Page 42 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3237383940414243444546475292 ... LastLast
    You need both patches to make it work?
  2.    #822  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    yeah i do have messaging patches...so ur saying for the plugins to work i cant have any messaging patches installed at all or only to actually install this plugin?

Update: im hard headed so i didnt wanna uninstall patches yet to c if it worked well all plugins worked just that trying to sign off didnt work...when i click on sign off it just stayed there clicked and didnt do anything
    Hi maxima2k53,

Hopefully if everything patch is removed after installing my app those then install nicely. I dont understand 100% how patching works so if the files aren't 100% Palm (e.g. they have been modified) then the patch fails and skips that file.

If anyone can help with patching that would be great!

For reference the following files are modified
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-constants.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.18/stylesheets/global-iconography.css
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/200.18/stylesheets/global-widget-addressing.css
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/views/prefsSetupAccount/prefsSetupAccount-scene.html
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsAccountSummary-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsAccountTypeList-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/prefsSetupAccount-assistant.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/compose-assistant.jsjsjs

I think your issue is caused by a failed patch on one or two of the following files

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/listview-assistant.jsjsjs

Let me know how everything goes.
    Thanks,
    Greg
  3.    #823  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    You need both patches to make it work?
    Hi TreoRock,

If installing on the Pre install
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....9-3_armv7.ipk first.

Its the patching engine that Preware uses. If you have used patching through Preware then you don't need the above.

Here is the emulator link
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...5.9-3_i686.ipk

Greg
    How do you add an irc server?
    I only see username and password
  5.    #825  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    How do you add an irc server?
    I only see username and password
    Heya

Just enter the whole thing in the username field.

username@server (e.g. username@irc.freenode.net)

Hopefully that should be all the info you need for it to work.

The above works perfect for freenode.

Let us know how it goes.

Greg
    I got it! Usename@servername
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Brilliant. Followed the directions and everything installed fine except Live which I installed through Terminal on the Pre using the missing plugin command from the first page. Now to start reinstalling my messaging patches and see if anything breaks. Thanks again man.

*Edit*

All the messaging plugins I was using went back in except for Enable Forwarding which I'm completely fine with. Now I'm not lying when I tell people I can't forward text messages. Everything seems to work fine with them in, including signing out and back into the accounts.
    Last edited by matikz; 11/07/2009 at 03:03 AM. Reason: I have nothing better to do then test plugins and post.
    dang, I really want to install 1.10 but lazy to uninstall my messaging patches.

Can someone confirm it will work with messaging counter/ forwarding/ timestamps?

**What will happen if I install 1.10 OVER the patches and not remove them beforehand?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post

Can someone confirm it will work with messaging counter/ forwarding/ timestamps?

**What will happen if I install 1.10 OVER the patches and not remove them beforehand?
    I didn't try to install over the patches but I've had a bad time with that in the past. I use the Clean version of the time stamps and that installed/works fine. I haven't tried the counter yet because I don't usually care and the forwarding patch would not reinstall. I didn't bother to look at the error log but I guess I should have.
  10.    #830  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post

Hi trim81,

Ill check it out bare with me...

UPDATE:
    OK the only one I think that will cause issues is org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-enable-forwarding_1.2.1-0_all.

The other two look ok!

Greg
    Last edited by greg_roll; 11/07/2009 at 05:11 AM.
    hi folks,

i'm testing right now the plugin on the emulator and i don't know how to type an @ symbol in the emulator? Can someone help please?

Great plugin btw!

Greetings from germany
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Updated the patch even though there was no MSN changes. Everything un/installs perfectly. Found out the half green circle was because I had a Google Talk account that I don't use so it was showing I was logged in to not all of my accounts.

Right after the reboot everything worked fine. I signed out and signed back in and now I can't send messages. Can't start a convo. Can't reply. MSN is useless this way. I have since uninstalled the messaging plugins. It is not usable for me for some reason.

Just in case someone else has the same issues I found that Microsoft and Bell (my carrier) work together to have MSN messenger contacts use SMS to send and receive messages which works great. So now my MSN messenger account is set up with a mobile phone number. Just putting that out there as an alternative for people who can't use this patch.

The only real downfall is that I can't delete the MSN Live contacts but I can live with that. Hopefully Palm can get MSN Live Messenger supported natively then everything is happy.

