Page 19 of 122 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242969119 ... LastLast
    I am wondering one thing though is there any way of keeping this from putting all the contacts from yahoo msn and so on to my phone contact list?

I have not a single prob with this app and works well but just the one annoying thing to have all my msn yahoo contacts in my contact list...

I just want to see the online list and so on more like a stand alone app would be nice or a stand alone contact list for yahoo msn aim and so on just a suggestion... great app though keep up the good work... Thanks...
    do any one know how to send images (picture from the photo album) via msn/yahoo........
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmelox View Post
    I just installed the file org.webosinternals.messaging_1.0.3_armv7.ipk using Webos Quick install and it work perfect for me. I have now google Talk, AIM, Yahoo, ICQ and Live Messenger.

Attachment 33618

Attachment 33619
    did u uninstall it allready to see if the uninstall is clean ? just asking because i want this plug in so bad! thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    did u uninstall it allready to see if the uninstall is clean ? just asking because i want this plug in so bad! thanks!!
    I had no probs removing it with preware its under plug-ins i think but ya that's what i used
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    hey i dont know why, but my WL contacts link with other contacts just fine, nothing frooze or had any trouble with them, its just unwanted emails are on the contacts but can not delete them. Any way of deleting those? except the linked accounts. if i delete my WLaccount completely then it goes off for sure iknow that. But I for one can for sure claim, That my WL accounts Link perfectly fine.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Now I get "error reading control file" as the message when I attempt to reinstall.

I did a complete wipe on my Pre with WebOS Doctor. Upgraded to 1.2.1 from 1.2.0. Installed FileCoaster, IPKG Service and Preware. Then installed this plugin, or tried to anyway.

After the install/error msg, my phone restarted and now I have GoogleTalk, AIM , Yahoo and ICQ... but Windows Live/MSN is missing.

Any ideas?

I'm using a Mac running 10.6 OSX (Snow Leopard)
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I was having problems getting my pre to accept my yahoo account for IM. I rebooted, reinstalled the messaging app, finally I installed this messaging plugin and everythign started working.

Now that i think of it, is yahoo a IM account type that is included in webOS 1.2.1? Or only in the Messaging Plugin...was my seeing it in the account type list prior to installing the plugins a fluke? The Pre thought it was installed but it really wasn't. so when i installed it all worked well? Hmmm, dont know. Don't care. It's working now!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by drewp View Post
    I was having problems getting my pre to accept my yahoo account for IM. I rebooted, reinstalled the messaging app, finally I installed this messaging plugin and everythign started working.

Now that i think of it, is yahoo a IM account type that is included in webOS 1.2.1? Or only in the Messaging Plugin...was my seeing it in the account type list prior to installing the plugins a fluke? The Pre thought it was installed but it really wasn't. so when i installed it all worked well? Hmmm, dont know. Don't care. It's working now!!!
    Having just run WebOSDr 20 minutes ago myself, I believe the reason is that your palm account remembers what IM accounts you had set up, so your yahoo shows up. However, you can't actually log into it, because there's no support for yahoo IM until you install the plugins from here.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    ok so i want yahoo bad and I went to pg 1 of this thread ,downloaded the messenger file labeled Pre from the windows website the link took me too. . I dragged and dropped it into my webOS quick Install v.2.53 ((not even sure if it is the newest V or where to get it if not)) ,,,, waited a while .....went to my sms preferences ..add account ... and there was YAHOO!!! & ICQ but I dont use icq and dont care about msn but its not there.

error logging in : ( ...what now ??? Did I miss a file ,,Did I have the wrong version of quick install ??? Went to preware and it is there under installed packages called messaging Plugins ,,I clicked launch and that does nothing. BTW my aol wouldnt sign in but I went back to try logging into yahoo one more time before I hit remove in preware and it logged in ! But Now why no AOL ??? LOL This is crazy.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffniefl View Post
    ok so i want yahoo bad and I went to pg 1 of this thread ,downloaded the messenger file labeled Pre from the windows website the link took me too. . I dragged and dropped it into my webOS quick Install v.2.53 ((not even sure if it is the newest V or where to get it if not)) ,,,, waited a while .....went to my sms preferences ..add account ... and there was YAHOO!!! & ICQ but I dont use icq and dont care about msn but its not there.

error logging in : ( ...what now ??? Did I miss a file ,,Did I have the wrong version of quick install ??? Went to preware and it is there under installed packages called messaging Plugins ,,I clicked launch and that does nothing. BTW my aol wouldnt sign in but I went back to try logging into yahoo one more time before I hit remove in preware and it logged in ! But Now why no AOL ??? LOL This is crazy.
    well i went ahead and installed that second file and it just added the msn ,,as said before I dont care for it and Aol & Gmail will not log in now so I am uninstalling yahoo and msn. I still cannot log into aol or gmail after removing the files ................. Has anyone had any success with all IMs working or just getting the phone back to norm without having to doctor ??????????????
    Hey guys i just wanted to tell you about some things i did to get this to install and work ok for me its kind of trial and error on some pre's and some it's not i have a few friends with pre's and have installed this app on 7 pre's first i assume you know how to use quick install so this is what i do...

