Page 28 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1823242526272829303132333878 ... LastLast
    I believe I did donate but is something going on that there is reason to donate again.

Something about needing a Pre.

I will donate again if that's what is needed.

Just noticed that there is no donate button. I am sure I donated, so can someone post me the link to donate to Greg?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

The link is in the very first post in this thread, about halfway down. It was pointed out that Greg has done all the development for the Messaging Plugins using the emulator, since he doesn't own a Pre. RWhitby suggested that donations be made to allow Greg to buy an unlocked Pre to work with, a great idea.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    i got yahoo,live messanger and icq this morning without using the plugin.How? i dont know.i have webos 1.2.1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    can you log into them?

I say you must have installed the patch at one time but forgot.

rumors have shown MSN live and/or yahoo showing up, but never ICQ (without this patch installed)
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CheshireFrog View Post
    Greg, if you're around, my Yahoo client signs in once, never again unless I delete and re-add the account. This has been happening since the 1.2.1 upgrade. Any thoughts?
    Ditto here. Exact same problem. Had it before 1.2.1 also I believe. Posted about it some time back even.
    TTFN
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    The other day i tried using 1.0.4. Got the usual error when installing via quick install. In any case when phone rebooted i noticed it did install. I tried using facebook chat, but everytime i sent a message, i was logged off. I eventually uninstalled this and noticed that all the friends on my buddy list from facebook chat remained (I linked their screen names/facebook number with existing contacts) Unfortunately it wouldn't let me delete the screenames saying because it was facebook contacts. I removed facebook account but when i tried adding facebook account it wouldn't let me log in saying incorrect password. After several attempts, i ended up having to go to the ER aka web doctor. Now everything works fine. I just wanted to post this first to see if anyone had these issues and second to make sure that the developer is aware of this. I apologize if this has been posted already. PS sorry for the long post!
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    Hello All,

Just wondering is there is plan for an update on this patch.
    I've been waiting for a while checking back on this thread, but I never see any news about it.
    I'm waiting for the problem with the contacts to be resolved before a install the patch...
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    no I am sure I never installed the patch.last night I have only google talk and IAM and right now I am logged in with msn and chatting.
    Last edited by ferchope; 10/13/2009 at 08:11 PM.
  9.    #549  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Greg,

Sorry to bother you again with the same question but could you let us know if you are still gonna be working on an IRC plugin?
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-palm-pre.html

Thank You
    Hi TreoRock,

I'm toying around the idea of adding IRC to the messaging app. I know people are against this but I don't think (I need to test) it will add contacts from IRC to the Pre due to the way the IRC plugin works.

I don't have the time at the moment (or even the skill) to make an application just yet. This could work well and may even be a great starting point for another user.

Hopefully version 1.0.5 will contain the following:
    IRC
    Sametime
    SIPE (Live Communicator)
    Jabber
    Maybe some more work on facebook (im trying hard)

That should then get the majority of plugins out of the way and I can focus on fixing other things

Greg
  10.    #550  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    can you log into them?

I say you must have installed the patch at one time but forgot.

rumors have shown MSN live and/or yahoo showing up, but never ICQ (without this patch installed)
    I think your right. If you had installed them previously I think your palm profile gets updated. So even if you wipe everything I believe the palm profile will put the account options back.

I doubt you will be able to login to them though without reapplying the patch.
  11.    #551  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbeedle View Post
    Ditto here. Exact same problem. Had it before 1.2.1 also I believe. Posted about it some time back even.
    Thanks both of you.

I have put it on my todo list. I will test it on the emulator and see what happens. If I can't replicate I may have to get some help/wait for my Pre to arrive Yay! Can't wait to get a Pre.
  12.    #552  
    Quote Originally Posted by fm_fondeur View Post
    Hello All,

Just wondering is there is plan for an update on this patch.
    I've been waiting for a while checking back on this thread, but I never see any news about it.
    I'm waiting for the problem with the contacts to be resolved before a install the patch...
    Hi fm_fondeur,

Hopefully the contacts issue will be fixed in a few releases. I believe it will be quiet a bit of work and may take me some time to figure out.

I will keep everyone posted.
    Thanks
    Greg
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Used QI 2.6 to uninstall then install 1.0.4. No error and my contacts are there. Signing in takes forever to complete and when it does it is a half green circle (whatever that means). After a few minutes it goes back to "Signing in..." but it came back up online with the same half green circle. My contacts stay with their status dots visable.

Hope this information helps.

Thanks for doing this patch Greg. I really appriciate it.
    awesome patch, love it

only problem i have right now is that it completely kills my battery. I was hoping to have MSN running in the background all day but it seems it wont last (lose about 10% per hour with MSN signed in, versus 3.5 normally).

I'll have to use it sparingly, but I still love the ability to sign into msn!

Great work!
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    OK, I just donated (again). I don't know how close you are to getting your Pre, but for everyone who appreciates the work that's gone into this, please consider donating what you can. That Greg has accomplished what he has so far using just the emulator is nothing short of amazing. This will only get better once he has a Pre to work with.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    i am just wondering........................
    how mush traffic can this app with stand (meaning how mush traffic can the server stand)
    i am just wondering will there ever be any option to send and receive pictures/file/music.....
    Ok i notice that when you try to chat with someone on facebook it logs off of all IMs then try to log back in but stays stuck on log in till you remove facebook chat then all is good.
    I'm experiencing a problem with the MSN Messenger plug-in. It seems like from time to time it stops sending messages and just shows my message grayed out. Signing off and on doesn't fix it. Only a reset fixes it. I think there might be some type of service or background process in the Pre that gets turned off, but I don't know what that is.
    Greg could you take a look that that?

Thanks
    Last edited by TreoRock; 10/14/2009 at 02:23 PM.
    Well, now even after a reset I can't send MSN Messenger messages anymore
    Interesting... things that I removed and now it works:
    I replaced the the plugin 4x4 v3 for 4x4 v2
    Deleted the messaging emoticons shortcut plug in
    deleted the default month view plugin

and now it works after a reset.

I think it was probably the messaging emoticons plugin..