Page 4 of 122 FirstFirst 1234567891454104 ... LastLast
    chile are you using AIM along WITH MSN?

I think once you add MSN, AIM gets knocked off
    trim81, same here. I get Gtalk, MSN and Yahoo. I don't know anyone on AIM anyway, and only 1 friend on gtalk. Everyone else I know is on ICQ, MSN or Yahoo. I probably wouldn't miss AIM anyway.
    my guess is:

MSN and AIM both uses the category 'Buddies', therefore it is screwing the 2 up...

its only a guess thoug
    Off topic, but pertinent to installing this:

I have decided to use WebOS Doctor to reimage so I can install this. When it gets to the point where it tells me to connect the phone, the phone is never detected. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by CheshireFrog View Post

I have decided to use WebOS Doctor to reimage so I can install this. When it gets to the point where it tells me to connect the phone, the phone is never detected. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
    disconnect pre and connect again?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by CheshireFrog View Post

Thanks.

You must have the novacom drivers installed on your desktop first. Novacom is available for windows, mac and linux, so you shouldn't have too much trouble.

The most ***** proof way to get the novacom drivers installed is to go download the SDK from palm, but if you search aroung a little, they are not hard to find.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    You must have the novacom drivers installed on your desktop first. Novacom is available for windows, mac and linux, so you shouldn't have too much trouble.
    You know what's weird? When I ran the 1.4 version of WebOS Doctor the first thing it did was stop the NovaCom service and uninstall it. Anyway, i have the drivers, a reboot will get them back, thanks.

I'm glad you saw this, VeeDub. Do you think I should reimage and install, or would I be better off waiting for Greg to make an install package for the upgraded 1.2?

I am so planning on donating to this cause when I get home tonight. Great work.
    Trim 81 im am using Aim And Msn And yahoo They all seem to be working for me
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Like the previous posters have said, I am using a new WebOS 1.2 install and my aim and gtalk are broken :/
    so with new windows live you can be signed into two locations at once. however using this i am able to sign into it on the phone but it kicks me off on the desktop then i sign back in on the desktop and it kicks me off on the phone.

gtalk and live/msn seem to be working but no aim at the momment
    MatterOfFactJack
    Hey guys, I would recommend that you do not install this plug-in package until we get it tested and operational. Sure, you could experiment with it, but we can't guarantee that it won't damage your phone.

If you have any doubt in your ability, then don't install it.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Hey guys, I would recommend that you do not install this plug-in package until we get it tested and operational. Sure, you could experiment with it, but we can't guarantee that it won't damage your phone.

If you have any doubt in your ability, then don't install it.
    thanx for the advice...i already installed it and it works gr8 signing on to msn...just cant sign into yahoo and aim
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

i added this plug in and it doesnt seem to work. not only does my aim now not work but none of the other add-ons like yahoo messenger works. i am running on webOS 1.2

i used the webOS installer and used the ipk for the pre. was i suppose to use the ipk for the emulator?

please help
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    UPDATE!!!!

It seems there is a huge difference between the Palm database that stores IM information on a clean 1.2 Pre and an upgraded Pre from 1.1. My testers were all clean 1.2 uses and my emulator is obviously clean 1.2. I must appologise. I will fix this up ASAP. Please check back shortly.

UPDATE 2
    I have a workaround just waiting for some more testing around contacts before I post. Check back shortly. Hopefully within the next 24 hours I will have a fully working version for both Clean 1.2 and 1.1 to 1.2 Pre's.

UPDATE 3
    Whilst the workaround makes the plugins work it will muck up your Palm profile
    Check back soon and I should have a working install for upgraded 1.2 users.
    Thanks everyone for your understanding

MESSAGING PLUGINS
    =================
    Is a set of plugins which are added to the native Messaging application. (See picture attachment)

SUPPORTED WEBOS
    =================
    1.2. Sorry they changed things from 1.1 to 1.2.

AVAILABLE PLUGINS
    =================
    Live Messenger
    Yahoo
    (Sorry I did hope to have Facebook Chat working but I am having serious troubles with it.)

HOW TO INSTALL
    ==============
    Please note: There is two versions of "Messaging Plugins". One for WebOS (armv7) and one for the emulator (i686).
    Please note: This program should be uninstalled before performing a WebOS update.
    Please note: Installation will take some time. Be patient.
    Please note: The installer will install just wait for luna to restart.

