Page 37 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2732333435363738394041424787 ... LastLast
    Well i have to say i been happy with this app both versions 1.3 and 1.4 give the error reading control file but its always worked for me :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    ok a reboot seemed to fix everything. Facebook chat and other seem to work. but still the ONLY thing I want to work is MSN and it is not working - says cannot connect to server try again.

I am thinking this is because my MSN list is too big. I mean it's massive, hundreds if not thousands of contacts. could this be a reason ?

Why in gods green earth would you want that many names for OMFG
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Has anybody experienced a bug that duplicates or triples the number of Messaging contacts you have after linking MSN contracts with your own phone contacts? Funny, it was giving me 2 dups with the previous version, now I get 3 dups with the new version.
    I had the same prob when going from 1.3 to 1.4 i removed the old and installed the new and it worked but had 2 of every msn yahoo contact remove the account and then put it back in and you should no longer have the double contacts... that's what i did and it fixed it...
    Quote Originally Posted by gitit20 View Post
    I had the same prob when going from 1.3 to 1.4 i removed the old and installed the new and it worked but had 2 of every msn yahoo contact remove the account and then put it back in and you should no longer have the double contacts... that's what i did and it fixed it...
    Funny that after deleting my MSN Messenger account I still see those MSN contacts under Contacts and I can't delete them. So I'm doing a restart right now.

They are still there... Last time something like this happened, with a google msn link that I did, the only solution was to remove google contacts too.
    So, my guess is that these plugins should also create a contacts account under contacts so that if we need to delete them we can easily do it by removing the PlugIn contacts account. I know this is possible, because other apps like Where and Fandango already do it.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I just tried installing this on my emulator, got the control error, and now the messanger wont even start...
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elryon View Post
    I just tried installing this on my emulator, got the control error, and now the messanger wont even start...
    Did you try to install the ARM version on the emulator instead of the i686 version on the emulator?
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Well I was just getting ready to install this, when I saw that 1.0.5 will be released very soon. So, waiting patiently... or trying to be patient while waiting for the latest and greatest. then I will readily install it.
    -----------------
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWill View Post
    Did you try to install the ARM version on the emulator instead of the i686 version on the emulator?
    nope, used the i686 version. made sure of that when I downloaded it.
    Call Rejecter Patch
    Make your messanger look like the iphone's
    SMS tone per Contact
    No Alert During call

Thanks are always appreciated or for a really big Thanks you can always:
    (it can go a long way to convince my fiancee that this is worth my time)

Please feel free to PM for more direct assistance.
    So is everybody OK with having your MSN Messenger contacts stay forever in your phone even if you are no longer using the plugin? I hope Greg comes out with a solution for deleting these contacts if we no longer need them. I was under the impression that they will go away after deleting the MSN Messenger account, but they are still stored under contacts.
    so whens 1.0.5 getting out to the public?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    So is everybody OK with having your MSN Messenger contacts stay forever in your phone even if you are no longer using the plugin? I hope Greg comes out with a solution for deleting these contacts if we no longer need them. I was under the impression that they will go away after deleting the MSN Messenger account, but they are still stored under contacts.
    Well, if I ever need to get rid of a contact I know how to do it via the database they are stored in.

1.0.5 I want it, I need it, i want some more of it. Ok, not more of it, I would have to have some to have more of it.
    -----------------
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Yeah that is rather annoying. I wanted the MSN contacts gone so bad I ended up doctoring my phone. MSN seems to be the only contacts that wont go away. I'm actually wondering if this isn't an issues with removing the account though. After I removed the MSN account from my phone my friend told me I still showed as being online even though I wasn't signed in from anywhere else.
    The thing that is interesting about the MSN contacts not deleting, is that they deleted just fine for me.

Granted, I had a total of one MSN contact, because I made up an account just for testing purposes, but the instant I deleted my MSN account, that contact went away.
  14.    #734  
    1.0.5 will be out very soon.

I have jabber working nicely in the emulator and im just fixing up Office communicator. I havent found anyone to test sametime so ill release it as is.

I then plan to look at how contact syncing works. Especially MSN.
    thank you.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    1.0.5 will be out very soon.

I have jabber working nicely in the emulator and im just fixing up Office communicator. I havent found anyone to test sametime so ill release it as is.

I then plan to look at how contact syncing works. Especially MSN.
    i can test office communicator. Send me a PM if you would like.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    greg: Any plans to enable the novell messenger plugin for libpurple?
    could anyone tell me how to properly uninstall this plugin???

I tried uninstalling using preware and WOSQI 2.8

It says that everything is removed but in the message application the button for Yahoo! is still there and 3 more buttons (without text or image) are there... they refuse to go , I tried using the WebOS Repair thing without patch compatibility.... and nothing...
    If I'm not mistaken someone found that Yahoo is now part of WebOS in the latest update 1.2.1.

Can someone verify my statement?

I'm not sure why the boxes would still be there.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Palm has said that the Pixi will have Yahoo IM, so that's something I'd expect probably in an update in a couple weeks.