Page 39 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2934353637383940414243444989 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkims View Post
    This problem also happens to me. I can run that command for you and give you the feedback.
    I will add a bit more detail to my issue, my ability to send works fine when I turn my phone on for about 20minutes. After that I have to go into "Luna Manager" and restart java, that fixes it for a time. Rinse and repeat.
    awesome cuz i was just about to post that i have never rooted my pre before and was kinda worried about doing it. so hopefully, u can provide the info needed for a permanent fix.

Is Luna manager an app u've downloaded or part of the phone? this simple fix could be the temp fix i was looking for.
  2.    #762  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    hey greg so when do u think ull be releasing 1.0.5.....sometime this week?
    Hi maxima2k53,

I really hope so!

Jabber has been tested on the emulator and works well.
    Live Communicator is in final testing now.
    Sametime and Groupwise are hopefully being tested but I will release as soon is Live Communicator is done.

So maybe in the next 2 days! Cross fingers!

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi maxima2k53,

I really hope so!

Jabber has been tested on the emulator and works well.
    Live Communicator is in final testing now.
    Sametime and Groupwise are hopefully being tested but I will release as soon is Live Communicator is done.

So maybe in the next 2 days! Cross fingers!

Greg
    awesome greg cant w8!!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

4.    #764  
    Quote Originally Posted by tabacoff View Post
    awesome cuz i was just about to post that i have never rooted my pre before and was kinda worried about doing it. so hopefully, u can provide the info needed for a permanent fix.

Is Luna manager an app u've downloaded or part of the phone? this simple fix could be the temp fix i was looking for.
    Cool!

Hopefully if I can get the output of whats going on when it dies we can get a fix.

The next version has a keep alive change to match Palm's out of the box implimentation maybe that might help too.

Thanks,
    Greg
    is MSN messenger playing nicely with AIM witth these later builds?
  6.    #766  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    Hi trim81,

I don't know I don't have an AIM account. I havent really changed anything in regards to AIM or MSN so I would say not sorry .

If you could follow the instructions at post http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2010129 and then explain exactly what happens etc that would be great.

Please P.M me with the details from the link above.

Thanks!
    Greg
    Last edited by greg_roll; 11/02/2009 at 07:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    msn messenger is playing great with aim, when I add yahoo I have a lil problem with the half circle... But I can tell you is working fine msn and aim!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    msn messenger is playing great with aim, when I add yahoo I have a lil problem with the half circle... But I can tell you is working fine msn and aim!!!
    From my experience the half circle is an indication that you are signed into some but not all of the messaging protocols you have configured. Specifically, I have Yahoo and Live configured, and when I was having trouble signing in to Yahoo I would have the half circle and only see my Live contacts. After adding the Yahoo mail account associated with my IM account both sign in seamlessly, and I have a full circle.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    so what I'm suppose to do to my yahoo work fine, if you can explain me clearly.. Thanx!

Quote Originally Posted by CheshireFrog View Post
    From my experience the half circle is an indication that you are signed into some but not all of the messaging protocols you have configured. Specifically, I have Yahoo and Live configured, and when I was having trouble signing in to Yahoo I would have the half circle and only see my Live contacts. After adding the Yahoo mail account associated with my IM account both sign in seamlessly, and I have a full circle.
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    so what I'm suppose to do to my yahoo work fine, if you can explain me clearly.. Thanx!
    If your problem is like mine, I was able to sign in to Yahoo with no problems initially, but if I got signed out I was not able to sign back in unless I deleted the yahoo account and re-entered it. When this would happen I could see that I was signed in to Windows Live/MSN, because I could see all my MSN contacts. Likewise, I could see that I was not signed into Yahoo, because none of my Yahoo contacts appeared to be online. the green dot would show as half a dot at this point.

At the time I was just deleting the account and re-adding it to get signed back in, until Greg suggested that I add the Yahoo mail account associated with my Yahoo IM account to my Pre.

I went to the mail application, added an account, entered the info for the Yahoo mail account, and since then I have had no problem with my Yahoo IM account. When I sign out of Yahoo at work it automatically signs me in to Yahoo on the Pre. Couldn't be any better.

Until Greg suggested this I had completely forgotten that there even was a mail account associated with mu Yahoo IM account. When I signed in I found that the only mail in the inbox was the "Welcome to Yahoo mail" message. I still don't use the mail account for anything, but if it resolves the sign in issue with my Yahoo IM, I don't mind having it configured and empty.

Hope that helps.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    So is MSN support finally working without adding everyone to your Synergy contacts?
    Is there any noticeable slowdown in using this? I recently migrated over to the Pre and still trying to grasp all these tweaks.

With the iPhone things like this would have a negative effect on the overall performance of the phone
    well my problem is the half circle and problemas to sign in with yahoo... But like you said I should add an email account .. I have a yahoo email account and its the default in my pre that's why I don't know what's the problem!

Quote Originally Posted by CheshireFrog View Post
    If your problem is like mine, I was able to sign in to Yahoo with no problems initially, but if I got signed out I was not able to sign back in unless I deleted the yahoo account and re-entered it. When this would happen I could see that I was signed in to Windows Live/MSN, because I could see all my MSN contacts. Likewise, I could see that I was not signed into Yahoo, because none of my Yahoo contacts appeared to be online. the green dot would show as half a dot at this point.

At the time I was just deleting the account and re-adding it to get signed back in, until Greg suggested that I add the Yahoo mail account associated with my Yahoo IM account to my Pre.

I went to the mail application, added an account, entered the info for the Yahoo mail account, and since then I have had no problem with my Yahoo IM account. When I sign out of Yahoo at work it automatically signs me in to Yahoo on the Pre. Couldn't be any better.

Until Greg suggested this I had completely forgotten that there even was a mail account associated with mu Yahoo IM account. When I signed in I found that the only mail in the inbox was the "Welcome to Yahoo mail" message. I still don't use the mail account for anything, but if it resolves the sign in issue with my Yahoo IM, I don't mind having it configured and empty.

Hope that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by travisFC View Post
    Is there any noticeable slowdown in using this? I recently migrated over to the Pre and still trying to grasp all these tweaks.

With the iPhone things like this would have a negative effect on the overall performance of the phone
    loss of battery of course if signed in all day
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    loss of battery of course if signed in all day
    Any more than having Gtalk signed in all day?
    Quote Originally Posted by travisFC View Post
    Any more than having Gtalk signed in all day?
    no idea I use aim msn and yahoo
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Srry if this is on the 10 pages but how I can add a contact to my friends in MSN messenger?
    Quote Originally Posted by efrommel View Post
    Srry if this is on the 10 pages but how I can add a contact to my friends in MSN messenger?
    you cant! you need to do that in your pc!
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Can preware install the plugins?
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    Can preware install the plugins?
    nope u need to install with webos quick install!