Page 24 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1419202122232425262728293474 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 2438
  1. MaxLOL's Avatar
    Posts
    607 Posts
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    #461  
    I installed the patch and restarted but don't have the option for any extra messaging services.
  2.    #462  
    Sorry for the short post before.

    I had to run to a meeting. I also have to run to one now lol.

    Upgrading from 1.0.3 to 1.0.4 should be ok. If in doubt or you have issues uninstall and install to 1.0.4.

    NOTE: Probably best to log out of all active accounts before applying.
    If you have trouble signing in after the update please restart your phone.

    As for facebook the users as numbers is the best I can get at the moment. The developer has been helpful so far but im not sure if we will ever be able to see names . Ill keep working on it.

    I figured people could handle numbers for the sake of having facebook versus no facebook at all.

    Thanks,
    Greg
  3. #463  
    Numbers are fine, since the picture shows up along with the number I know who it is and is easy to link.
  4. #464  
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Sorry for the short post before.

    I had to run to a meeting. I also have to run to one now lol.

    Upgrading from 1.0.3 to 1.0.4 should be ok. If in doubt or you have issues uninstall and install to 1.0.4.

    As for facebook the users as numbers is the best I can get at the moment. The developer has been helpful so far but im not sure if we will ever be able to see names . Ill keep working on it.

    I figured people could handle numbers for the sake of having facebook versus no facebook at all.

    Thanks,
    Greg
    Thank you very much for the Facebook Chat support. I just wanted to make sure this wasn't a bug or glitch on my end. I will gladly accept the userid as the names. I am noticing a new issue though. Seems that I get signed out of the FB Chat after a few minutes of nonuse, and when I try to connect again it just sits at Signing in... So far I've only been able to reconnect the facebook chat after removing the account and re-adding it. Anyone else notice this?

    Now that I think of it. I see the Facebook Chat disconnect on my Pidgin app but with Pidgin it automatically signs back in. So, maybe Facebook timesout after a while. I don't know.
  5. MaxLOL's Avatar
    Posts
    607 Posts
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    #465  
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    I installed the patch and restarted but don't have the option for any extra messaging services.
    uninstalled and installed again via quickinstall what am i doing wrong?
  6. sj808#WN's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #466  
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    I get the same exact thing.

    Thanks for adding the facebook chat!

    Hopefully we can get their names to show up though. The way it shows now it doesn't tie FB chat with their text chat conversations.
    I just link 'em to the original facebook contact or google entry.



    I finally got mine working. I got some errors installing it but so far so good.
  7. #467  
    So I haven't installed this on my device yet, only on the emulator. It's working great there, but I have to ask...

    If I install this plugin, and add a Yahoo account to it, what happens when Palm adds Yahoo IM which they've already said they will eventually? Will I be able to just uninstall this plugin, and everything will work fine, or will that somehow ruin the database?
  8. mmmtacos's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    #468  
    i can manually link the account, but facebook signed off by itself and i can't reconnect.
  9.    #469  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    So I haven't installed this on my device yet, only on the emulator. It's working great there, but I have to ask...

    If I install this plugin, and add a Yahoo account to it, what happens when Palm adds Yahoo IM which they've already said they will eventually? Will I be able to just uninstall this plugin, and everything will work fine, or will that somehow ruin the database?
    Hi jhoff80,

    I always reccommend this is uninstalled before a webos update but in saying that yahoo is an easy one. After WebOS1.2 all of yahoo code was there. All I did was enable the plugin and update some files.

    Greg
  10. #470  
    I'm having a problem I haven't seen mentioned yet.

    I had this running fine in 1.2.0, but ever since the 1.2.1 update I find that I can sign into Yahoo, but if I sign out, or if I am signed out because I signed in on a different system, I can't sign in again unless I remove and re-add the Yahoo account.

    For reference, tonight I doctored the phone straight to 1.2.1, then installed the Package Manager and Preware, then installed Messaging Plugins v. 1.0.4. I am also getting the "Error reading package" issue. I used WebOS QI 2.72 to install everything.

    Previously I have doctored to 1.20, then installed everything, then upgraded, with the same results.

    Anyone else seeing this?
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
  11. #471  
    I send im to people in fb and they dont get them, when they send me one i get it as coming from one number and that one number for everyone...a 966 number, is anyone having any success with the facebook one?
  12. #472  
    Has anyone else tried facebook on the pre, everything looks great, but ive tried it with some friends and its not really working.
  13. #473  
    Quote Originally Posted by aparigraba View Post
    I send im to people in fb and they dont get them, when they send me one i get it as coming from one number and that one number for everyone...a 966 number, is anyone having any success with the facebook one?
    I am also getting this issue. All incoming facebook messages are using a different number starting with 966, and I can't initiate a chat with them from their original user id on the contact list.
  14. #474  
    Quote Originally Posted by kioken View Post
    I am also getting this issue. All incoming facebook messages are using a different number starting with 966, and I can't initiate a chat with them from their original user id on the contact list.
    Exactly....anyone else having this problem? I was so excited, guess its not there yet, but once it gets fixed I will have to consider this the best app ever : )
  15. #475  
    anyone having trouble uploading a pic to FB after installing?
  16. MaxLOL's Avatar
    Posts
    607 Posts
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    #476  
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    I installed the patch and restarted but don't have the option for any extra messaging services.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    uninstalled and installed again via quickinstall what am i doing wrong?
    ttt for justice
  17.    #477  
    Quote Originally Posted by kioken View Post
    I am also getting this issue. All incoming facebook messages are using a different number starting with 966, and I can't initiate a chat with them from their original user id on the contact list.
    Hi kioken,

    Bummer

    When you say original user id on the contact list do you mean name or the number that shows?

    Thanks,
    Greg
  18. #478  
    Plus when installing, it says ..error installing control file.
  19. #479  
    wow, you guys got Facebook to show up on the accounts screen? facebook isnt an option for me. yahoo, icq and msn are tho.
  20. #480  
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi kioken,

    Bummer

    When you say original user id on the contact list do you mean name or the number that shows?

    Thanks,
    Greg
    I mean the user id number that shows when you log in on the messenger. When I click the user id to chat, the message is pending. Any inbound message from a facebook user comes from the same number 9665583160.

    Hope we can find a fix for this.

    I'm also noticing that after the 966 message shows up, I only get the first message, then the messenger signs off. If you want I can take a video of what is happening or something. I don't really know how to help.

    This Facebook chat is built off the same Facebook Chat plugin for Pidgin right? I wonder why the Pidgin one works so well. Maybe I'm wrong though, I'm not sure how you made this.

    Thanks,
    Dennis

Posting Permissions