This is not to take anything away from Greg's work. It obviously works for a lot of people. Just not me unfortunately.
  13.    #833  
    Quote Originally Posted by circuitjc View Post
    Updated the patch even though there was no MSN changes. Everything un/installs perfectly. Found out the half green circle was because I had a Google Talk account that I don't use so it was showing I was logged in to not all of my accounts.

Right after the reboot everything worked fine. I signed out and signed back in and now I can't send messages. Can't start a convo. Can't reply. MSN is useless this way. I have since uninstalled the messaging plugins. It is not usable for me for some reason.

Just in case someone else has the same issues I found that Microsoft and Bell (my carrier) work together to have MSN messenger contacts use SMS to send and receive messages which works great. So now my MSN messenger account is set up with a mobile phone number. Just putting that out there as an alternative for people who can't use this patch.

The only real downfall is that I can't delete the MSN Live contacts but I can live with that. Hopefully Palm can get MSN Live Messenger supported natively then everything is happy.

This is not to take anything away from Greg's work. It obviously works for a lot of people. Just not me unfortunately.
    Hi circuitjc,

Is it possible you have other patches installed? That would explain why it broke and why it only broke after restarting. All files are read at a restart of luna.

Greg
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi circuitjc,

Is it possible you have other patches installed? That would explain why it broke and why it only broke after restarting. All files are read at a restart of luna.

Greg
    After Luna restart it worked fine until I signed out then back in.

Patches installed:
    4x4 icons ver 2
    Battery %
    PreWare
    File Manager Service (for InternalZ)
    Unhide DevMode Icon
    Virtual Keyboard
    Landscape eMail
    Enable LED Notifications
    Messaging Timestamps - Hmm... Maybe this?

I will uninstall timestamps and un/reinstall and reply here.

EDIT:
    No joy.
    Install/reboot, add the account and everything works great. Sign out, wait a minute, sign back in and I can't start a convo. I can receive but can not send. Sent text is grey. It shows me as online in my test account. Tried on Wi-Fi and Ev-Do.

It was worth a try... Damn
    Last edited by circuitjc; 11/07/2009 at 07:01 AM.
  15.    #835  
    Quote Originally Posted by circuitjc View Post
    After Luna restart it worked fine until I signed out then back in.

Patches installed:
    4x4 icons ver 2
    Battery %
    PreWare
    File Manager Service (for InternalZ)
    Unhide DevMode Icon
    Virtual Keyboard
    Landscape eMail
    Enable LED Notifications
    Messaging Timestamps - Hmm... Maybe this?

I will uninstall timestamps and un/reinstall and reply here.

EDIT:
    No joy.
    Install/reboot, add the account and everything works great. Sign out, wait a minute, sign back in and I can't start a convo. I can receive but can not send.

It was worth a try... Damn
    Very weird!

If someone sends you a message can you reply to that?

In what way can't you start a conversation? If you click on a person in your contact list does nothing happen?

Can you start a ocnversation by clicking the new conversation button in the bottom left corner, enter their name and click on the Live icon?

Hopefully its something easy!

P.S its very bed time for me now. Ill be back tomorrow!

Thanks,
    Greg
    @greg_roll I appreciate you looking into the patches compatibility for me..you seriously are very helpful

my problem is: I used the all in one messaging patch from fritos (found somewere on the boards)

anyone can confirm the all in one messaging from fritos work with version 1.10?? Specifically MSN AIM and Gtalk all logged in at once

PS- in the mean time, I have been using http://pre.mundu.com for MSN and yahoo and it worka great
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Very weird!

If someone sends you a message can you reply to that?

In what way can't you start a conversation? If you click on a person in your contact list does nothing happen?

Can you start a ocnversation by clicking the new conversation button in the bottom left corner, enter their name and click on the Live icon?

Hopefully its something easy!

P.S its very bed time for me now. Ill be back tomorrow!

Thanks,
    Greg
    I agree it is very weird. Why would it work right after a reboot then break after signing out then back in? Makes little sense to me.

To start a convo I click on the buddie name (my test account) and it opens a conversation. Any text I type in and send stays grey and does not go anywhere. I can type from my test account (on one of my home computers) and it is received on the Pre.

This is not important enough for me to Doctor my Pre so I haven't tried that. The way I have it now works but there is no buddie list. Without the list I can not see who is online or not so it's a shot in the dark.

Thanks for the try and have a good night! (It's 8am here )
    ima try and install this plugin later on today but ima take out my theme and run epr just in case
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I'm still gonna hold out for Facebook chat in the near future.
    it doesn't work in 3g network by me
    only via Wifi....
    is this normal?