Page 35 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2530313233343536373839404585 ... LastLast
    ok, finally I got someone online, conversation went perfect.

the only problem I'm finding are the notifications, does anyone has this problem or is it just me?

no sound or vibration, only the little notification in the lower bar....
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Ohhh Facebook is finally added, awesome! (didn't notice because it's not added to the thread title). Gonna try this out now, thanks.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Here's a question for you folks. I had added my live messenger account and of course it added all my contacts which was fine at first. I decided I wanted to get rid of some of them so I disconnected and removed my msn account from messenger. The only problem is even after I removed the account all the msn contacts are still in the phone and I can get rid of them. Any ideas?
    I am only using MSN, for most of the time it seems to work well..

i do find however that it will only stay connected for an hour or 2 at a time, once it disconnects there is no auto-reconnect

sometimes the phone will show me as online, but its not, opening the messaging app a couple of time will trigger it to reconnect

apart from that it all works as i would expect
  5.    #685  
    Hi everyone,

As you know this doesn't support 1.1.3 but I am testing a workaround with one person. Hopefully I will get an answer very shortly. If it works it will be version 1.4 of my plugins back reved to work on WebOS 1.1.3.

Ill keep you posted...
    Greg
    just got it know works well from what i can see only a couple of things to point out like it tends to randomly log me out and also would a be a very nice feature to have seperate cards per convo (live messenger)
    UK PRE USER
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Greg, fantastic job! Everything installed correctly and seems to run well with one minor exception and it may just be me so I'm throwing this out there. I logged in to facebook IM on the Pre and it signs me in but a.) it uses numbers for everyone instead on names and b.) if I am in a conversation and swipe back i'm logged out and it will try and sign in but just spins......

Anyone have any thoughts??

Thanks again Greg! Amazing work!!!

Phil
  8.    #688  
    Hi everyone,

For those of you who may have missed it Facebook doesn't work on the Pre .

It will not be installed by default in the next version.

I will continue to try and get it to work but I decided to put it on a lower priority to get other things done.

Thanks!
    Greg
    Greg, What new things should we expect on your next update? Thanks
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I wonder if the FB client is something Palm can incorporate.
    i have a quick question...........
    is there any way to send images and receive images or music files using this app?
    and is there any way to change the themes on this app to look like the iphone messenger chat window with the bubbles?
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    If FB would just complete their XMPP integration for their chat, then it would be really easy to implement
    Ok what am i doing wrong ? I upgraded QI to latest version - and which do i install 1.0.3 ? or 1.0.4 ?

i tried 1.0.4. and it apparently installed succesfully (no errors) - but HOW DO I LOAD THE THING? I can't find it in my app launcher page etc. Where is it?

do I need to install 1.0.3. THEN 1.0.4. ? or ?????
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Yeah the facebook thing doesn't work too well. Oh well, guess I will keep holding out for Palm to get full integration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    Ok what am i doing wrong ? I upgraded QI to latest version - and which do i install 1.0.3 ? or 1.0.4 ?

i tried 1.0.4. and it apparently installed succesfully (no errors) - but HOW DO I LOAD THE THING? I can't find it in my app launcher page etc. Where is it?

do I need to install 1.0.3. THEN 1.0.4. ? or ?????
    open the messaging app, pull down the messaging menu in the upper left corner, select preferences and accounts, and press the add account button. If the install worked you should see at least Yahoo and Windows Live in addition to AOL and Google.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
  16.    #696  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Greg, What new things should we expect on your next update? Thanks
    Hi TreoRock,

Im just finishing off now.

• The new version will have jabber, live communicator and sametime support. (With that support for specifying a server and TLS options for those).

• Linux patching of Palm files. (Previously this was done by my Java installer)

I am also looking at the patches Palm added to their libpurple implimentation like keep alive values and sign on patching. The first I think may save battery life and the second I believe makes the account to sign on a lot quicker instead of just sitting there.

I hope to pass the new version to testers in the next day or two so it shouldn't be too long to a new version

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi TreoRock,

• The new version will have jabber, live communicator and sametime support. (With that support for specifying a server and TLS options for those).

I am also looking at the patches Palm added to their libpurple implimentation like keep alive values and sign on patching. The first I think may save battery life and the second I believe makes the account to sign on a lot quicker instead of just sitting there.

I hope to pass the new version to testers in the next day or two so it shouldn't be too long to a new version

Greg
    Thanks for the update Greg!
    does this mean that we will be able to selectively choose which account(s) to sign on? thx.

Hi TreoRock,

Greg
    Hi TreoRock,

Greg
    If you need a tester for live communicator, I'm game.
    Quote Originally Posted by CheshireFrog View Post
    open the messaging app, pull down the messaging menu in the upper left corner, select preferences and accounts, and press the add account button. If the install worked you should see at least Yahoo and Windows Live in addition to AOL and Google.

I can only see google talk AIM and Yahoo.....

none of which I want.

I only want MSN live messaging. WHY isn't it there? and WHAT are the steps to take to get it there? reinstall?

please help! I used 1.0.4 not the 1.0.3 .pkg and im using the latest QI