Page 29 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1924252627282930313233343979 ... LastLast
    i am also having the same problem............
    this morning the msn and aim work fine (6am-8:45am Easter)
    9:15-10:26 in subway no signal
    the during class time the msn stop connecting. (10:30-6:00pm Easter)
    the pre 1.2.1 only have:
    messenger plug-in
    preware - package
    during classes i turn off the phone and back on but still no connection.........also deleted msn and try to re-add but no connection
    @6:30 turn on the phone put it to charge for 5minute (log in to see if any one was having same prob ........found treorock...try what he said but no 4x4 plug in ..........about to re-doc the pre ...........)
    out of the blue msn connected when i recreated a msn account
    strange....................
    will there ever be any picture/ file sending option ..........as welll an option to control what messenger is log in.......
    Last edited by bluediablito; 10/14/2009 at 05:52 PM.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Anyone having any issues running 1.0.4 with the Full IM Status patch? Specificly with MSN.
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hopefully version 1.0.5 will contain the following:
    IRC
    Sametime
    SIPE (Live Communicator)
    Jabber
    Maybe some more work on facebook (im trying hard)

That should then get the majority of plugins out of the way and I can focus on fixing other things

Greg
    Woo, I've been toying with the idea of doing this myself but never have the time to even really get started. If you get that working, I'll be very happy.
    has any one had any bots send them messages on msn?
    (even do i have only people on my buddy list can see me online and contact me)
    also i have notice when ever there is some on off line i send them messages and they never receive it...........
    what is "Full IM Status patch" and what does it do?
    Didn't say I was a fan but companies seem to like it and it would be real handy to have on the phone. ;-)

I just wish YIM and MSN was like AIM and would let you be signed on in multiple locations so I can leave my desktop logged in and be on the phone logged too. Thanks for adding the other IM's this is real useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by djkraven View Post
    I just wish YIM and MSN was like AIM and would let you be signed on in multiple locations so I can leave my desktop logged in and be on the phone logged too. Thanks for adding the other IM's this is real useful.
    Unfortunately, that's a yahoo/MSN problem, rather than a problem with these plugins. The only way around it would be for Palm or somebody else to build some sort of system to work around it, kind of like the way the Pre email app can fetch your yahoo email even if you haven't paid for a pop yahoo account.
    so facebook will be fixed in the next release?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    so facebook will be fixed in the next release?
    Can't wait for that to work properly.
    hey is any other person noticing this..............when ever the app is disconnected (msn and aim) and it trying to connect and it takes some time to connect ............it drains the battery from 5% at a time i don't know if this is the bug of aim......
    i just installed the plugin but how long i have to wait to sign in msn live?
    It shouldn't take more than 30 seconds at the most. If you're getting hung up on the log-in, try deleting the MSN account, rebooting your Pre, and logging back in.

Earlier versions had issues with MSN not working unless you entered a particular console command, but those issues should be fixed int he latest version.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It shouldn't take more than 30 seconds at the most. If you're getting hung up on the log-in, try deleting the MSN account, rebooting your Pre, and logging back in.

Earlier versions had issues with MSN not working unless you entered a particular console command, but those issues should be fixed int he latest version.

thanks man .. i really like it and i see is working fine as well... congrats to you and all the ppl who been working in this plugin .

hey bro , what about link the contacts? i should link them or is going to freeze like the first post say ?

thanks!
    As far as linking the contacts, I believe that has been fixed.

Also, just to be clear, I had nothing to do with the development of this project other than doing some beta testing/detailed feedback, and providing as much support here in this thread as I could, so that Greg could focus on the actual development.

The real thanks should go to Greg (the OP) and the other devs who helped him out.
    As far as linking the contacts, I believe that has been fixed.

Also, just to be clear, I had nothing to do with the development of this project other than doing some beta testing/detailed feedback, and providing as much support here in this thread as I could, so that Greg could focus on the actual development.

The real thanks should go to Greg (the OP) and the other devs who helped him out.
    wait... what?

Linking acconts has been fixed?! Can anyone confirm this?
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    wait... what?

Linking acconts has been fixed?! Can anyone confirm this?
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1973829

one page back Greg says:

Hopefully the contacts issue will be fixed in a few releases. I believe it will be quiet a bit of work and may take me some time to figure out.

I will keep everyone posted.
    I know that linking yahoo contacts has worked since the initial release, and I'm pretty sure that if you scroll back through the last couple pages, you'll see that at least one person was able to link his MSN contacts (which were the only ones that ever caused a problem) several releases ago.

I'm mostly sure that the problems with linking MSN contacts were only in the initial release. Of course, don't take my word for it. Dig back through the thread. I know it's almost 30 pages long, but I'm pretty sure it's in there.
    Alright. I can conrim that linking MSN contacts DOES work as intended. Please be aware that this was done using the latest version of these plugins, and I take no responsibility if you use an older version.

I had a hotmail account many years ago, but I couldn't remember the password or the answer to my security question.

So, I did the following:

1) signed up for a brand new Windows Live account
    2) added my old hotmail account as a contact including using it as a Windows Live messenger contact and filling out lot's of random information.
    3) created a new contact on my Pre with random details
    4) Added my new Windows Live account to the chat and logged into it to import it's contacts.
    5) opened the contacts app and linked the profiles.
    6) switched which profile was the primary profile back and forth
    7) edited the information in the new linked contact
    8) split the contacts
    9) removed my Windows Live account from the chat program (this automatically removed the contact entry from the windows live account)
    10) Deleted the fake contact I had created for testing.

All of it worked flawlessly with no errors of any kind.
    I have a general question regarding messaging using the Pre and battery life.

Whenever I am out on the road, I like to stay signed in and online all the time. How long do you expect the battery to last if I am constantly logged into IM?
    I have not personally noticed any measurable difference in battery life one way or the other. YMMV.