Page 18 of 122 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232868118 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blaqque View Post
    how do i get the ipkg?
    Messaging Plugins - Windows Live

I wouldn't recommend it. I would just wait till all the bugs are sorted out. I install the plugin and now I have no way of removing it. Even after installing them it does not show exist in the quick install. Now I'm trying to manually delete/remove the plugins. Install at your own risk (as always).
    Quote Originally Posted by getmoneyeveryday View Post

I wouldn't recommend it. I would just wait till all the bugs are sorted out. I install the plugin and now I have no way of removing it. Even after installing them it does not show exist in the quick install. Now I'm trying to manually delete/remove the plugins. Install at your own risk (as always).
    Just for the record, it works perfectly for me. If you don't like it or have trouble with it it can be removed via PreWare, where it is listed under PlugIns.

Also, for those who don't read the whole thread, MSN Messenger works, and works with AIM. Those problems were worked out in the 1.0.3 version.

I wholeheartedly recommend it.
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    If you connect to #webos-internals using IRC or freenode Web IRC (qwebirc) I am there available to chat.

Might be easier...

Greg
    you're not there. maybe I missed it.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    For some reason after installing this plugin, my notifications for SMS or IM are gone. Is there something that I may have done? A setting perhaps?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CheshireFrog View Post
    Just for the record, it works perfectly for me. If you don't like it or have trouble with it it can be removed via PreWare, where it is listed under PlugIns.

Also, for those who don't read the whole thread, MSN Messenger works, and works with AIM. Those problems were worked out in the 1.0.3 version.

I wholeheartedly recommend it.

according to greg .. every word in the first post, page 1. He did not say the plugin is listed in preware. As of now the only way to accomplish this is to install the plugin via terminal on the pre, novaterm, or quick install (no version specified) Anyway. I chosed the ipkg and used quick install. then I got 1 error during the luna restart as everything was done by itself. The removal of plugins via quick install doesn't work. He said you can remove it with quick install.

So this I have to try these commands and none of them work.
    Had to install terminal on the pre and run this following command:

/var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.messaging.prerm

Alot of error messages scrolling during this process but it did the job and restarted luna.

THen I went back to messaging.. option.. preference.. then add account..; you get that 3 blank (whatever it is) is just stuck there!

I ran this command:

sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh PatchMessagingApp

Tells me "NOT FOUND"

the last thing I want to do is using the emergency recovery patch via preware to uninstall everything and reinstall all the patches (about 60+ patches) after a clean update from webos 1.2 to webos 1.2.1

I wholeheartedly DO NOT RECOMMEND!

btw I forget to add.. with preware in the plugins category.. the only available is terminal. am I missing something??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by getmoneyeveryday; 10/05/2009 at 06:24 PM. Reason: I forget to add...
    according to greg .. every word in the first post, page 1. He did not say the plugin is listed in preware. As of now the only way to accomplish this is to install the plugin via terminal on the pre, novaterm, or quick install (no version specified) Anyway. I chosed the ipkg and used quick install. then I got 1 error during the luna restart as everything was done by itself. The removal of plugins via quick install doesn't work. He said you can remove it with quick install.

So this I have to try these commands and none of them work.
    Had to install terminal on the pre and run this following command:

/var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.messaging.prerm

Alot of error messages scrolling during this process but it did the job and restarted luna.

THen I went back to messaging.. option.. preference.. then add account..; you get that 3 blank (whatever it is) is just stuck there!

