Page 21 of 122 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425263171121 ... LastLast
    A new version of the Messaging Plugins is being currently tested. We have noticed that the plugins might interfere with current patches.

Possible features:
    -Facebook Chat (limited somewhat so far)
    -AIM/GTalk added to libpurple service (instead of Pre's native plugin)
    -1.2.1 compatibility
    -Fixed icons
    -Working support on all plugins

Make sure you tune in for any released updates. There is no set release date for this version. In the meantime, the current version (1.0.3) is kind've buggy still and varies from person to person. I wouldn't recommend that anyone experiment with the contact syncing due to some harmful effects it brings, but I can't stop you.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    A new version of the Messaging Plugins is being currently tested. We have noticed that the plugins might interfere with current patches.

Possible features:
    -Facebook Chat (limited somewhat so far)
    -AIM/GTalk added to libpurple service (instead of Pre's native plugin)
    -1.2.1 compatibility
    -Fixed icons
    -Working support on all plugins

Make sure you tune in for any released updates. There is no set release date for this version. In the meantime, the current version (1.0.3) is kind've buggy still and varies from person to person. I wouldn't recommend that anyone experiment with the contact syncing due to some harmful effects it brings, but I can't stop you.
    cant w8 to try out the next version
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    can someone please help me? i downloaded the messenger and tried installling it thru webos but it wont go onto the phone..can anyone tell me what im doing wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by blacque View Post
    can someone please help me? i downloaded the messenger and tried installling it thru webos but it wont go onto the phone..can anyone tell me what im doing wrong?
    wut u mean it wont go on the fone...u get any errors or wut...the fone is supposed to reset completely when its installing
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by blacque View Post
    You're not reading the whole thread. You MUST have PreWare and Package Manager installed for the WebOS Quick Install to work.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Can You send me a copy of the test version to try out? or do I have to wait until the release?
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Do you have ETA on when it will be available?

I just don't want to miss it when it comes out!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

8.    #408  
    Hi guys,

Sorry about the absense I have been very busy and not around alot.

The new version is close. I wa sjust about to release for testing but I found a patching bug which im trying to get to the bottom of.

Thanks to VeeDubb65 for the updates and everyone else for helping out everyone else.

Once I have got this version out I will be hoping to add the following features.

• Log-in, Log-out options for each plugin
      Jabber support
      SIPE support

I will then look at contact syncing to see whats going on there.

Bad news is Skype wont be supported as the libpurple plugin for skype requies skype to be installed and running. It is just a connector not a full on plugin

Greg
    What about adding contacts? When i add a contact it doesnt show up on the list. I have to delete and readd my account. IS that what you mean by the contact syncing?
    Will we be able to install this new version over the old version? (I hope) :P
    wuts SIPE?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi guys,

Sorry about the absense I have been very busy and not around alot.

The new version is close. I wa sjust about to release for testing but I found a patching bug which im trying to get to the bottom of.

Thanks to VeeDubb65 for the updates and everyone else for helping out everyone else.

Once I have got this version out I will be hoping to add the following features.

• Log-in, Log-out options for each plugin
      Jabber support
      SIPE support

I will then look at contact syncing to see whats going on there.

Bad news is Skype wont be supported as the libpurple plugin for skype requies skype to be installed and running. It is just a connector not a full on plugin

Greg
    I cannot wait for this version! I've been waiting patiently for the Facebook Chat integration. Hope it works well Keep it up my friend. I'll be donating for this great plugin.
  13.    #413  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnellkeith View Post
    What about adding contacts? When i add a contact it doesnt show up on the list. I have to delete and readd my account. IS that what you mean by the contact syncing?
    Hi darnellkeith,
    Ill add it to my todo list. Ill see what I can come up with
    Greg
  14.    #414  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Will we be able to install this new version over the old version? (I hope) :P
    Hi volcom45,

This will definently install over the old version. No need to uninstall etc.

Greg
  15.    #415  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    wuts SIPE?
    Hi macima2k53,

SIPE info can be found here Sipe Project | SIPE Project

Its a plugin to support
    Microsoft Office Communications Server (OCS 2007 and newer)
    Microsoft Live Communications Server (LCS 2003/2005)
    Reuters Messaging

Good for businesses.
    Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Hi macima2k53,

SIPE info can be found here Sipe Project | SIPE Project

Its a plugin to support
    Microsoft Office Communications Server (OCS 2007 and newer)
    Microsoft Live Communications Server (LCS 2003/2005)
    Reuters Messaging

Good for businesses.
    Greg
    so ull have the next version out by tomorrow?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Thanks a ton for this man! I was in dire need of MSN.
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
    Is IRC in the near future? I'm really missing it from my Treo.
    cant delete contacts from my yahoo messenger i delete contact of my messenger in laptop but i cant get it off my pre it show it still as messenger contact and also in the telephone book as well
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Is IRC in the near future? I'm really missing it from my Treo.
    Personally, I really wouldn't want IRC included in the built-in messaging app. As much traffic as your average IRC gets, I think the built-in app wouldn't handle it very well.

Now, a separate app for IRC could be a very good thing.