First thing put your pre in dev mode and reboot if it is already in dev mode then just reboot it... (this is needed) 5 out of the 7 pre's it would not install correctly if i did not do a reboot... also be sure yous does not go in to sleep mode or let the screen dim while installing...

2nd down load the ipk file to your desktop or were ever

3rd plug in your pre and press just charge again make sure you pre never goes in to sleep mode and make sure you don't have any cards open (you can keep the pre awake by tapping the screen ever few seconds while its installing)

4th open up quick install and press the + button browse to and select the ipk you downloaded then click install this will take a good while for it to install and you pre will seem to freeze for a bit also but it will reboot after a while...

5th now after the pre reboots check to see if it installed ok (open up messaging in the drop down menu tap on prefs. and accounts click add account you should see google aim yahoo live and icq... if any one of these are missing or you see 2 yahoo or 2 live then it did not install right...

If it did not install right you need to remove it Use preware to remove it not webos QI... in preware you can find it under installed packages - application - messaging plugins... mot likely it will restart luna after you do this that is not enough you still need to restart the phone... now follow the steps again on 5 of the pre's i have installed it did not work on the first go but always worked on the 2nd round... just for your information i made sure the pre's had no text's red or unread

I hope this helps you this is what worked for me...
    Quote Originally Posted by LPEREZ84 View Post
    Hey my mms is not working either...Did u get it to work, i even did a full erase and its still not working!
    what version of quick install did you use to install and uninstall?
    what version of quick install did you use to install the plugin??
    For those who used the quick install I am thankful for those who list the details when you have a problem installing the plugin. that also include those who were successful installing the plugin..

I only ask the 3 simple questions:

What version of quick install did you use to install and uninstall??
    (for example: version 2.02, 2.03, 2.72, etc)

Did you use another version to uninstall the plugin?

What version WebOS did you have before you installed the plugin?
    (for example version 1.1, 1.2, 1.2.1)
    Last Monday I tried to install Messaging Plugins v. 1.0.1 to my Pre, which had been upgraded from 1.1 to 1.2 earlier that day. After installing I was able to see Yahoo in the available Messengers list, but was not able to sign in.

On Tuesday I doctored my Pre straight to 1.2 and installed Messaging Plugins v. 1.0.1 again. Now I was able to sign in to Yahoo and could send messages but was not receiving replies. I installed v. 1.0.3 of Messaging Plugins and was able to sign in, send and receive messages over both MSN and Yahoo.

On Saturday I received the notice of 1.2.1 being available. I installed it and was again unable to sign in to Yahoo. I installed Messaging Plugins v. 1.0.3 over top of the newly upgraded OS and once again everything was working.

For the record, I have used WebOS Quick Install 2.6 for all of this. It was necessary to install Preware and the Package Manager service both initially and after doctoring the phone to get the plugins to install.

Hope that helps.

no i haven't try but i am pretty sure you can remove it with preware.

preware_2009-06-10_093012.jpg
    quick question, do i need to install both or just the pre one

Pre - org.webosinternals.messaging_1.x.x_armv7.ipk
    Emu - org.webosinternals.messaging_1.x.x_i686.ipk
    for 5 seconds i was delighted that i had yahoo messenger now and working!!

until 5 minutes later I realized the install of it deleted my entire photo profile from the phone - every picture GONE!!! *** CRAP !@*!*#*&!@#*& ***

I installed it with updated 1.2.1 and used WOSQI 2.72 *sighs*

EDIT - sooo I plug the phone in thinking I can just copy my backed up files to the phone, when I plug it in and open the PRE files, they are all there - I just cant access them from the PRE itself ( the whole "photos" option has disappeared from the phone)

EDIT 2 - well in a panic i turned it off and on a couple times and photos are restored. My ringtone settings were all set to default and the phone is TERRIBLY TERRIBLY slow now

but hey .. i have yahoo messenger working still hehe THANKS!!!!
    Last edited by pixielee; 10/06/2009 at 09:45 AM.
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Quote Originally Posted by robbskittles View Post
    quick question, do i need to install both or just the pre one

Pre - org.webosinternals.messaging_1.x.x_armv7.ipk
    Emu - org.webosinternals.messaging_1.x.x_i686.ipk
    The armv7 file is the one you install on your phone. The i686 file is for installing to the emulator, if you choose to do so.

It's interesting to note that since the Pre is not available in Australia yet, Greg developed this plugin without owning a working Pre. Hence the emulator install.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zr123 View Post
    Now I get "error reading control file" as the message when I attempt to reinstall.

I did a complete wipe on my Pre with WebOS Doctor. Upgraded to 1.2.1 from 1.2.0. Installed FileCoaster, IPKG Service and Preware. Then installed this plugin, or tried to anyway.

After the install/error msg, my phone restarted and now I have GoogleTalk, AIM , Yahoo and ICQ... but Windows Live/MSN is missing.

Any ideas?

I'm using a Mac running 10.6 OSX (Snow Leopard)
    ?