I ran this command:

sh /var/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.messaging/MessagingPlugins.sh PatchMessagingApp

Tells me "NOT FOUND"

the last thing I want to do is using the emergency recovery patch via preware to uninstall everything and reinstall all the patches (about 60+ patches) after a clean update from webos 1.2 to webos 1.2.1

I wholeheartedly DO NOT RECOMMEND!

btw I forget to add.. with preware in the plugins category.. the only available is terminal. am I missing something??
    did you look for the patch in quickinstall 2.03.. i'm having some of the issues you're having and i noticed that i can't remove the patch in 2.7.2 but i can remove it in 2.03
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8addicted View Post
    did you look for the patch in quickinstall 2.03.. i'm having some of the issues you're having and i noticed that i can't remove the patch in 2.7.2 but i can remove it in 2.03
    No I have not tried removing it with 2.03.. btw.. what is the name of the patch found in 2.03 that I'm trying to remove?
    No I have not tried removing it with 2.03.. btw.. what is the name of the patch found in 2.03 that I'm trying to remove?
    btw I hope it's not listed as one of those "this is a webos applications" application or patch. you know what I mean.. look at my screen shot below.. is quickinstall 2.03
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i just tried to install it the 2nd time after i had uninstalled it when it didnt work and now i cant open my messaging app....dont know if it has to do with the plugin...and i have already uninstalled it from device management in qi and still i cant open so let me figure this out

Edit: no matter wut i do i cant open my messaging so ima doctor my fone
    Hey my mms is not working either...Did u get it to work, i even did a full erase and its still not working!
  10.    #350  
    btw I hope it's not listed as one of those "this is a webos applications" application or patch. you know what I mean.. look at my screen shot below.. is quickinstall 2.03
    Hi,

Those "this is a webos applications" are very strange. I have never seen that before. As 2.0.3 seems to be the one that shows "Messaging Plugins" correctly I would reinstall Messaging Plugins 1.0.3 and then you should be able to remove using Quick Install.

Hope this helps,
    Greg
  11.    #351  
    Hi guys,

Sorry about my absense I have been away.

I have started working on the next version which should hopefully contain the following fixes/additions...

• Fixed the icon bug as mentioned in post 1 where you search for a contant and it says "IM xxx USING:" and no icons are shown for the new plugins.
    • Facebook (May not list contacts by their name, working with the developer of this one)
    • Better installer (hopefully fix things not installing correctly the first time)
    • Hopefully make AIM and Gtalk work better with other plugins

Could someone please confirm the exact problem they have with plugins not working together? Does one plugin kick off another? Does being logged in to one plugin stop another from logging in? Does one plugin being enabled stop you adding another plugin?

Thanks guys,
    Greg
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zr123 View Post
    For some reason after installing this plugin, my notifications for SMS or IM are gone. Is there something that I may have done? A setting perhaps?

Thanks
    anyone??
    Quote Originally Posted by zr123 View Post
    anyone??
    Nope. Nobody.

You are the first person I've seen with this particular problem, so I'm guessing that either something is just a freak error, or you have some other patch/tweak that affects messaging but doesn't play nice with this.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    Nope. Nobody.

You are the first person I've seen with this particular problem, so I'm guessing that either something is just a freak error, or you have some other patch/tweak that affects messaging but doesn't play nice with this.
    Hmm, that's a bit odd. Maybe I need to restore everything back to factory on the Pre and try again. The only things I have installed are Preware, FileCoaster and a handful of other apps. No other mods or tweaks though.
    according to greg .. every word in the first post, page 1. He did not say the plugin is listed in preware.
    They weren't when he wrote that last Monday. I'm sitting here now looking at Preware version 0.9.1, and under installed packages it shows Messaging Plugins v. 1.0.3 and offers me the option of uninstalling.
    I just installed the file org.webosinternals.messaging_1.0.3_armv7.ipk using Webos Quick install and it work perfect for me. I have now google Talk, AIM, Yahoo, ICQ and Live Messenger.

messaging_2009-05-10_191620.jpg

messaging_2009-05-10_191629.jpg
    messaging plugins
    What's the latest version. I think I used 1.0.3... got it working for MSM, but has to run the code line.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

There is a way I used Preware and it cleanly removed it no prob...
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    Nope. Nobody.

I had the same prob. but was not caused by this app was caused by the 1.2 update one of the files was not updated right i had to use webos doctor to fix it the hard reset does nothing at all to fix it because it had the same missing file so run webos doctor wipe your phone to clean like new and you should be ok... also if you need to remove the app use preware