Page 25 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1520212223242526272829303575 ... LastLast
    On my actual device, sometimes I have to sign off and back on to get AIM to work.

Also, Gtalk seems to connect slower than usual.

Otherwise, working great.
    now when i send im phone goes offline , is it working for anyone correctly? Time to go to the doctor. Can't wait till it works correctly.
    is this compatiable with 1.2.1?
  4.    #484  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    On my actual device, sometimes I have to sign off and back on to get AIM to work.

Also, Gtalk seems to connect slower than usual.

Otherwise, working great.
    Hi jhoff80,

Possibly try a phone reboot and see if that helps.

It's possible a conflict is going on. Then again gtalk servers could be having issues.

Thanks,
    Greg
    am i suppose to have a Facebook Icon along with the icq, yahoo and msn?
  6.    #486  
    Quote Originally Posted by kioken View Post
    I mean the user id number that shows when you log in on the messenger. When I click the user id to chat, the message is pending. Any inbound message from a facebook user comes from the same number 9665583160.

Hope we can find a fix for this.

I'm also noticing that after the 966 message shows up, I only get the first message, then the messenger signs off. If you want I can take a video of what is happening or something. I don't really know how to help.

This Facebook chat is built off the same Facebook Chat plugin for Pidgin right? I wonder why the Pidgin one works so well. Maybe I'm wrong though, I'm not sure how you made this.

Thanks,
    Dennis
    Hi kioken,

You are correct the facebook pluign is the same as the pidgin plugin with one line of code commented out to make it work. The code commented out fails, unfortunently its the line of code that maps used ID's to names .

I will P.M in the next few minutes with instructions on some testing you could do for me. I don't use facebook so I havent been able to test etc.

Greg
  7.    #487  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnellkeith View Post
    am i suppose to have a Facebook Icon along with the icq, yahoo and msn?
    Hi darnellkeith,

Make sure you installed the 1.0.4 IPK file. I left 1.0.3 there just in case there were issues with 1.0.4.

Thanks,
    Greg
  8.    #488  
    Quote Originally Posted by eggroks View Post
    is this compatiable with 1.2.1?
    Hi eggroks,

Yes it should work with 1.2.1. I only have the 1.2 emulator but I'm fairly certain people with 1.2.1 have used it successfully.

Thanks,
    Greg
    greg, I was sure that i installed 1.0.4. I deleted and installed again and still get error reading contol file.
    im sure the problem comes when the phone reboots before the plugin is fully installed?

Now.. my messaging app wont even load. time to go back to the doctor i think.

thanks for trying
    Quote Originally Posted by darnellkeith View Post
    greg, I was sure that i installed 1.0.4. I deleted and installed again and still get error reading contol file.
    im sure the problem comes when the phone reboots before the plugin is fully installed?

Now.. my messaging app wont even load. time to go back to the doctor i think.

thanks for trying
    error reading control file is a problem with QI 2.72 try with 2.6 worked for me
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

thanks.. ill try that. Im doctoring the phone now because the messaging app wouldnt even load.
    just to let u guys know...i just installed 1.0.4 with QI 2.6 without a problem
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Hm, no-go for me. I got the magic error I got with the last version.
    (latest versions of QI, WebOS)
    is this now compatible with phones updated to 1.2.1 and not directly doctored to the above. I would be gratefull for any input. Any chance this will be on preware anytime soon I would be glad to donate if so happens.
    ive tried every version all the way back to 2.0.3 and always get an error.
    I'm also on a fresh install. No tweaks or hacks.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    just tested and noticed that it would log me off after logging in. Anyone else experiencing this?
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    FYI i just uninstalled messaging plugin (had too many issues with facebook chat) and now noticed i have yahoo still listed....
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hello everyone

Version 1.0.4 is ready.

Better installer (I hope, those of you with control file errors try this version)
    Sorry, still getting it.
    I even went back and manually ran

ipkg uninstall org.webosinternals.messaging

and still no luck...
    My attempt ai 1.0.4 was done from WebOS QI, and still got the control file error. I uninstalled from a command line, then installed from a command line. That appears to have installed it. Will report results.
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    FYI i just uninstalled messaging plugin (had too many issues with facebook chat) and now noticed i have yahoo still listed....
    Just tried this out, since Yahoo is the only additional one I need, and while the Yahoo entry remains after uninstalling, if you try to use it it can't connect to the server.