Page 38 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2833343536373839404142434888 ... LastLast
    For some reason, I think a few people who did the update did get the Yahoo option. Mmmm... maybe those people had played with the Messenger patch before?
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

2.    #742  
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz View Post
    greg: Any plans to enable the novell messenger plugin for libpurple?
    Theres still Novell users out there? Wow! lol.

Ill add it to the list but it wont come for a little while.

EDIT:
    I was feeling really nice and has added it to my latest version.

I will P.M you if you could test it for me that would be great.
    Last edited by greg_roll; 10/31/2009 at 04:38 AM.
  3.    #743  
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    i can test office communicator. Send me a PM if you would like.
    Excellent thanks you.

I'm just finishing an update to it now. My other tester found a config issue which im 90% fixed!

Ill P.M very shortly

Thanks,
    Greg
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Waiting patiently (sorta) for this next version. Oh so want to install it. Of course now with the 1.3.1 teaser, just might be forced to wait a little longer.

I messed around with palmdatabase and found that some yahoo stuff was in there. I managed to get the icon and the supposed ability to add it to my pre. It showed up, I could add an account but alas, it wouldn't connect ever. So sad. Actually my preference is probably to add MSN. That is what I really want to see.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    I can sign in to Facebook, but friends show up as numerical IDs instead of names in the buddy list. Anyone else experiencing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by xcomputerman View Post
    I can sign in to Facebook, but friends show up as numerical IDs instead of names in the buddy list. Anyone else experiencing this?
    The short answer is that Facebook support is HIGHLY buggy, and simply does not work correctly.

Greg has said that he will be removing it from the next release, until such a time as it can be made to function properly.
    ive tried to reinstall twice now, and im still getting the same bug...

i can sign into msn fine, and can recieve fine, but cant send. the message just stays grey. im just wondering if the release of .5 is soon enough that i should hold off, or try to find a way to get past this? love this app too much to be without it.

keep up the great work greg, and veedub, im not sure if ur connected to this project, but thanks for your time in replying to problems and trying to help out.
  8.    #748  
    Quote Originally Posted by tabacoff View Post

i can sign into msn fine, and can recieve fine, but cant send. the message just stays grey. im just wondering if the release of .5 is soon enough that i should hold off, or try to find a way to get past this? love this app too much to be without it.

keep up the great work greg, and veedub, im not sure if ur connected to this project, but thanks for your time in replying to problems and trying to help out.
    Hi tabacoff,

Weird you can't send anything!

1.0.5 doesn't change anything around MSN so if you could do the following we might be able to get to the bottom of this.

Sign out of messaging
    Root to your Pre
    Run
    kill `ps -ef | grep LibpurpleAdapterExt | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'`
    Run
    /usr/bin/LibpurpleAdapterExt

Sign in (you will see heaps of stuff in Putty)

Try and send a message to someone.
    PM me the output of the above.

Thanks,
    Greg

P.S Yes a huge thanks to VeeDubb65!
    Quote Originally Posted by tabacoff View Post

I get the same bug from time to time, the only thing that fixes it is resetting the Pre. It feels like something gets turned off and doesn't restart. Probably the data connection transporter gets disconnected for MSN messenger and the send message event doesn't reconnect it.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    My MSN Live Messenger account takes forever to connect and never connects properly. It shows a half green circle (which no one has explained that I can find) and does not always send messages. I also sometimes do not receive messages. It is highly unreliable so I just don't use it. Live is the only IM client I use and I really want this on my phone but unstable is unusable.

I guess I have to wait for Palm to add it in natively.

This is not to take anything away from what Greg has done. It does work for a lot of people and he and VeeDub has been more than helpful trying to help people.
    when is 1.05 coming out ? I cant wait, hehehe.
    Quote Originally Posted by aparigraba View Post
    when is 1.05 coming out ? I cant wait, hehehe.
    +1
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I could test Sametime for you.

It would helpful if there was an option to enable/disable individual accounts instead of the all or nothing way it is currently. If you have a way to add that to your code that would be very helpful. Especially since Yahoo & MSN don't permit being logged in more than once.
  14. Ryo
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Same Problem here....

Facebook sends me own text back from 9665583160

And Messenger goes Offline really often....

WebOS 1.2.1

Terrible!

Is there any bugfix?

too many sites on this topic
    Hi!

Could someone help me?
    I want to uninstall individual plug-ins... but I can't... i always get this message

Uninstalling Messenger Plugin...
    Querying com_palm_accounts_AccountType for id...
    Found: 1099511627793
    java.library.path=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/bin:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/bin:/usr/lib
    com.palm.oasis.activerecord.ActiveRecordException: PRIMARY KEY must be unique - executing: DELETE FROM com_palm_accounts_AccountType WHERE name='Live Messenger'
    at com.palm.oasis.activerecord.BatchOperation$SqlWrite.execute(BatchOperation.java:261)
    at com.palm.oasis.activerecord.Batch.execute(Batch.java:113)
    at org.webosinternals.messaging.Main.RemoveLivePlugin(Main.java:239)
    at org.webosinternals.messaging.Main.RemovePlugin(Main.java:177)
    at org.webosinternals.messaging.Main.main(Main.java:79)
    Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: PRIMARY KEY must be unique
    at java.sql.SQLException.<init>(SQLException.java:70)
    at org.sqlite.DB.execute(DB.java:276)
    at org.sqlite.DB.executeUpdate(DB.java:282)
    at org.sqlite.PrepStmt.executeUpdate(PrepStmt.java:77)
    at com.palm.oasis.activerecord.WriteQuery.executeUpdateStatement(WriteQuery.java:75)
    at com.palm.oasis.activerecord.WriteQuery.execute(WriteQuery.java:55)
    at com.palm.oasis.activerecord.BatchOperation$SqlWrite.execute(BatchOperation.java:259)
    at com.palm.oasis.activerecord.Batch.execute(Batch.java:113)
    ... 3 more
    Live Messenger Plugin uninstallation Error
    com.palm.oasis.activerecord.ActiveRecordException: PRIMARY KEY must be unique - executing: DELETE FROM com_palm_accounts_AccountType WHERE name='Live Messenger'
  16.    #756  
    Quote Originally Posted by djkraven View Post

It would helpful if there was an option to enable/disable individual accounts instead of the all or nothing way it is currently. If you have a way to add that to your code that would be very helpful. Especially since Yahoo & MSN don't permit being logged in more than once.
    Hi djkraven,

Thanks. Ill PM you with the details.

Greg
  17.    #757  
    Quote Originally Posted by djkraven View Post

Hi djkraven,

Login/logout I will hopefully include in a later version.

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi djkraven,

Login/logout I will hopefully include in a later version.

Greg
    hey greg so when do u think ull be releasing 1.0.5.....sometime this week?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    hey greg so when do u think ull be releasing 1.0.5.....sometime this week?
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi tabacoff,

Weird you can't send anything!

1.0.5 doesn't change anything around MSN so if you could do the following we might be able to get to the bottom of this.

Sign out of messaging
    Root to your Pre
    Run
    kill `ps -ef | grep LibpurpleAdapterExt | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'`
    Run
    /usr/bin/LibpurpleAdapterExt

Sign in (you will see heaps of stuff in Putty)

Try and send a message to someone.
    PM me the output of the above.

Thanks,
    Greg

P.S Yes a huge thanks to VeeDubb65!

This problem also happens to me. I can run that command for you and give you the feedback.
    I will add a bit more detail to my issue, my ability to send works fine when I turn my phone on for about 20minutes. After that I have to go into "Luna Manager" and restart java, that fixes it for a time. Rinse and repeat.
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.