Page 30 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2025262728293031323334354080 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Iīve got the same problems as others with Yahoo. Signs in once, afterwards it hang up in signing in..

Using 1.0.4.

Was this the same in a previous version?
    Yahoo is the only one I use regularly, and I've yet to have that issue with any version. Well, yahoo was broken in 1.0.0, but all the versions since yahoo was fixed have worked fine.

I do notice that yahoo takes a little longer to log into, 5 seconds on a good day, 30 on a bad day, but I've yet to have it refuse to log in.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    If connection is lost or what ever, it hangs up signing in.. I have to delete the account and add it again to get it working..

I donīt care, if it will take time to login, but after 20 min. "Signing in..." I think there migth be a problem..
    Quote Originally Posted by brasax View Post
    If connection is lost or what ever, it hangs up signing in.. I have to delete the account and add it again to get it working..

I donīt care, if it will take time to login, but after 20 min. "Signing in..." I think there migth be a problem..
    I understand what you're saying, and that's a problem.

What I'm saying is that I have never experienced that problem with any version of these plugins, so there's something going on with your installation. If I lose my connection, it's re-established within seconds.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    I understand what you're saying, and that's a problem.

What I'm saying is tha
    t I have never experienced that problem with any version of these plugins, so there's something going on with your installation. If I lose my connection, it's re-established within seconds.
    okay. Understood. Will reinstall and check again..
    The download link from the first page doesn't work for me, could it be broken?
    first of all just wanted to thank the maker of this app it is a wonderful app makes the palm pre complete...
    i had downloaded the latest version posted and everything works fine msn yahoo the facebook though still has problems when people message me it does not open up with their name showing up it just has a number and i cannot message them back ... the other problem was it automatically synced the facebook contacts to my contact book which i cannot delete ... i have deleted my facebook chat account which is fine by me yahoo and msn are the 2 i need but is there anyway to delete the numerous contacts that it uploaded from facebook?

any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by serotonin4 View Post
    first of all just wanted to thank the maker of this app it is a wonderful app makes the palm pre complete...
    i had downloaded the latest version posted and everything works fine msn yahoo the facebook though still has problems when people message me it does not open up with their name showing up it just has a number and i cannot message them back ... the other problem was it automatically synced the facebook contacts to my contact book which i cannot delete ... i have deleted my facebook chat account which is fine by me yahoo and msn are the 2 i need but is there anyway to delete the numerous contacts that it uploaded from facebook?

any input would be greatly appreciated.
    i think you picked the wrong option when you deleted your facebook account.

try this, add the facebook account again and after its done syncing just remove it again but this time make sure you pick the option that removes the contacts associated with your facebook account as well, hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    Alright. I can conrim that linking MSN contacts DOES work as intended. Please be aware that this was done using the latest version of these plugins, and I take no responsibility if you use an older version.
    All of it worked flawlessly with no errors of any kind.
    OK, I can confirm that with 1.03 (not the latest) linking of MSN contacts to existing phone contacts works just fine - perhaps the OP should be changed?
    Quote Originally Posted by ronako View Post
    I have a general question regarding messaging using the Pre and battery life.

Whenever I am out on the road, I like to stay signed in and online all the time. How long do you expect the battery to last if I am constantly logged into IM?
    Assuming you have no other background services running, I suspect maximum of 3 or 4 hours... if You're lucky and have perfect signal all the way through, you might be able to squeeze out 5.

I don't have any hard experimental data to prove this, but basic repeated use has given me this data out of sheer experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by eusthebest View Post
    i think you picked the wrong option when you deleted your facebook account.

try this, add the facebook account again and after its done syncing just remove it again but this time make sure you pick the option that removes the contacts associated with your facebook account as well, hope this helps.
    there is only one option to remove facebook and all the contacts associated with and that is the one i picked i still have all the contacts associated with it despite removal of the account thank you for your input though.

any other suggestions?
    Quick question: what is the latest version? Lost my computer, so I have only a Pre to read PreCentral until I get a replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Quick question: what is the latest version? Lost my computer, so I have only a Pre to read PreCentral until I get a replacement.
    So I set up my Windows Live account, not realising that doing so would add all my contacts to my address book. Is there any way around this? If not, is there an easy way to remove all the contacts without manually deleting each one, or doctoring the phone?
    I believe that they will all go away when you delete your windows live account from the messaging app. They did for me when I tested.

I'm not currently aware of a way to force synergy to ignore messaging contacts.

If you already have existing contacts for all of those people, you can just link them together in the contact app, and set your preexisting contacts to be the primary ones.
  16.    #596  
    Hi everyone,

Sorry for the absense I have been away.

Thanks veedubb65 (as usual) great to see contact linking is working.

I have been working hard on the new features. I have got a little further with Facebook names and looking at facebook crashing.

I have managed to replicate an account connecting once then never again. (Where you have to delete and re-add). Ill be working on that very soon.

Sorry for the delay in a new version just trying to get everything right.

P.S. Thank you so much all of you who have donated and offered to support to others!!!

Thanks
    Greg
    Apparently there seems to be a bug that happens every now and then, which stops sending messages. The messages look gray out and never send. I think this is what Greg is talking about. It's a very odd bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by brasax View Post
    Iīve got the same problems as others with Yahoo. Signs in once, afterwards it hang up in signing in..

Using 1.0.4.

Was this the same in a previous version?
    It did it on 1.0.3 to me too .. but its actually worse with 1.0.4 -I log in once, if i log out and resign back in .. 20 minutes or more of "signing in" spinning - i can see my friends list ( partial ) and i can still message the seen people but i want my WHOLE list
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Thanks greg...can't wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi everyone,

Sorry for the absense I have been away.

Thanks veedubb65 (as usual) great to see contact linking is working.

I have been working hard on the new features. I have got a little further with Facebook names and looking at facebook crashing.

I have managed to replicate an account connecting once then never again. (Where you have to delete and re-add). Ill be working on that very soon.

Sorry for the delay in a new version just trying to get everything right.

P.S. Thank you so much all of you who have donated and offered to support to others!!!

Thanks
    Greg
    thanks so much for the reply...can't w8 for the update!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!