Page 32 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2227282930313233343536374282 ... LastLast
    For our German friend, because English isn't his strong suit:

Ich würde es an Deiner Stelle wirklich lassen mit diesen Plugins. 1.3 steht vor der Türe, und wir wissen von Screenshot, daß das Pixi zumindest mit einem offiziellen Yahoo-plugin ausgeliefert wird, eventuell auch mit mehr (aber das ist Spekulation). Nachdem die ersten Test-Pixis auf "1.2.9" (einer provisorischen Versionsnummer) liefen, steht es zu erwarten daß diese Funktionalität in 1.3 integriert sein wird. Also einfach noch ein bißchen warten, dann gibts alles offiziell
    the IPK link worked! Got all messengers including Facebook chat! Thanks!
    Just thought I'd share my experience.

Installed the 1.0.4 version via Web OS Quick Install. After adding Live Messenger, both the gesture area AND the keyboard stopped functioning.

I rebooted the phone and everything was back to normal. Launched the messaging app and Messenger Live worked fine after a few test posts.

So if your Pre gets a bit weird — reboot.
    Tried installing it but got the chunk error etc. I have the org.webosinternals.messaging_1.0.4_armv7.ipk, is this the correct version? I used WebOS Quick Install. Wait, do I need Preware installed on my Pre for this to work?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  5.    #625  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Tried installing it but got the chunk error etc. I have the org.webosinternals.messaging_1.0.4_armv7.ipk, is this the correct version? I used WebOS Quick Install. Wait, do I need Preware installed on my Pre for this to work?
    Hi Achill3s,

I don't think i've heard of the chunk error before but you are correct you need Preware installed first.

Thanks,
    Greg
  6.    #626  
    Hi everyone,

Just thought i'd touch base.

Bad news is I don't think facebook will ever see the light of day (at least for the time being). I have been working for over a week on it and I think the Palm libraries just aren't new enough to support it. I may have fixed the crashing on login but sending and recieving messages is a lost cause.

The next version will not install facebook by default but it will still be available to install manually as there may be some linux guru out there who can get it to work!

For those of you with the yahoo sign in once never again issue do you by any chance have a yahoo email setup? I found that whilst testing facebook I had the same issue when facebook and facebook contact sync was setup everything go confused.

Could people please post whether their yahoo works nicely and if it does/doesn't post if they have a yahoo email or anything else yahoo setup too.

Thanks,
    Greg
    Yahoo IM works great for me.

I have a yahoo mail account set up with the exact same information.
    sucks facebook wont work ugh!!!!...nice try greg!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Greg, I have the Yahoo issue where I can't sign in without first deleting and re-adding the account. I do not have a Yahoo email account configured, but I'll set one up now and let you know if it makes a difference.
    Well, I just added the email account associated with my I'm account, and I am now able to sign into Yahoo Instant Messenger without first deleting the account.

Genius, Greg, thanks so much.
  11.    #631  
    Quote Originally Posted by CheshireFrog View Post
    Well, I just added the email account associated with my I'm account, and I am now able to sign into Yahoo Instant Messenger without first deleting the account.

Genius, Greg, thanks so much.
    Thank you and weird! Nice to get to the bottom of it!

I don't know why its random for everyone but at least its a workable solution. Unfortunently I think the part where it breaks is in Palm's close sourced code so I can't do much. I would say they will fix it before yahoo it implimented though.

Thanks for your help!
  12.    #632  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    sucks facebook wont work ugh!!!!...nice try greg!
    Yeah its annoying. I'm stubborn too I don't like things getting the better of me. But I tried for a week and a bit without working on much else so I think its time to draw the line!

I should also note I think it would kill battery like crazy. It is constantly connecting to the net for updates like every 20-30 seconds. Bad stuff!

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Yeah its annoying. I'm stubborn too I don't like things getting the better of me. But I tried for a week and a bit without working on much else so I think its time to draw the line!

I should also note I think it would kill battery like crazy. It is constantly connecting to the net for updates like every 20-30 seconds. Bad stuff!

Greg
    well dont aim and msn constantly connect to the internet...i think all IM's do that no?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Speaking of battery life, how is MSN Live messenger on it? I haven't really left it on yet.. I wish it was capable of multiple devices signing in so it wouldn't sign out my home computer..
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Speaking of battery life, how is MSN Live messenger on it? I haven't really left it on yet.. I wish it was capable of multiple devices signing in so it wouldn't sign out my home computer..
    for me isn't draining that much, i have msn , yahoo and aim at the same time !!
    Thanks Greg the plugin is working perfect for me i have msn , yahoo and aim running at the same time ... i erase accounts and all work perfect , when i add a new account take like 15 to 20 sec to load is perfect!!!.

PD: THANK YOU MUCH GREG AND ALL THE PPL WHO IS HELPING YOU TO MAKE IT PERFECT!!
    does this import yahoo and aim contacts like it does with gtalk,i dont want my contacts any more cluttered than what they are.
    So just thought I would report. I just installed and now my messaging app won't open. I rebooted my phone, uninstalled the app, rebooted my phone again with no luck. Currently I am running WebOS Repair Utility 1.6. Not sure what else to try, but currently there is no way for me to go to my messaging app at all.
    greg_roll, thanks for getting this up and running. Not having msn was one of my major complaints early after picking up the pre, and I'm happy that I don't have to worry about that any more.

I'm also looking forward to seeing what you can do with irc; even if it's just a solid backend, that would be one step closer to me never having to turn on an actual computer.

Edit: Oh, I should mention: I just installed this using WebOS QuickInstall 2.82 and after an automatic reboot it worked perfectly. I don't use any other IM clients so I didn't have any of those issues to worry about though.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Thanks for working so hard on the Facebook chat. Maybe with the next update there will be a better chance to get it to work.