x32.png\",\"48x48\":\"images/accounts/irc-48x48.png\"}","iconClass":"irc"}],"count":6,"offset":0,"limit":0}

EDIT:
    I reinstalled the plug with WQI 2.82 and i dont have mi conversation/friends top bar

Reedit:

I turn on wifi and try to add a msn account and my top bar come back!
    Last edited by javo0112; 11/08/2009 at 11:51 AM.
    Hi Greg,

My msn msgs don't seem to send after updating to the newest version they just stay grey?

EDIT:

I rebooted again and it works.

EDIT2: I logged out and signed out of wifi and went on EVDO and now it wont send again.
    Last edited by mistertibbs; 11/08/2009 at 11:30 AM.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Finally got the patch to work with a little help from the doctor but now the facebook IM doesnt work. Whenever I add the facebook chat it just stays saying "signing in" in the top but msn and aim both have been signed in successfully. Anyone have any ideas, thanks in advance.

On a side note after I doctored my pre it seems that palm may have deleted or lost my original palm profile because when i tried to sign in it said that there was no account associated to my email. I even backed up my profile right before using webosdoctor.

I've doctored my pre many times and I've always used the same email so i know it was correct. So basically I had to create another palm profile with the same email I had it on before. I kind of lost a little bit a faith in palm after this, esp cuz of what happened with t-mobile. Thank god I had backed up my contacts on google voice so I'm not too angry lol. Just wanted to inform you guys on that, since I've never heard of this happening before.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistertibbs View Post
    Hi Greg,

My msn msgs don't seem to send after updating to the newest version they just stay grey?

EDIT:

I rebooted again and it works.

EDIT2: I logged out and signed out of wifi and went on EVDO and now it wont send again.
    same problem. i sign in by wifi, by evdo nothing happens