Page 33 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334353637384383 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi Achill3s,

I don't think i've heard of the chunk error before but you are correct you need Preware installed first.

Thanks,
    Greg
    Greg, this is the error I get. I've installed Preware but when I send the ipk via WebOS QI, I get this:

messaging.JPG

Am I missing something else (other than the Preware that I just installed)?

I also tried a reboot and that did not resolve the issue.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Greg, this is the error I get. I've installed Preware but when I send the ipk via WebOS QI, I get this:

messaging.JPG

Am I missing something else other than Preware?
    wut version of qi do u have?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    wut version of qi do u have?
    2.82. Hey Max, how large is the ipk file for messaging? I just looked at my ipk and it's only 5kb? That doesn't seem right for this type of app? I'm going to try and download the ipk again.....
    2.82. Hey Max, how large is the ipk file for messaging? I just looked at my ipk and it's only 5kb? That doesn't seem right for this type of app? I'm going to try and download the ipk again.....
    when i download it...its 4mb...and that error shouldnt be bc of qi...maybe u got a bad download?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

when i download it...its 4mb...and that error shouldnt be bc of qi...maybe u got a bad download?
    I think my download of the messaging app is the problem. I'm behind a work firewall right now (download link is being blocked by firewall) so I'll download it again during lunch. I'll post again afterwards. Thanks for the info Max.
    I think my download of the messaging app is the problem. I'm behind a work firewall right now (download link is being blocked by firewall) so I'll download it again during lunch. I'll post again afterwards. Thanks for the info Max.
    it has to be the download there's a huge difference btw 5 kb and 4 mb...so yeah...np
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I also get get an error message after I attempted to upgrade to 1.0.4
    With 1.0.3 Yahoo & Live was working fine.
    @@@@ ClassLibrary initialize begins...
    Harmony interface GetInitArgs() not implemented
    @@@@ ClassLibrary init
    Cannot execute org.webosinternals.messaging.Main

I managed to successfully re-install manually with ipkg.
    Last edited by odontastic; 10/21/2009 at 01:46 PM. Reason: problem fixed!
    soooo Ive been logging in to 1.0.4 no problem now ... but realized today no one is getting my messages. I get their messages but they never get mine. I have 2 IDs so logged into 1 on PRE and 1 on my computer and sure enough I can send from computer to pre but replies/new messages from PRE to computer never show up

I read through and didnt really see anyone else mention anything like this .. any ideas about the cause/what might be wrong ???

EDIT - i tried removing my yahoo ID from the pre - to start over by re-adding it - it will not remove. It just keeps spinning and spinning saying its removing but nothing happens

Can i re-install 1.0.3 over the .4 ? It seemed to work better

Thanks
    Last edited by pixielee; 10/21/2009 at 03:35 PM.
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    I downloaded and installed it, everything seems to be working except there isn't an option for windows live. I suppose I could read this whole thread to find out if it's a known issue but I checked the most recent pages and couldn't find anything. Maybe I did it wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    I downloaded and installed it, everything seems to be working except there isn't an option for windows live. I suppose I could read this whole thread to find out if it's a known issue but I checked the most recent pages and couldn't find anything. Maybe I did it wrong?
    I've got the same issue, Yahoo, ICQ and Facebook appear, but Live Messenger doesn't
    Quote Originally Posted by figus View Post
    I've got the same issue, Yahoo, ICQ and Facebook appear, but Live Messenger doesn't
    u can manually install the plugin...if u got the latest qi...go to linux commandline...and paste this code for windows live...

sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh InstallPlugin Live

and ur good
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

u can manually install the plugin...if u got the latest qi...go to linux commandline...and paste this code for windows live...

sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh InstallPlugin Live

and ur good
    Wasn't succesful... When trying that command it said that Messenger Plugin was already installed....

Bur following your logic, uninstalling it and reinstalling was successful

well... almost successful... i can't login... it logs me out from my PC but gives me an error about being unable to log in and to try again.... but I can't log in.... maybe later
    Quote Originally Posted by figus View Post
    Wasn't succesful... When trying that command it said that Messenger Plugin was already installed....

Bur following your logic, uninstalling it and reinstalling was successful

well... almost successful... i can't login... it logs me out from my PC but gives me an error about being unable to log in and to try again.... but I can't log in.... maybe later
    its not perfect
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Yup, by uninstalling and reinstalling Live worked for me to. On another note...

Once you install the mod and add a Windows Live account to Messaging, Synergy will pull your buddies into the Contacts application. But if you then try and link those WL contacts with other contacts, the Edit Contact view will freeze up on the "Linking..."
    Not sure if this has been discussed by anyone but by accident I found one of my WL contacts and my Yahoo contacts and linked them and it worked without freezing. By then linking the yahoo account with any other I wanted I was able to work around and link WL contacts. I'm not sure if this will work for everyone so try it at your own risk but it seems to work on mine and it's a useful lil jury rig to get everything into the much hyped "Synergy". It lists the live as "Other" instead of "Live" on the contact card but whatever.

If anyone else tries this post your results, I'm curious and perhaps others would be too?
    Same here. I have contacts from both Yahoo and Windows linked to contacts from both Google and the Pre with no issues. In fact, the entire plugin is working perfectly for me.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Yup. It was discussed at great length a couple of pages ago. Contact syncing has been working perfectly since version 1.0.3
    awesome, well then consider my last post moot. I hate these 30+ page threads, it's such a chore to join the convo late, the search isn't super precise, and the first page still says there's an issue. But yeah, that's great news.
    hey guys I have a lil bug with yahoo messenger... The first time when I add yahoo account appear with like 20 contacts and then delete the account ... So there was ppl that I don't even remember.. So what I did is erase like 15 of them from yahoo messenger
    (by pc) I leave like 5... When add again the yahoo acoount still appear the 20 contacts!!!
    what's happening? Why yahoo plugin didn't erase them? Thanx guys!!! ... And I'm sorry for the long post!
    hey pixielee
    i also had the same prob...............(send messages but no one received it)......
    i have restart/ reinstalled......... and even change phone.
    i have notice that some times this may happen when you have a patch on (on my old phone i had image,audio patch.................) by taking of the patch it seams to solve the problem.
    i can be wrong ............
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    great!, how do you install facebook plugin and msn plugin?