Page 2 of 122 FirstFirst 12345671252102 ... LastLast
    Thanks so much Greg for this wonderful messenger plugin. I can't wait for you to get those crazy issues sorted out with the Facebook Chat. I use Facebook SOO much, and being able to chat through FB would be perfect.

Thanks for everything!
    i just tryed downloading it and it didnt work for me i am using webOSQI 2.6 it downloaded but when i opened it, i only seen the 3 that i had yahoo goggle and aim can someone help me out pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee
    Weird. I installed the ipk with WebOSQI 2.53 and I had no errors. I ran the script to add the Live plugin, and I look in my messenger to add a Live account and only Gtalk and AIM appear. Did I do something wrong? Here is my command results.

Code:
    sudo sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging
    /MessagingPlugins.sh InstallPlugin Live
    Command line arguments:  /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/bin/java -Xexact -m 10M -Djava.library.path=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/bin:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/bin:/usr/lib -Dvm.boot.library.path=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/bin -bootclasspath /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/lib/rt.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/luni.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/nio.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/nio_char.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/security.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/archive.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/logging.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/text.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/icu4j_3.8/icu4j-3_8.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/icu4j_3.8/icu4j-charsets-3_8.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/ext/icu4jni.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/sql.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/regex.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/math.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/auth.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/crypto.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/x-net.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/boot/annotation.jar:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/ext/bcprov.jar -Djava.home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre -Djava.security.properties=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5-palm/jre/lib/security/java.security -bcp /usr/lib/luna/java/Utils.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/accounts.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/accountservices.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/activerecord.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/json.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/sqlitejdbc-v053.jar:/usr/lib/luna/java/org.webosinternals.messaging.jar org.webosinternals.messaging.Main InstallPlugin Live
    @@@@ ClassLibrary initialize begins...
    Harmony interface GetInitArgs() not implemented
    @@@@ ClassLibrary initialized... elapsed=408 ms
    Messaging Plugin Installation...
    Version: 1.0.0
    By Greg Roll 2009

Installing Messenger Plugin...
    Querying com_palm_accounts_AccountType for id...
    Found:
    Querying com_palm_accounts_AccountType for last id...
    Found: 1099511627794
    Next id is: 1099511627795
    Querying com_palm_accounts_AccountTypeService for last id...
    Found: 2199023255582
    Next id is: 2199023255583
    Messenger Plugin Installed.
    Last edited by kioken; 09/29/2009 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Wrong tags
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i just tried to install it the 2nd time after i had uninstalled it when it didnt work and now i cant open my messaging app....dont know if it has to do with the plugin...and i have already uninstalled it from device management in qi and still i cant open so let me figure this out

Edit: no matter wut i do i cant open my messaging so ima doctor my fone
    Hi maxima2k53,

Sorry!!! If you have root access check out /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-constants.jsjsjs. $If$ $it$ $is$ $missing$ $see$ $if$ $you$ $have$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$models$/$messaging$-$constants$.$js$.$messback$ $and$ $rename$ $that$. $If$ $not$ $use$ $the$ $WEBOS$ $Repair$ $tool$ $to$ $restore$ $that$ $file$ $from$ $the$ $doctor$.

Once again very sorry!
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    UPDATE!!!!

It seems there is a huge difference between the Palm database that stores IM information on a clean 1.2 Pre and an upgraded Pre from 1.1. My testers were all clean 1.2 uses and my emulator is obviously clean 1.2. I must appologise. I will fix this up ASAP. Please check back shortly.
    so ur saying the ipk u gave us were for 1.2 clean devices(not upgraded from 1.1 to 1.2) well im guessing thats y i had to doctor my phone bc i couldnt open my messages...so i can still install this ipk bc im doctoring it?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Hi maxima2k53,

Sorry!!! If you have root access check out /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-constants.jsjsjs. $If$ $it$ $is$ $missing$ $see$ $if$ $you$ $have$ /$usr$/$palm$/$applications$/$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$/$app$/$models$/$messaging$-$constants$.$js$.$messback$ $and$ $rename$ $that$. $If$ $not$ $use$ $the$ $WEBOS$ $Repair$ $tool$ $to$ $restore$ $that$ $file$ $from$ $the$ $doctor$.

