Page 41 of 122 FirstFirst ... 3136373839404142434445465191 ... LastLast
    no updates yet?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

2.    #802  
    Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay. Yes IRC will be released with 1.1.0

Just testing the final piece. Should be either tomorrow if I can get the testing done if not the day after.

Speak soon,
    Greg
    I haven't been closely following this thread and there are so many pages to catch up on.
    Has the issue regarding contact linking been resolved? I see it's no longer listed on the first post.
    Follow Me On

I still cant get this to work using quick install ? what am i missing?

I get error 22 no magic or some crap
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    irc will be sweet!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    I haven't been closely following this thread and there are so many pages to catch up on.
    Has the issue regarding contact linking been resolved? I see it's no longer listed on the first post.
    is working awesome with msn and aim !
    Haven't really read through a lot of the posts but heres what i did to make it work.

I doctored mine, using one of the american webos Doctors, and then updated (though I think it was up to date, as it didn't reall do anything.)

After that, I activated Dev mode, put in this order, the speed unthrotler for downloads, then the stuff for preware, and then this messenger thing. Everything worked a charm ^.^ And I'm happy my phone still works in the UK with US firmware on it :P
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    So is everybody OK with having your MSN Messenger contacts stay forever in your phone even if you are no longer using the plugin? I hope Greg comes out with a solution for deleting these contacts if we no longer need them. I was under the impression that they will go away after deleting the MSN Messenger account, but they are still stored under contacts.
    Only other way that i know of after removing that MSN account is to Web OS doctor your phone...
    An idea i have would be to not to putt the IM contacts in the main contacts list with the phone numbers...

That's the only thing I really don't like about this app I love it works well for me... But IM contacts in my main contact list is a bummer
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    An idea i have would be to not to putt the IM contacts in the main contacts list with the phone numbers...

That's the only thing I really don't like about this app I love it works well for me... But IM contacts in my main contact list is a bummer
    The problem is that the Contacts app doesn't have a MSN Messenger account for those contacts created in the Messaging app. So there is no way to manage them. I think Greg is looking for a way to create an account in the Contacts app. This way we can delete the whole MSN Messenger contacts if we no longer need them.

This update should be coming soon according to Greg.
    hope the next version is ready soon...cant w8!!!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I have the same problems with facebook contacts I've deleted the account for fb but the contacts still remain. When I try to delete individually it says fb accounts cannot be deleted. I've re-added the account redeleted it... removed all IM accounts tried deleting the contacts but still not fruitfull lemme know if anyone has a solution to this.
    thanks in advance
    Hi, so far the Plugin works great, i'm using MSN and ICQ (these two only) but msn somethimes doesnt login automaticly, or somethimes even gives me a Message that my password is incorect or it cant log on (my login data is right), when i try to login (button > Avaliable) it does only login ICQ but not MSN

What to do?

Using WebOS 1.2.1 (Bellmobile)
    Preware
    No root stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by jsimon9633 View Post
    I still cant get this to work using quick install ? what am i missing?

I get error 22 no magic or some crap
    Did you let the magic smoke out of your pre? once you do that it will never work again...
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    The problem is that the Contacts app doesn't have a MSN Messenger account for those contacts created in the Messaging app. So there is no way to manage them. I think Greg is looking for a way to create an account in the Contacts app. This way we can delete the whole MSN Messenger contacts if we no longer need them.

This update should be coming soon according to Greg.
    That would be cool... I like how most other IM apps on other devices when signed in has its own list... like yahoo or msn or aim i just do not like it to put them in my main contact list... I know the IM thing in the pre is Pidgin and it should support that just have to fund out a way of turning off contact syncing some kind of option or on off button for that would be UBER COOL
  16.    #816  
    OK Here it is, finally!
    Please read the below before installing...

First logoff from the messaging application then REMOVE ANY OLD VERSION FIRST.

REQUIREMENTS: org.webosinternals.patch (download link below)

Ensure you have the latest version of WebOS Quick install.
    If you get the Control file error install a newer version of WebOS Quick Install

IMPORTANT: Other messaging patches will break 1.1.0. So if you have problems you must uninstall all patches first.

Whats new in 1.1.0?
    ===================
    New download links (should help firefox users and allows for direct download)

Jabber, IRC, Office Communicator, Novell Groupwise and Sametime support

New patching for Palm files (more reliable)

Libpurple is now compiled with the same settings as Palm's libpurple. (Keep alive has been changed, should help battery life)

Fixed Yahoo not being removed on uninstall

3rd party certificates required for authentication (e.g. Company Office Communicator servers) can be copied to "/var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/libpurple/certificates/x509/tls_peers directory"
    The certificates must be in the same format as Pidgin. (On windows these are found in %appdata%\.purple\certificates\x509\tls_peers after you log in at least once using pidgin)

Facebook no longer installed by default. (It doesn't work but has been made available as someone may want to help debug?)

NOTE: You can only have one account for each service type that requires server and port information.

A Big Thanks To Adam for all his help with Office Communicator.

How to use IRC
    ==============
    Its not pretty but it does give us more than we have now. Keep an eye out for wIRC from webos internals. Should be released in the coming weeks/months.

Login to IRC. Hopefully it will connect and you will get an IRC window pop up. This window can be removed.
    Click new message/contact button (bottom left hand corner). Enter "/join #CHANNEL NAME" (E.g. /join #webos-internals). Then type anything in the message field and hit enter.

IRC should now connect to the channel in a new window. The /join window can also now be closed.

