Page 3 of 122 FirstFirst 123456781353103 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    So if I originally had 1.1 and did a clean install of 1.1 and upgraded to 1.2 without tweaks or anything, will I be able to just install this without any problems?
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Just finished getting my Pre all set up after using webOS Doctor and dont' have a huge need for Yahoo or Live right now so I won't be testing this out.

Regardless, thanks for the great work.

And I've heard rumblings of a IRC client... any word on how that's going?

Edit: Oh, and on the 1.2 emulator, unfortunately I'm just getting a spinning circle when trying to sign into Yahoo with this.

Edit2: Rebooted the emulator, and it's connected.
    Hi jhoff80,

IRC will take a bit longer I think. Once ive got this installing nicely for everyone i'm going to had a day or two off. Then ill get onto fixed contact sync and try and get jabber and IRC in too. The last two require quiet a bit of work due to their setup.

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi jhoff80,

IRC will take a bit longer I think. Once ive got this installing nicely for everyone i'm going to had a day or two off. Then ill get onto fixed contact sync and try and get jabber and IRC in too. The last two require quiet a bit of work due to their setup.

Greg
    Sounds good. Is IRC going to be stuck into Synergy when you eventually do attempt that? Unlike the rest, I feel like that's one that would be better as a separate app.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by L33t Masta View Post
    So if I originally had 1.1 and did a clean install of 1.1 and upgraded to 1.2 without tweaks or anything, will I be able to just install this without any problems?
    Unfortunently no. Must be a clean 1.2 (webos doctor install). Bare with me should have a new version very shortly

Just had to learn more about databases

Greg
    Unfortunently no. Must be a clean 1.2 (webos doctor install). Bare with me should have a new version very shortly

Greg
    i just doctored my phone...so the ipk will work right?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Greg
    From what your Update 3 states, once you fix this plugin issue will there still be a palm profile issue? I don't know if it's worth installing this new version if it will screw something else up.
    Quote Originally Posted by kioken View Post
    From what your Update 3 states, once you fix this plugin issue will there still be a palm profile issue? I don't know if it's worth installing this new version if it will screw something else up.
    No, not at all. The reason he's waiting for an update is that the current fix (deleting one particular database off the phone and rebooting so the phone makes a news one) causes problems.

His next update will fixe the issue without doing that. That's the whole point.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    No, not at all. The reason he's waiting for an update is that the current fix (deleting one particular database off the phone and rebooting so the phone makes a news one) causes problems.

His next update will fixe the issue without doing that. That's the whole point.
    And I'm an *****. Much appreciated. Sorry about that. My only dilema right now is getting my AIM to connect again. So weird how that screwed up. Will wait for the new update. Thanks.
    I get:

Code:
    marco@castle:~$ sudo sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/
    MessagingPlugins.sh InstallPlugin Live
    Command line arguments:  /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/bin/java -Xexact -m 10M -Djava.library.path=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/bin:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/bin:/usr/lib -Dvm.boot.library.path=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/bin -bootclasspath /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/lib/rt.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/luni.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/nio.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/nio_char.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/security.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/archive.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/logging.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/text.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/icu4j_3.8/icu4j-3_8.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/icu4j_3.8/icu4j-charsets-3_8.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/ext/icu4jni.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/sql.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/regex.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/math.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/auth.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/crypto.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/x-net.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/annotation.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/ext/bcprov.jar -Djava.home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre -Djava.security.properties=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/security/java.security -bcp /usr/lib/luna/java/Utils.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/accounts.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/accountservices.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/activerecord.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/json.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/sqlitejdbc-v053.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/org.webosinternals.messaging.jar org.webosinternals.messaging.Main InstallPlugin Live
    @@@@ ClassLibrary initialize begins...
    Harmony interface GetInitArgs() not implemented
    @@@@ ClassLibrary initialized... elapsed=567 ms
    Cannot execute org.webosinternals.messaging.Main
    marco@castle:~$
    Any way to fix this?
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    You will have to uninstall when the next version comes out.

As a few of you have had issues I would recommend you don't uninstall until the new version comes out to ensure messaging still works.

For those of you who are having messaging issues the only file I modify in the messaging app is "/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-constants.jsjsjs&$quot$;.

Try and replace that file and restart your Pre and it should work prefectly again.

Once again sorry. I don't know why Palm would make files difference between a clean and upgraded phone

**can someone please post this file?
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    **can someone please post this file?
    If you look in the directory /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/, messaging-constants.jsjsjs.$messback$ $is$ $the$ $original$ $file$. $Just$ $rename$ $it$ $to$ $messaging$-$constants$.$js$.
    logs me off AIM and Gtalk...

(cannot run concurrently with MSN)

on a fresh 1.2 (non upgraded) Pre
    crap. I cannot log back into AIM now (even with an uninstall in putty)

I'm afraid I have to doctor it again, ughhhhh

This plugin is not ready imo. and the 1st post should reflect this.

I hope Greg fixes it soon, great concept, cant wait for a working fix.. but as of now, not working =( and jacks up previous AIM account.

*tried removing and readding account for AIM, and it reads "Cannot Connect to Server"
    Last edited by trim81; 09/29/2009 at 11:00 PM.
    so im guessing this is not safe yet...dont know if i wanna try even if i just finished doctoring my phone
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    crap. I cannot log back into AIM now (even with an uninstall in putty)
    I ran the uninstall in puTTY, rebooted my pre and thankfully AIM allowed me to connect. So everything is back to normal on my messenger.

Can't wait for the update! Perhaps I'll wait until others test it out before I take a dive again. I don't want to go through this again. :P
    I am SO excited for this Greg! You are my hero! One of my biggest disappointments on release day was discoverin there was no MSN Windows Live app! If you can make this work, you'll definitely be seeing $$ from me!! Great work!!
    My oh my Greg... You decided to release this with WebOS 1.2. *facepalm*

Thanks for crediting me in the the original post. I broke my Pre so I am limited in use at the moment. I will have a replacement in a day or two. Hit me up so we can chat.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Can't wait to try this!!!!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    can you add qq?
    Coooool thanks for making this happend i know this didnt work yesterday when i was trying to installed it . well here is that catch...I Downloaded the new doctor Build sprint 108.17 I let the doctor take care and reboot my pre, once it uploaded and came back on i did the code upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart and put the phone on dev mode. phone restarted, once it came up i ended up going to WebOS2.03 to do a few Tweaks did the 4x4 removed the Nascar got the text forward did the Reduce Minimum Brightness Call Duration in Call Log and add/delete pages. Once i did that the phone restarted again, then i Open The other WebOS2.6 and i downloaded the IPK file that Greg Roll Posted And downloaded to my phone once it finish i went to check the messaging Icon Click On It When To Preferences & Accounts did the Add IM Account and guess what i had them all In My Add An Account and they all work Great... Thank you Greg Roll its Works Great.