Page 36 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2631323334353637383940414686 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    I can only see google talk AIM and Yahoo.....

none of which I want.

I only want MSN live messaging. WHY isn't it there? and WHAT are the steps to take to get it there? reinstall?

please help! I used 1.0.4 not the 1.0.3 .pkg and im using the latest QI
    this has happened to me several times....do this.....

uninstall via device management...and wait for reboot...then when u go by installing thru qi...try and keep the screen on ur pre on the whole time by tapping the screen every so often like 5 or 10 seconds...dont let the screen turn on basically...it should work now...yeah its a very weird process but it worked for me...i left the screen to turn off while installation and didnt get msn or facebook in the list after keeping the screen on...all plugins installed
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post

uninstall via device management...and wait for reboot...then when u go by installing thru qi...try and keep the screen on ur pre on the whole time by tapping the screen every so often like 5 or 10 seconds...dont let the screen turn on basically...it should work now...yeah its a very weird process but it worked for me...i left the screen to turn off while installation and didnt get msn or facebook in the list after keeping the screen on...all plugins installed

Ok im gonna try that right now. brb

Ok so i deleted via device management - and rebooted - when I go back into device management the "messaging plugins" is removed....however it is still on my phone. I can still only see AIM, Yahoo, and Google - NO MSN - why is this stuff still here ? how do i remove it and reinstall ?

any ideas?
    Ok so i deleted via device management - and rebooted - when I go back into device management the "messaging plugins" is removed....however it is still on my phone. I can still only see AIM, Yahoo, and Google - NO MSN - why is this stuff still here ? how do i remove it and reinstall ?

any ideas?

well done - it worked
    you smart little *******. lol

how u figure that out ? to just keep tapping.
    well done - it worked

now another problem - my login/pw doesn't work

how do I get around this ?
    well done - it worked

i dont know man i just realized it one day that it only works by keeping the screen on...its weird right but w.e eff it....it works huh
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

now another problem - my login/pw doesn't work

how do I get around this ?
    no idea dude...i think greg is gonna be releasing 1.0.5 soon so hold on tight

EDIT: remember to say thank you if i did help u out
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    ok so for me every time i try to chat with someone on facebook it signs me off and doesn't send. anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?
    Quote Originally Posted by swtoombs View Post
    ok so for me every time i try to chat with someone on facebook it signs me off and doesn't send. anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?
    facebook doesnt work and wont be working for a while
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I have everything installed. HEre are my issues:

1) Yahoo works (can create account / sign in)
    2) Facebook login doesn't work
    3) MSN login doesn't work
    4) When I click on the "offline" button and make it say available --- it does nothing and stays offline

hrm.... i read in an earlier part of the thread to create a new random MSN profile and link accounts ? is this a way around it ?
    I have everything installed. HEre are my issues:

1) Yahoo works (can create account / sign in)
    2) Facebook login doesn't work
    3) MSN login doesn't work
    4) When I click on the "offline" button and make it say available --- it does nothing and stays offline

hrm.... i read in an earlier part of the thread to create a new random MSN profile and link accounts ? is this a way around it ?

now my messaging application can open --- but I can't send any TXT's to my friends. *** is going on ?
    now my messaging application can open --- but I can't send any TXT's to my friends. *** is going on ?
    btw to sign into msn...even though it says screen name...i recommend u add the @hotmail.com after ur screen name...and if this plugin doesnt work i also recommend not going crazy it is a beta plugin or probably even alpha...if it doesnt work then just remove all ur accounts u created and remove the plugin thru device management

EDIT: remember facebook doesnt work yet or probably wont work at all till palm implements this...the only ones that i have on my pre that work are aim msn and yahoo...havent tried the rest
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

ok a reboot seemed to fix everything. Facebook chat and other seem to work. but still the ONLY thing I want to work is MSN and it is not working - says cannot connect to server try again.

I am thinking this is because my MSN list is too big. I mean it's massive, hundreds if not thousands of contacts. could this be a reason ?
    ok a reboot seemed to fix everything. Facebook chat and other seem to work. but still the ONLY thing I want to work is MSN and it is not working - says cannot connect to server try again.

I am thinking this is because my MSN list is too big. I mean it's massive, hundreds if not thousands of contacts. could this be a reason ?
    maybe not sure
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

my yahoo ID has a few hundred and i could not get it to work - made a new "phone ID" and that one with only a couple contacts works great - soo yes, a huge contact list may be a problem
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    my yahoo ID has a few hundred and i could not get it to work - made a new "phone ID" and that one with only a couple contacts works great - soo yes, a huge contact list may be a problem

I suspected as much. Now is there a way around that ? like creating another account from scratch and "linking" it to that one?
    or am i screwed.
    Just an update for folks following this project:

Greg has pushed 1.0.5 out to his testers, and after some initial hickups with the wrong packages being pushed, it looks like 1.0.5 is a real champ.

I have tested it as extensively as I can, and it looks great. No install errors, fully functional.

It includes support for Google Talk, AIM, Yahoo, Jabber, Sametime, Live Messenger, ICQ and Live Communicator. If you're upgrading from a past version, Facebook will still show up, but will not work properly.

It's 100% up to Greg and the guys from webos-internals, but IMO, this release is ready for the public feeds. It's really excellent work.

Either way, I'm sure it will be available here soon, provided that the other testers have a similar experience with it.
    sorry if this has been talked about but i havent seen anything related to it. ive used this app for MSN (only) since i got my pre about a month ago or so. it installed fine, and worked fine untill 1-2days ago. i can still login, see everything fine, but now can only recieve msgs, when i try to send a msg, the text for it just stays grey and the contact does not get the msg. any ideas? thank again for the great app
    Quote Originally Posted by tabacoff View Post
    sorry if this has been talked about but i havent seen anything related to it. ive used this app for MSN (only) since i got my pre about a month ago or so. it installed fine, and worked fine untill 1-2days ago. i can still login, see everything fine, but now can only recieve msgs, when i try to send a msg, the text for it just stays grey and the contact does not get the msg. any ideas? thank again for the great app
    This has been discussed a bit, but I'm not sure there's a solid explanation yet. (I'll admit that I haven't read every post)

Have you recently installed any patches?

Have you had the issue with repeated 1.2.1 updates?

Have you left yourself logged in from another location?

The thing is, that 'most' people are simply able to use this package without any serious difficulties.

Worst comes to worse, the newest testing version, which Greg says will be released as soon as he get's some specific feedback from one of his other testers, seems to be extremely smooth.

In the mean time, you might simply try reinstalling it through WOSQI.
    i guess i should just reinstall to test it out, but no issues with repeat updates, msn @ home was closed, and no new patches (just updates). like i said ill try the reinstall and see if that fixes it. thanks

E: tried a reinstall and msg's still won't send. when i reinstalled tho, all my seetings for msn where still saved, should they have been cleared and i just did it wrong?
    Last edited by tabacoff; 10/28/2009 at 05:53 AM.