Download links
    ==============
    Palm Pre
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....9-3_armv7.ipk
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll/org....1.0_armv7.ipk

Emulator
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...5.9-3_i686.ipk
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//or...1.1.0_i686.ipk

HOW TO LOGIN
    ============
    For reference here is the correct ways to login to each service

Yahoo: username or email
    MSN: email address
    Jabber: email (e.g. user@jabber.org)
    Sametime: username
    Office Communicator: email
    Facebook: email address
    IRC: username@server (e.g. username@irc.freenode.net)
    Novell Groupwise: username

OPEN SOURCE
    ===========
    Messaging plugins is fully open source.
    Find everything below.

Git Source: git.webos-internals.org Git - patches/messaging-plugins.git/summary
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    That would be cool... I like how most other IM apps on other devices when signed in has its own list... like yahoo or msn or aim i just do not like it to put them in my main contact list... I know the IM thing in the pre is Pidgin and it should support that just have to fund out a way of turning off contact syncing some kind of option or on off button for that would be UBER COOL
    First of all, the IM app in the pre is NOT Pidgin or based on Pidgin in any way. That is like saying that a Chevy is a Toyota because they both use gas. The IM app in the Pre uses an instant messaging library on the back-end called libpurple, which is the same library used by the Pidgin. The actual messaging app and Pidgin are unrelated.

Now, as far as having all those contacts put in your contacts app, you seem to be missing the whole point of Synergy. The way WebOS is designed, you never (or almost never) need to even look at the contacts application, except to manually enter a contact on the Pre, in which case, it doesn't matter how many contacts are in there. Further, if you have a cell number for texting a person and their IM information, you can link those contacts in the contacts app, allowing you to seemlessly transition from an IM conversation to texting and back with 2 screen taps, and keep it all organized as a single threaded conversation.

On the other hand, if you're really insistant on keeping them separated, and keeping them out of your contacts (although I think that's the wrong way to go) there are at least two commercial apps in the works that will allow for multi-protocol messaging support in a separate app. I strongly suspect that one or both of those will keep them separate. The built in app, probably never will, and it certainly shouldn't as a part of something like Greg's plugin.
    Last edited by VeeDubb65; 11/07/2009 at 02:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    OK Here it is, finally!
    Please read the below before installing...

First logoff from the messaging application then REMOVE ANY OLD VERSION FIRST.

REQUIREMENTS: org.webosinternals.patch (download link below)

Ensure you have the latest version of WebOS Quick install.
    If you get the Control file error install a newer version of WebOS Quick Install

IMPORTANT: Other messaging patches will break 1.1.0. So if you have problems you must uninstall all patches first.

Whats new in 1.1.0?
    ===================
    New download links (should help firefox users and allows for direct download)

Jabber, IRC, Office Communicator, Novell Groupwise and Sametime support

New patching for Palm files (more reliable)

Libpurple is now compiled with the same settings as Palm's libpurple. (Keep alive has been changed, should help battery life)

Fixed Yahoo not being removed on uninstall

3rd party certificates required for authentication (e.g. Company Office Communicator servers) can be copied to "/var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/libpurple/certificates/x509/tls_peers directory"
    The certificates must be in the same format as Pidgin. (On windows these are found in %appdata%\.purple\certificates\x509\tls_peers after you log in at least once using pidgin)

Facebook no longer installed by default. (It doesn't work but has been made available as someone may want to help debug?)

NOTE: You can only have one account for each service type that requires server and port information.

A Big Thanks To Adam for all his help with Office Communicator.

How to use IRC
    ==============
    Its not pretty but it does give us more than we have now. Keep an eye out for wIRC from webos internals. Should be released in the coming weeks/months.

Login to IRC. Hopefully it will connect and you will get an IRC window pop up. This window can be removed.
    Click new message/contact button (bottom left hand corner). Enter "/join #CHANNEL NAME" (E.g. /join #webos-internals). Then type anything in the message field and hit enter.

IRC should now connect to the channel in a new window. The /join window can also now be closed.

Download links
    ==============
    Palm Pre
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....9-3_armv7.ipk
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll/org....1.0_armv7.ipk

Emulator
    http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...5.9-3_i686.ipk
    http://users.tpg.com.au/gregroll//or...1.1.0_i686.ipk

HOW TO LOGIN
    ============
    For reference here is the correct ways to login to each service

Yahoo: username or email
    MSN: email address
    Jabber: email (e.g. user@jabber.org)
    Sametime: username
    Office Communicator: email
    Facebook: email address
    IRC: username@server (e.g. username@irc.freenode.net)
    Novell Groupwise: username

OPEN SOURCE
    ===========
    Messaging plugins is fully open source.
    Find everything below.

Git Source: git.webos-internals.org Git - patches/messaging-plugins.git/summary
    i signed onto msn yahoo and aim but when i try to sign off it just gets stuck
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

19.    #819  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i signed onto msn yahoo and aim but when i try to sign off it just gets stuck
    Hi maxima2k53,

What exactly is happening? And what are you doing to sign off?

Do you have any other messaging patches installed?

Thanks,
    Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi maxima2k53,

What exactly is happening? And what are you doing to sign off?

Do you have any other messaging patches installed?

Thanks,
    Greg
    yeah i do have messaging patches...so ur saying for the plugins to work i cant have any messaging patches installed at all or only to actually install this plugin?

Update: im hard headed so i didnt wanna uninstall patches yet to c if it worked well all plugins worked just that trying to sign off didnt work...when i click on sign off it just stayed there clicked and didnt do anything
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!