Install using WebOS Quick Install (http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...k-install.html)

KNOWN ISSUES (Thanks to freakout and Abyssul)
    =============================================
    • Can't add to buddy list
    • When typing in a contact the icons for icq,live and facebook near "IM with XXXX Using:" are missing. (See picture attachment)
    • Once you install the mod and add a Windows Live account to Messaging, Synergy will pull your buddies into the Contacts application. But if you then try and link those WL contacts with other contacts, the Edit Contact view will freeze up on the "Linking..."
    • Slightly more scary is that once you've linked the WL contact, it will leave you completely unable to edit contact details for that person. All the information you've previously entered is still there - but you won't be able to see it or change it. The contact card will be blank, apart from their contact pic.
    • To add insult to injury, the WL contact will then become the Primary contact, making their WL username permanently display.

DOWNLOAD INSTALLERS
    ===================

Download the IPK's from Messaging Plugins - Windows Live
    Pre - org.webosinternals.messaging_1.0.0_armv7.ipk
    Emu - org.webosinternals.messaging_1.0.0_i686.ipk

(I am having trouble attaching them here. I will get it sorted shotly)

DONATE
    ======
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted

THANKS
    ================
    A big thanks to the following people for their help and support.

Abyssul - very big thanks!
    SMKOUT333 - very big thanks!
    rwhitby - Main Page - WebOS Internals
    PuffTheMagic - PréYourMind | Free Opensource Pré Developer Hosting
    palm open source team - Welcome to opensource.palm.com - Palm
    jettero
    Pidgin (libpurple) developers - WhatIsLibpurple – Pidgin – Trac

Everyone who offered to help but due to timezone differences were unable to!

WISH LIST
    =========
    Make account sync work
    Fix icon missing when searching for IM
    Facebook Support
    Jabber Support
    Log off button for individual accounts
    SIPE support

UNINSTALL
    =========
    There is currently no GUI way to remove "Messaging Plugins".

There are two ways to uninstall.

1 - Use Web OS Quick Install.

2 - Via Linux access to the phone.

This can be achived various ways...
    Putty - Putty - WebOS Internals
    Terminal - Application:Terminal - WebOS Internals
    PreBrew - Tutorials webOS Installing An Ipk - WebOS Internals
    Novacom - Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals

Run the following command:
    /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.messaging.prerm

TECHNICAL INFORMATION
    =====================
    Below contains information about "Messaging Plugins"

"Messaging Plugins" uses a new service which is based off the Palm messaging service.
    This service is a connector to libpurpleadapter.

The service is called im.libpurpleext.greg.
    The service is executed by /usr/bin/LibpurpleAdapterExt.

The following commands can be run in Linux to perform installation and configuration options.

Install a messaging plugin
    =========================
    Run the below command to install a plugin manually. This will only install one of the supplied plugins.

sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh InstallPlugin <PLUGIN NAME>

Exmaple
    =======
    sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh InstallPlugin Live

Remove a messaging plugin
    =========================
    Run the below command to remove a plugin manually. This will only uninstall one of the supplied plugins not the inbuild WebOS plugins.

sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh RemovePlugin Live

Example
    =======
    sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh RemovePlugin <PLUGIN NAME>

Patch the messaging application
    ===============================
    Run this after updating WebOS to a new version.
    sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh PatchMessagingApp
    i added this plug in and it doesnt seem to work. not only does my aim now not work but none of the other add-ons like yahoo messenger works. i am running on webOS 1.2

i used the webOS installer and used the ipk for the pre. was i suppose to use the ipk for the emulator?

please help
    even after uninstalling still no luck with aim... but i even had trouble connecting to aim on my computer today.. i dunno it might not have anything to do with this plugin.. i will have to try again some other tim
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Facebook/myspace chat would be awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    Facebook/myspace chat would be awesome!
    Facebook Chat will be coming first. MySpace will have to wait. Primarily we need to get this working for 1.2.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    i am using ICQ and MSN And AIM the only one that seems not to be working right is yahoo..hmmm doesn anyone else have the same problem
    Quote Originally Posted by chile_man View Post
    i am using ICQ and MSN And AIM the only one that seems not to be working right is yahoo..hmmm doesn anyone else have the same problem
    none worked for me.. how did you get the plug in on your pre?

did you use the webOS quick install or the patches?
    yeah i used the IPK here i will explain how i did it