Once again very sorry!
    no worries man...everyone makes mistakes im not those kind of ppl that b*tch out the dev for the app not working or w.e im already doctoring my phone..so ill try out the ipk when it comes up
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Hi maxima2k53,

Once again very sorry!
    letting u know...the webOS repair tool doesnt work with 1.2 if i remember thats wut jason said bc he needs to upgrade it...supposedly repair utility is made specifically for 1.1 so we need upgrades for that too
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I'll be checking back on this. I can still open my messenger fine thankfully. I just don't see any of the plugins. Will wait for the fix.
  9.    #29  
    OK thanks to VeeDubb65 and aibrahim I was about to troubleshoot the problem.

It appears palm has done bad things. On a clean 1.2 device (which my testers had) the PalmDatabase.db3 has a certain structure. On a 1.1 device the collumns are all the same but in a different order!!! What were they thinking?!?!

I have a workaround which works just waiting for VeeDubb65 to finish some testing to ensure he doesn't loose all his contacts etc etc.

Will post back very shortly
    Well, I uninstalled your messenger plugin while I waited for a new one, and now everytime I click add IM account the messenger app locks up. What do I do now?
    Quote Originally Posted by kioken View Post
    Well, I uninstalled your messenger plugin while I waited for a new one, and now everytime I click add IM account the messenger app locks up. What do I do now?
    ur probably gonna have to doctor ur phone...i just finished doing that
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

ur probably gonna have to doctor ur phone...i just finished doing that
    You're kidding.... Dang. I didn't expect to have to do that. I'm assuming I lose everything after this doctoring right? Never done it before.
  13.    #33  
    You will have to uninstall when the next version comes out.

As a few of you have had issues I would recommend you don't uninstall until the new version comes out to ensure messaging still works.

For those of you who are having messaging issues the only file I modify in the messaging app is "/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-constants.jsjsjs&$quot$;.

Try and replace that file and restart your Pre and it should work prefectly again.

Once again sorry. I don't know why Palm would make files difference between a clean and upgraded phone
    You're kidding.... Dang. I didn't expect to have to do that. I'm assuming I lose everything after this doctoring right? Never done it before.
    sort of...just back up ur stuff in ur usb...everything else is backed up except homebrew
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

sort of...just back up ur stuff in ur usb...everything else is backed up except homebrew
    Interesting. I got risky and reinstalled the messenger plugin. It allowed me to add IM account again, only showing Gtalk and AIM, but for some reason now it only connects to gtalk not AIM. Says can't connect to server. Crazy. I think I will just stick to recovery.
    Interesting. I got risky and reinstalled the messenger plugin. It allowed me to add IM account again, only showing Gtalk and AIM, but for some reason now it only connects to gtalk not AIM. Says can't connect to server. Crazy. I think I will just stick to recovery.
    there's 2 options...done do anytihng until there;s an update or doctor ur phone
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

You will have to uninstall when the next version comes out.

As a few of you have had issues I would recommend you don't uninstall until the new version comes out to ensure messaging still works.

For those of you who are having messaging issues the only file I modify in the messaging app is "/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-constants.jsjsjs&$quot$;.

Try and replace that file and restart your Pre and it should work prefectly again.

Once again sorry. I don't know why Palm would make files difference between a clean and upgraded phone
    I would like to replace the messaging-constraints.jsjsjs $file$, $but$ $where$ $do$ $I$ $get$ $the$ $original$ $unaltered$ .$js$? $I$ $didn$'$t$ $back$ $it$ $up$.

SORRY, found the .messbak. Thanks
    Just finished getting my Pre all set up after using webOS Doctor and dont' have a huge need for Yahoo or Live right now so I won't be testing this out.

Regardless, thanks for the great work.

And I've heard rumblings of a IRC client... any word on how that's going?

Edit: Oh, and on the 1.2 emulator, unfortunately I'm just getting a spinning circle when trying to sign into Yahoo with this.

Edit2: Rebooted the emulator, and it's connected.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 09/29/2009 at 09:30 PM.
    Can You Do A IPK file so i can download it on webOS Quick Installed
    I just want to say, I spent the last hour or so on IRC with greg doing some testing and trying to work out the problem, and he was incredibly helpful.

While we weren't able to get a fix just yet, hopefully the PalmDatabase.db3 I sent him will let him find a fix.

I'll also try the fix again after dinner, and see if I can take it a step further to get the job done, while he works on a more eloquent solution.

In any case, HUGE to greg for bringing us this patch, and also for working so hard to get us a fix.