Page 34 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2429303132333435363738394484 ... LastLast
    could someone please explain steps to uninstalling it with wosqi? thank you
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    any words on when single-account login will be possible? i have both an AIM and a YaooIM account, but don't want both of them logged on together all the time.

i can log on to YahooIM by itself for a bit, but as soon as I make/get a phone call AIM automatically logs itself on.
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    could someone please explain steps to uninstalling it with wosqi? thank you
    In WebOS QI go to Tools>Device Management. When the Device Management dialog opens you will see a list of User Installed Content on the right. Place a check in the box next to Messaging Plugins and click Uninstall at the bottom.

I used WebOS QI v.2.72 when I did this.

Hope that helps.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Greg, now that I have this working perfectly, I thought maybe I'd add a couple of things to the wish list for a future version.

When you're in the conversation card you see icons for the service for Yahoo and SMS, but nothing for Live. Now that it's possible to link contacts, and since I have many contacts that I communicate with on all three services, it'd be nice to see what service was used in a conversation.

Also, I'd like to echo un_designer's request for a way to prevent a service from signing in without removing the account. It's a small thing, but if I receive a call at work, when the call ends my phone signs in on all services and signs me out on my laptop.

Mind you, this package is so close to being perfect I won't complain if neither request is ever realized.
    I'm using 1.0.3 and it works fine. Contacts link fine with no issues. I've not really tried the Yahoo IM as i don't use it but MSN Live is working great!! Thanks for this app!!!
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Has anybody experienced a bug that duplicates or triples the number of Messaging contacts you have after linking MSN contracts with your own phone contacts? Funny, it was giving me 2 dups with the previous version, now I get 3 dups with the new version.
    Treorock can you please tell me how to link my msn account with the pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by bluediablito View Post
    Treorock can you please tell me how to link my msn account with the pre?
    Just tap on the contact name when you are inside a chat window.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    nice info guys! ICQ is ballin'
    does anyone know howto sign out MSN messenger. It's the only account I have in messenger, but I don't want to constantly be signed in and I'm not sure how to tell when I'm signed out without removing the account...
    Quote Originally Posted by kkohlmann View Post
    does anyone know howto sign out MSN messenger. It's the only account I have in messenger, but I don't want to constantly be signed in and I'm not sure how to tell when I'm signed out without removing the account...
    Click on the circle with the green dot in it at the top of the Buddies List and select Sign Off.
    hello to all .................great work so far..
    hey treorock is it normal that all my msn contacts are under "Other Contacts"
    when ever i pic a contact from msn on the top right hand corner it say messenger but i have no option to switch or add ....is this normal?
    or any one that can answer this question.......
    I have been keeping tabs on this thread and it seems like most of the kinks have been ironed out. I am interested in only using yahoo messenger via this plug in. I had some questions that hopefully someone can answer for me before i do:
    I know yahoo messenger/synergy is expected some time in the future with webos based on the pixie information...i'm wondering after installing this plugin, will i be able to use palms version when it finally hits( will uninstalling this plug in leave my contacts in original condition)
    Secondly, Does this plug in provide for just messaging or is there yahoo synergy where all my yahoo people are added to my contacts like the facebook synergy? I apologize in advance if these answers are buried in this thread somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexlevy117 View Post
    I have been keeping tabs on this thread and it seems like most of the kinks have been ironed out. I am interested in only using yahoo messenger via this plug in. I had some questions that hopefully someone can answer for me before i do:
    I know yahoo messenger/synergy is expected some time in the future with webos based on the pixie information...i'm wondering after installing this plugin, will i be able to use palms version when it finally hits( will uninstalling this plug in leave my contacts in original condition)
    Secondly, Does this plug in provide for just messaging or is there yahoo synergy where all my yahoo people are added to my contacts like the facebook synergy? I apologize in advance if these answers are buried in this thread somewhere.
    I can say that I added my yahoo ID, all my yahoo contacts were on my PRE - when I deleted that ID, the contacts associated with it were no longer on my PRE
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I have this problem:

Any suggest?
    Ricardo Hernandez (ScoutBuck)
    PoderPDA
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutbuck View Post
    I have this problem:

Any suggest?

Several suggestions actually.

With the latest version, I had the same issue.

I believe that if you use the very latest version of WebOSQuickInstall, that error will not pop up. Also, be sure you sign out of the messaging app before installing.

If you still get the error, just reboot your Pre, and it will probably come up anyway. Every now and then I've had to install these plugins twice with a reboot for each.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    With windows finally the pre let me install the plugin, reboot and nothing appears
    Ricardo Hernandez (ScoutBuck)
    PoderPDA
    Has anyone actually got this working on 1.1.3? I know it says 1.2 only but it's installed fine on 1.1.3 for me, I just can't find it under Messaging.
    This was actually originally written for 1.2.0, and even then it had problems with phones that were upgraded to 1.2.0 as opposed to native 1.2.0 installations, so I'm not sure anyone has ever tried it on 1.1.3.

In any case, open the messaging app, pull down the messaging menu in the upper left corner, select preferences and accounts, and press the add account button. If the install worked you should see at least Yahoo and Windows Live in addition to AOL and Google.
    Quote Originally Posted by NaS View Post
    just installed and only got yahoo!!
    You have to install both files, I hope it helps.

(Noy I need some friends to try it... )